So, Donahoe isn't happy with Bledsoe's performance

Grant

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/006/sports...ledsoe_s:.shtml

So, Donahoe isn't very happy. For 90% of us Bills fans, this is good news.

Maybe we could swap Travis Henry for Jon Kitna? Henry could compete with Chris Perry for the starting job, since Rudi Johnson reportedly probably isn't returning. Such a trade isn't unreasonable.

And heck, we could even get back into the first round if Dallas wants Bledsoe. Thus, essentially we traded one first rounder for two quarterbacks.

Trade scenarios aside, this does prove that Donahoe is not married to Bledsoe and it certainly puts to rest that Donahoe's ego won't let him admit the Bledsoe trade was a failure.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop Stop stop. NO JON Kitna. No thank you. No way, no how. Jon Kitna has about as good of an arm as Chad Pennington.If Jon Kitna was worth anything, he wouldn't have been kicked off the sehawks, and benched by the friggen bengals. And wtf would the bengals want henry? They have rudi johnson?!?!? :blink: At least if you're gonna do a rb for qb trade people come up with a team that I don't know that actually needs a rb? This dallas and cincinatti stuff is never gonna happen.

Bledsoe/Henry for dallas's 1st= :blink:

Henry for Jon Kitna= :w00t:

Come up with something new some of these trade ideas are really making me laugh

Stop Stop stop.  NO JON Kitna. No thank you. No way, no how. Jon Kitna has about as good of an arm as Chad Pennington.If Jon Kitna was worth anything, he wouldn't have been kicked off the sehawks, and benched by the friggen bengals.  And wtf would the bengals want henry?  They have rudi johnson?!?!?  :blink:  At least if you're gonna do a rb for qb trade people come up with a team that I don't know that actually needs a rb?  This dallas and cincinatti stuff is never gonna happen.

Henry for Jon Kitna=  :w00t:

196651[/snapback]

I think Kitna would be a great choice if we were to get rid of Drew and go with JP. We need a veteran to back up JP. I think Donahoe has already said Drew will be here for another year, though.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Have no fear... next year it will be JP time, Drew will be the backup, and after that, no more Drew. I have a feeling that next year, we will be doing some HEAVY FA shopping for a backup QB...! :blink:

Stop Stop stop.  NO JON Kitna. No thank you. No way, no how. Jon Kitna has about as good of an arm as Chad Pennington.If Jon Kitna was worth anything, he wouldn't have been kicked off the sehawks, and benched by the friggen bengals.  And wtf would the bengals want henry?  They have rudi johnson?!?!?  :blink:  At least if you're gonna do a rb for qb trade people come up with a team that I don't know that actually needs a rb?  This dallas and cincinatti stuff is never gonna happen.

Henry for Jon Kitna=  :w00t:

196651[/snapback]

How about reading my post for comprehension before posting such dribble?

The Bengals, as I said, are reportedly getting rid of Rudi Johnson. This is why they drafted Chris Perry. However, there's no guarantee he's ready - and I could see that they might be interested in Henry for a good Option 1B.

Cleveland is another team that could be involved in a trade with Henry.

And I'm glad you are guaranteeing that this will never happen. Can you tell me what numbers to pick for the lottery, jackass? Of course it's all speculation. THAT'S WHY WE'RE NOT GENERAL MANAGERS. My god.

Also, why no Jon Kitna? We just need a veteran who will take low pay and hold the reigns until Losman is ready. He's absolutely not any worse or self-destructive than Drew Bledsoe, but he would come at a FRACTION of the cost.

Anyway, your dribble detracts from the main point of the post. Obviously, the boss isn't happy with Drew Bledsoe and he will be looking for possible short term replacements.

Rudi Johnson | 16 | 362 1457 4.0 12 | 15 84 5.6 0 |

| Chris Perry | 2 | 2 1 0.5 0 | 3 33 11.0 0

Would you get rid of rudi johnson after those type of stats? The reason they drafted perry was insurance, incase Rudi had a downyear. Obviousily he did not as his 1457 yards were a bengals franchise best. Didn't mean to snap before, it's just that I highly doubt any of these trades would happen. In all likelehood. The bengals would resign johnson. And in all honesty I don't want Jon Kitna, He's about as erratic of a qb as you can get. I don't see him pushing Losman. I'd personally rather keep Bledsoe. Not cause he's some great qb, but because imo he's better than whats available on the qb free agent market and I've seen enough of both of them play to say that.

Granted now it's difficult to keep a qb on the bench who I believe is set to make what 4-6 million next season? But I'd rather keep Bledsoe over bringing in kitna. if you want a vet. Resign Shane Matthews, and draft like someone else here said Jason Campbell out of Auburn, an effecient qb, who rarely makes mistakes, and plays good within a system. A qb who won't lose you games, and could possibly be the guy if losman doesn't pan out. Again I appologize for my previous post, it's just that some of these trade scenarios seem downright goofy.

About Donahoe Not wanting Bledsoe. I think we've all come to realize, Bledsoe won't win us many games, and a few instances can be pointed at as the reason we lost games, It is good to see that donahoe sees this, however I just can't see a vet that will be available that is a better option for this team. The Best route to go imo is an open competion for the starting spot. Between Drew and JP, or resign matthews, and draft a jason campbell. This team doesn't need great quaterback play to win games. We need someone who won't lose us games, and who doesn't turn the ball over in crucial situations.

It only took 4 years to figure out Drew sucks.

And by the way, I believe if we had Jon Kitna at QB this season, we'd be at least a #3 playoff seed.

PTR

196792[/snapback]

How would we be a #3 seed. That means we would have to be the division winner, and you are off your rocker, if you believe we were besting New England even with Payton Manning at QB.

We had the #2 defense in the league, led the league in take-aways, had a 1000 rusher and a 1000 receiver. I am not about to research this, but this may be the first time in NFL history that a team which accomplished all of this did not make the playoffs. Add to the mix a QB whose stats ranked in the 25-30 range, and the problem is evident. Identifying the problem is a lot easier than fixing it, but it appears that average quarterbacking would have been enough to squeeze out another win or two.

How would we be a #3 seed.  That means we would have to be the division winner, and you are off your rocker, if you believe we were besting New England even with Payton Manning at QB.

196798[/snapback]

Ooops...you got me there. We would not have passed the Pats. But the Jets? They'd be home instead of us.

PTR

All I ask is a fair and competitive battle for the starting QB spot in the preseason. I can live with Drew for another year if JP isn't ready, but I would love to see JP win the job.

196688[/snapback]

that's how I feel too. I really would rather Drew not win the competetion. I'm ready for JP to take his lumps and let's get going with our new Big Three. JP, Willis, and Evans. Time to take our division back, or at least make a run at doing so.

All I ask is a fair and competitive battle for the starting QB spot in the preseason. I can live with Drew for another year if JP isn't ready, but I would love to see JP win the job.

196688[/snapback]

This would be the reasonable and most likely approach. :blink:

Have no fear... next year it will be JP time, Drew will be the backup, and after that, no more Drew. I have a feeling that next year, we will be doing some HEAVY FA shopping for a backup QB...! :blink:

196653[/snapback]

Yeah right. It's not going to happen, Drew will be back in 2005. I haven't seen one article that indicate JP is ready.

We had the #2 defense in the league,  led the league in take-aways, had a 1000 rusher and a 1000 receiver.  I am not about to research this, but this may be the first time in NFL history that a team which accomplished all of this did not make the playoffs.  Add to the mix a QB whose stats ranked in the 25-30 range, and the problem is evident.  Identifying the problem is a lot easier than fixing it, but it appears that average quarterbacking would have been enough to squeeze out another win or two.

196801[/snapback]

And let's overlook the fact that the first four games were exploratory for MM. Those first four games were not Drew Bledsoe's fault in my recollection. The entire depth chart has been changed since that occured. That was Greggo's team and it no longer is.

What could be Donahoe's motivation for saying what he did?: (1) lets Losman know if he works his butt off this off-season the job could be his (2) lets frustrated veterans on the team know that Bledsoe will not be given a free pass (3) lets Bledsoe know he will not be given a free pass and better show up this year ready for a competition (4) less likely - puts feelers out to teams that might be interested in going after Bledsoe this off-season (i.e. Cowboys)

Maybe we could swap Travis Henry for Jon Kitna?  Henry could compete with Chris Perry  for the starting job, since Rudi Johnson reportedly probably isn't returning. Such a trade isn't unreasonable.

196641[/snapback]

And while you're at it you better get what you can right now for Lee Evans, a player whose talents would be wasted with a limp armer like Kitna. Evans would go from emerging star to "Where Are They Now?" if he loses one of the 4 best long arms in the league.

But Josh Reed would LOVE Kitna!