So, Donahoe isn't happy with Bledsoe's performance

Grant

And while you're at it you better get what you can right now for Lee Evans, a player whose talents would be wasted with a limp armer like Kitna. Evans would go from emerging star to "Where Are They Now?" if he loses one of the 4 best long arms in the league.

But Josh Reed would LOVE Kitna!

196910[/snapback]

The best long pass Evans caught all year came from Shane Matthews in the Niner game.

It was a B-E-A-utiful throw! :blink:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The best long pass Evans caught all year came from Shane Matthews in the Niner game.

It was a B-E-A-utiful throw!  :blink:

196947[/snapback]

I guess you don't get to see many of our games ;-)

And while you're at it you better get what you can right now for Lee Evans, a player whose talents would be wasted with a limp armer like Kitna. Evans would go from emerging star to "Where Are They Now?" if he loses one of the 4 best long arms in the league.

But Josh Reed would LOVE Kitna!

196910[/snapback]

Who turned Chad Johnson into a top 5 FF receiver in 2003?

Who turned Chad Johnson into a top 5 FF receiver in 2003?

196975[/snapback]

I'd hardly compare the two. Chad Johnson has 4 years in the league. Lee Evans in his rookie campaign averaged 3 yards more per catch than Johnson has over his career.

I'd hardly compare the two. Chad Johnson has 4 years in the league. Lee Evans in his rookie campaign averaged 2.5 yard more per catch than Johnson ever has over his career.

197003[/snapback]

But, Drew wasn't any part of this. In fact, if Shane Matthews had started Evans would have broken most of the rookie records this year.

after reading TD's comments....the one thing i am beginning to be reminded of is how devastating JP's broken leg was. missing all the practice time...and then to hear how he began to look like things were beginning to click the final month of the season (albeit in practice).

does anyone have Troy Vincent's home address?

I'd hardly compare the two. Chad Johnson has 4 years in the league. Lee Evans in his rookie campaign averaged 3 yards more per catch than Johnson has over his career.

197003[/snapback]

I'd agree that you can't compare the two, as Johnson has averaged nearly 15 yds/catch as the No. 1 receiver in his career, vs a guy who averaged 17.5 basically over 9 games as the No. 2.

But, Drew wasn't any part of this. In fact, if Shane Matthews had started Evans would have broken most of the rookie records this year.

197008[/snapback]

No doubt; if we only had Trent Dilfer, Josh Reed would be making his Hawaii reservations right now.

I'd agree that you can't compare the two, as Johnson has averaged nearly 15 yds/catch as the No. 1 receiver in his career, vs a guy who averaged 17.5 basically over 9 games as the No. 2.

197021[/snapback]

The only real measure we have is their rookie outings, although again I'd hardly consider it a fair comparison:

Johnson: 28 catches 329 yards 11.8 YPC 28 longest catch 1 TD

Evans: 48 catches 843 yards 17.6 YPC 69 longest catch 9 TDs

I'm sure Kitna would have made Evans a legitimate performer though ;-)

About Donahoe Not wanting Bledsoe.  I think we've all come to realize, Bledsoe won't win us many games, and a few instances can be pointed at as the reason we lost games

196657[/snapback]

A Few?????????????????????????

The only real measure we have is their rookie outings, although again I'd hardly consider it a fair comparison:

Johnson: 28 catches 329 yards 11.8 YPC 28 longest catch 1 TD

Evans:    48 catches 843 yards 17.6 YPC 69 longest catch 9 TDs

I'm sure Kitna would have made Evans a legitimate performer though ;-)

197046[/snapback]

Let's stick with apples to apples - Chad Johnson was the #3 receiver on that team, while Evans was #2.

Rookie Years:

Chad Johnson: 28 catches 329 yards 11.8 YPC 28 longest catch 1 TD

Josh Reed 37 catches 514 yards 13.9 YPC 2 TD

But what happened to each one, as they moved up the depth chart in their sophomore seasons?

Chad Johnson 69 1166 16.9 5

Josh Reed 58 588 10.1 2

Granted, we're hoping that Evans has a bigger year next year, but given the history of troubles for sophomore WRs, we shouldn't totally count on it.

Still, the logic holds that Kitna is a weak armed QB is not supported by the progression of Chad Johnson and TJ Houshisname in Cincy's vertical passing game.

Finally, since we both agree that Lee Evans was a critical offensive weapon in Bills late season resurgence, on whom would you lay primary blame for the following trendline:

| sea 6 70 | 1 |

| mia 4 110 | 2 |

| cle 4 33 | 1 |

| cin 5 101 | 1 |

| sfo 8 92 | 2 |

| pit 2 63 | 0

Let's stick with apples to apples - Chad Johnson was the #3 receiver on that team, while Evans was #2.

Rookie Years:

Chad Johnson: 28 catches 329 yards 11.8 YPC 28 longest catch 1 TD

Josh Reed  37 catches  514 yards  13.9 YPC  2 TD

But what happened to each one, as they moved up the depth chart in their sophomore seasons?

Chad Johnson  69  1166  16.9    5

Josh Reed        58    588  10.1    2

Granted, we're hoping that Evans has a bigger year next year, but given the history of troubles for sophomore WRs, we shouldn't totally count on it. 

Still, the logic holds that Kitna is a weak armed QB is not supported by the progression of Chad Johnson and TJ Houshisname in Cincy's vertical passing game.

Finally, since we both agree that Lee Evans was a critical offensive weapon in Bills late season resurgence, on whom would you lay primary blame for the following trendline:

| sea    6    70  |  1 |

| mia    4  110  |  2 |

| cle      4    33  |  1 |

| cin      5  101  |  1 |

| sfo      8    92  |  2 |

| pit      2    63  |  0

197232[/snapback]

Clearly the one to blame is Eric Moulds. As our opponents realized Eric no longer needed as much attention yet our rookie was a double threat- speed AND hands- our opponents focused their deep help and also their underneath double primarily on Lee. Look at the Pitt game- they figured they could cover Moulds with single coverage by Chad Scott coming off 7 or 8 weeks from an injury- and they won the battle of the odds in doing so when Moulds lost two by his own poor handling of the ball while being single covered.

Clearly the one to blame is Eric Moulds. As our opponents realized Eric no longer needed as much attention yet our rookie was a double threat- speed AND hands- our opponents focused their deep help and also their underneath double primarily on Lee. Look at the Pitt game- they figured they could cover Moulds with single coverage by Chad Scott coming off 7 or 8 weeks from an injury- and they won the battle of the odds in doing so when Moulds lost two by his own poor handling of the ball while being single covered.

197464[/snapback]

Of course it's Moulds' fault. There's no way it could be your brother.

Sorry, I meant Drew Bledsoe. Same thing. :D