Johny Knoxx

Jaysports36

I would take a shot at this kid, he is expected to be ready to play sometime in 2013, perhaps in the first month....he is a solid WR and would be an instant #2 if not a #1...when healthy, the back is an issue so the contract would have to show that. What do you guys think?

I like Knox too and think he is a great guy to bring to camp. I would expect teams like us, Miami, Rams, Chargers, etc would have interest in him too though. Not a guy we go sign to a big contract, but see if we can get him in here cheap and let him prove hes healthy. Again though, someone may be bound to over pay him and I don't want that to be us.

He done got broke. Chicago needs a WR too. If Knox had any prayer, they'd have kept him. Enough with marginal players. They need a speedy beast!

In all fairness they said the same thing about Danario Alexander...yet he exploded on the scene once healthy. Same with Laurent Robinson in Dallas last year. Knox isnt going to be the next big thing, but he has some talent and could prove to be a solid addition to a weak WR core come next year if he can prove he is healthy.

Sadly, I still hold out hope that the new regime will give Easley a shot to earn a spot as for some reason I still believe he has something to offer.

I live in Chicago, and saw a lot of Knox. There is NO WAY Knox is a WR1, and I'd be reluctant to even call him a WR2.

Yes, he was the Bears' WR1 for a year, but that was by default because they had literally nothing else at WR- similar to Miami rolling out Hartline as a WR1 last year.

Knox is Donald Jones with speed and return ability.

I live in Chicago, and saw a lot of Knox. There is NO WAY Knox is a WR1, and I'd be reluctant to even call him a WR2.

Yes, he was the Bears' WR1 for a year, but that was by default because they had literally nothing else at WR- similar to Miami rolling out Hartline as a WR1 last year.

Knox is Donald Jones with speed and return ability.

Yeah, but can he take a punch in the nuts from Mike Tyson? That's a "trick" I'd love to see in the next movie.

Multiple sources tell the Chicago Tribune that free agent Johnny Knox is "unlikely to play again."

Officially, Knox sustained a thoracic-lumbar junction fracture-dislocation with neurological involvement back in Week 15 of the 2011 season. "He had to work himself back up to where he could even walk. He had to work to get himself up out of bed," former position coach Darryl Drake said. The nerve damage and instability in Knox's back have capped his athletic ability and speed. At 6'0/185, those are two attributes he couldn't afford to lose. Feb 13 - 9:25 AM

Source: Chicago Tribune

@NFL_ATL

Report: WR Johnny Knox unlikely to play again http://www.nfl.com/n...er_atl …

Confirmed by the "Fort" Knox himself:

@NFL_ATL: Johnny Knox confirms he will not play football again http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138934/article/johnny-knox-will-not-play-football-again-im-moving-on?campaign=Twitter_atl …