The 53 Year Anniversary Bills Wall of Shame Awards

Meathead

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was good with the Bengals. Terrible with us.

poor 90 season bt he had a great 89 with the bills so thats a tough argument

Yeah, they often don't. Need someone with a better memory here. I only remember him getting into games and being ineffective.

they list him as a rb but i seem to recall he was considered a hybrid

he got 12 carries and 1 rec in a game which sure sounds like a starting RB/FB

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WrigDw01/gamelog//

will keep him listed for now and see if we can get a confirmation or find somebody worse

How about: FB Carwell Gardner

Carwell was a great special teams player and blocker and gave the Bills some much-needed toughness.

He backed down from no one.

Eugene Marve? Chris Keating? I'm looking...

Eugene Marve was quite a good linebacker.

Also Kinnebrew was definitely fullback-sized although he had nice speed.

He was a pretty good player.

Eugene Marve was actually a very good player, on some of the worst Bills teams ever. That might not be saying much, but IIRC he had a very nice career when he went to Tampa Bay...I think he even made their all decade team...he may have been a better Buc than Bill, but there had to be a kernal of that talent in Buffalo.

Carwell was a great special teams player and blocker and gave the Bills some much-needed toughness.

He backed down from no one.

Except a Denver safety on fourth and one from the one yard line in the 1995 opener... a weak effort that poisoned his reputation with Bills fans of a certain age.

Good call on Euhus. Forgot about him. He was forgettable.

I was just thinking about him and Ryan Neufeld. We kept them both for awhile, just waiting for one of them to emerge. It seemed like we stuck withthem for years and never got anything out of eiher one. I think Neufeld might have even been worse: Roster spot from 2003-2007 (5 years!) with 13 receptions. And yes, he started 7 games over 3 different years, so he's eligible for these "honors".

I also thought Matt Stevens was horrible horrible horrible at safety for us. Very few players have I been sure didn't deserve to be on the field at all, but he was one. (Side note: he had a motorcycle accident and became paralyzed in 2007. Story here.)

I also thought Matt Stevens was horrible horrible horrible at safety for us. Very few players have I been sure didn't deserve to be on the field at all, but he was one. (Side note: he had a motorcycle accident and became paralyzed in 2007. Story here.)

Wasn't Stevens nailed for peds which led the Bills to dump him just after his rookie year? He was ultimately a journeyman, but I not sure he was the worst safety the Bills fielded.

Gardner was a hell of a blocking back, IIRC.

EUGENE MARVE??????????????????? the guy was 3x as good as any LB we presently have on the roster

Ruud of course is a candidate,....but remember we also picked his teammate bob nelson that yr---who went on to the niniers and raiders and had a good career --and started both Plunkett SB wins