Why Does DHS Need 1.6 Billion Rounds of Ammo?

Nanker

That's enough to wage a full scale war for thirty years.

While Americans are being browbeaten with rhetoric about the necessity to give up semi-automatic firearms in the name of preventing school shootings, the federal government is arming itself to the teeth with both ammunition and guns. Last September, The DHS purchased no less than 7,000 fully automatic assault rifles, labeling them “Personal Defense Weapons.”

So are they paranoid, or planning a purge, or both?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHS to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition - Homeland Security ...

DHS to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition

DHS is looking to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years — this comes to about five bullets for every person in the United States. The news was met in some conspiratorial quarters as an indication that the government is in an “arms race against the American people,” but the truth is more mundane: the rounds will be used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies supervised by DHS. The training will be conducted Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia and other facilities, which also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers.

DHS is looking to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years. This comes to about five bullets for every person in the United States.

Federal solicitations to buy the bullets are called strategic sourcing contracts, and Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia, said they help the government get a low price for a big purchase.

DHS to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition - Homeland Security ...

DHS to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition

DHS is looking to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years — this comes to about five bullets for every person in the United States. The news was met in some conspiratorial quarters as an indication that the government is in an “arms race against the American people,” but the truth is more mundane: the rounds will be used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies supervised by DHS. The training will be conducted Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia and other facilities, which also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers.

DHS is looking to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years. This comes to about five bullets for every person in the United States.

Federal solicitations to buy the bullets are called strategic sourcing contracts, and Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia, said they help the government get a low price for a big purchase.

everybody knows you dont use jhp for target practice. i think theyre trying to suck the market dry.

everybody knows you dont use jhp for target practice. i think theyre trying to suck the market dry.

The article didn't say they were using the hollow points for target practice. This doesn't explain why SSA needed what came to just under 600 rounds of hollow points per inspector, but just to be clear, the article doesn't make that connection between jhp and target practice.

Republican, Democrat, doesn't matter. Both parties answer to the same master and it ain't the voter.

Agreed. The last time I check we live in a police state where private companies run prisons where they are guaranteed by the government that they will have 90% occupancy. Meanwhile cops who have too high an IQ, ie those who would dare to ask questions, are legally exempt from hiring.

Soon drones will be flying over our homes invading our privacy and threatening our democracy.

So is life in Obama's America.

Where did all these creeps come from? The now [understandably] shut down official Bills forum?

No, no, no,

Don't go blaming us refugees from 14 months ago, for this current round of lightweights.

Edited by B-Man

The article didn't say they were using the hollow points for target practice. This doesn't explain why SSA needed what came to just under 600 rounds of hollow points per inspector, but just to be clear, the article doesn't make that connection between jhp and target practice.

"duty ammunition"=jhp

gotta sift through the jargon.

Agreed. The last time I check we live in a police state where private companies run prisons where they are guaranteed by the government that they will have 90% occupancy. Meanwhile cops who have too high an IQ, ie those who would dare to ask questions, are legally exempt from hiring.

Soon drones will be flying over our homes invading our privacy and threatening our democracy.

So is life in Obama's America.

what democracy do you speak of??

That's enough to wage a full scale war for thirty years.

While Americans are being browbeaten with rhetoric about the necessity to give up semi-automatic firearms in the name of preventing school shootings, the federal government is arming itself to the teeth with both ammunition and guns. Last September, The DHS purchased no less than 7,000 fully automatic assault rifles, labeling them “Personal Defense Weapons.”

So are they paranoid, or planning a purge, or both?

They are going to force us all to kneel in the middle of the street and shoot us all in the back of the head.

Obama is going to force you onto food stamps at gunpoint!

Obama is going to force you onto food stamps at gunpoint!

I'm not convinced you'd be good at this trolling stuff even by luck. I appreciate that this board lets any idiot hang themselves, but if you're not running out of rope soon, let me know so I can just brush past your comments.

I'm not convinced you'd be good at this trolling stuff even by luck. I appreciate that this board lets any idiot hang themselves, but if you're not running out of rope soon, let me know so I can just brush past your comments.

Hey, you're the one claiming that Obama and his administration has some grand scheme of getting more and more people dependent on the government. And is somehow doing this without the knowledge of the DES. Somehow I don't think I'm the one hanging themselves with my posts.

No, no, no,

Don't go blaming us refugees from 14 months ago, for this current round of lightweights.

He did not just go there.

So Fatty, why do you think DHS needs 1.6 billion rounds?

They're not stocking up on 1.6 billion rounds, you idiots...

1) It's roughly 1.6 million rounds, in thousand unit lots. "1.6 billion" is a mistake made by people who can't read.

2) It's a five year IDIQ..."1.6 million" is the maximum purchase over that period, not a committed amount.

Jesus, people are retards.