Joey B steps up once again.

Joe Biden is genetically incapable of keeping his mouth shut. His latest utterance, from the clown car we call the current administration, hypes shotguns as the weapon of choice for home defense. What a total a$$.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/02/20/Biden-Buy-a-shotgun-if-you-want-safety/UPI-35731361349000/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what exactly do you have a problem with in his assertion

Frankly, a shotgun should be a first choice for home defense, at least in my situation. What some of us take exception to is how he, and the rest of this administration, are constantly trying to tell us what we do and do not need. While I understand most of their kool-aid supporters require direction from them, the real world does not, so I suggest he say "A shotgun is a good choice for home defense because under duress it helps to take complete accuracy out of the list of things you need to have to defend your home" and then move on to the next question because, honestly, no one really gives a crap what Biden or Obama thinks we "need."

Frankly, a shotgun should be a first choice for home defense, at least in my situation. What some of us take exception to is how he, and the rest of this administration, are constantly trying to tell us what we do and do not need. While I understand most of their kool-aid supporters require direction from them, the real world does not, so I suggest he say "A shotgun is a good choice for home defense because under duress it helps to take complete accuracy out of the list of things you need to have to defend your home" and then move on to the next question because, honestly, no one really gives a crap what Biden or Obama thinks we "need."

You mean you dont like like getting told what you "need" from one guy with fake hair and fake teeth and another guy who spends $1,000,000 to play golf with Tiger Woods?

You mean you dont like like getting told what you "need" from one guy with fake hair and fake teeth and another guy who spends $1,000,000 to play golf with Tiger Woods?

Well, in fairness, it's not like Obama used his OWN money to play golf with Tiger Woods. I mean, I know he THINKS it's his money, but still...

My problem w/ Joe Biden is that he tends to respond to serious situations much like Jimmy Griffin did in Buffalo during the Great Blizzard--the famous just-grab-a-six-pack-and-wait-it-out approach. Joe Biden is the master of pandering to the "unwashed" with his homey line of bull**** based on his career as one of the all time great hangers-on.

my handgun instructor (a staunch republican) told me exactly the same thing. he said if i was getting a handgun for home protection i was far better off just getting a shotgun. he said you are NINE times MORE LIKELY to be injured by your own handgun than you will ever use it for actual protection. he also said when using a handgun for defense you are highly likely to miss your target even if you fire multiple rounds and even from relatively close range

so really those complaining about joes good advice are really just using this issue to say they hate democrats. i wish they would just come out and say that instead of muddying the waters on this important issue with empty partisan bullsh

my handgun instructor (a staunch republican) told me exactly the same thing. he said if i was getting a handgun for home protection i was far better off just getting a shotgun. he said you are NINE times MORE LIKELY to be injured by your own handgun than you will ever use it for actual protection. he also said when using a handgun for defense you are highly likely to miss your target even if you fire multiple rounds and even from relatively close range

so really those complaining about joes good advice are really just using this issue to say they hate democrats. i wish they would just come out and say that instead of muddying the waters on this important issue with empty partisan bullsh

Thats the same simpleton thinking that gets us "youre a racist!!!!" if you say anything against Obama.

I hate to wake you up, but politicians ignore the fact they agree with their rivals and bash them on the issue anyway pretty much on a daily.

Nobody likes getting advice from people who dont know what the !@#$ they are talking about, yet act as if they are, even if in the end they are correct.

Its pomposity in its purest form to do so.

So unless Hairplug Joe has some stats from experts on gun handling, hunting, and home crime to cite to back up his rant, he should shut the !@#$ up.

Its like some blowhard car salesman giving you tax advice at a cocktail party. Even if hes right, hes still annoying the **** out of you. And if you then go over to your wife and say "Hey, Joe over there, a car salesman, said we should refi the house!", your wife would say "Put the beer down and call our accountant for tax advice, you moron."

Edited by RkFast

So in other words, Joe is an average democrat or at least his thoughts and words are typical of a democrat?

Incorrect.

You cannot be this clueless.

Why do you think the media is splashing his quote..................to prove they hate democrats ?

Joe Biden's long track record of making statements (true or not) that are in conflict with his own administration is the point.

Its obvious..............................but you just stick with your own little "they must mean this" meme................

"none are so blind........."

Edited by B-Man

yeah i really am clueless bc i honestly have no idea what youre talking about

i support gun ownership. i have a handgun permit (tho i dont own a handgun). i used to go hunting and loved things like target practice

im a registered independant, ive voted for a republican the last two presidential elections, so this isnt about politics for me

and i literally have no idea what your beef is on this

sounds like simple partisan temper tantrums to me, but if somebody wants to try to make a cogent point i will listen

you want reliable useful home protection, get a shotgun. so whats the problem

yeah i really am clueless bc i honestly have no idea what youre talking about

i support gun ownership. i have a handgun permit (tho i dont own a handgun). i used to go hunting and loved things like target practice

im a registered independant, ive voted for a republican the last two presidential elections, so this isnt about politics for me

and i literally have no idea what your beef is on this (thats for damn sure)

sounds like simple partisan temper tantrums to me, but if somebody wants to try to make a cogent point i will listen

you want reliable useful home protection, get a shotgun. so whats the problem

The whole forest is in front of you and you continue to look at the acorn.

NO ONE is saying that a shotgun isn't good home protection,

or a handgun,

or an "assualt" rifle,

or a baseball bat.

The thread is about the inappropriateness of Biden's comment given the administration's policies towards guns.

you are right............you have no idea...........

Some Americans take offense to being told what they can and cannot do or own... I get that... but they do have to realize the are not on the side where the support is- while Joe is often the punching bag of most conservatives, his statement is probably in line with popular public support of gun control measures.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/160085/americans-back-obama-proposals-address-gun-violence.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines%20-%20Crime%20-%20Government%20-%20Law%20and%20Order%20-%20Politics

Some Americans take offense to being told what they can and cannot do or own... I get that... but they do have to realize the are not on the side where the support is- while Joe is often the punching bag of most conservatives, his statement is probably in line with popular public support of gun control measures.

http://www.gallup.co...rder - Politics

Not to use an old cliche but the "masses" loved Hitler and slavery at one point, too.

Edited by RkFast

http://www.gallup.co...rder - Politics

Hey, look everyone! A new poll that shows most people agree with Barack Obama's gun control measures, half of which start with lines such as "Increase government spending for..." and "Spend $4 billion in federal government money to..." and "Spend $30 million in federal government money to..."

Who'd have ever believed that more people are in favor of spending money we don't have to provide services that already exist or that should be provided at the local level???

America is on the president's side, and more importantly, the president is on the side of America. Because there's nothing we can't overcome if we just start every idea with "Increase government spending for...."

Jesus.