Southwest Airlines

dib

Rock on till Octber or November. By then it will be all Southwest in Richmond.

Welcome to my world. Down in Norfolk once AirTran stopped flying out of Newport News, Southwest became the only discount game in town and their prices have reflected it.

hmmm...what exactly is your beef with them? I too have been flying with them for years and havent noticed any changes....

Moving flights out of Manchester in favor of Boston Logan, raising prices on the same destinations from Manchester, fees fees fees, shitbagging their Rapid Rewards program, just to name a few.

PTR

Moving flights out of Manchester in favor of Boston Logan, raising prices on the same destinations from Manchester, fees fees fees, shitbagging their Rapid Rewards program, just to name a few.

PTR

Southwest has changed their business model. They used to favor a city like Manchester because it got them a piece of the BOS market while keeping their planes out of the BOS ATC mess. That was the way they operated for a long time. Now it's getting more, where can we make the most money? If BOS has better profit numbers than Manchester, BOS wins.

Oil prices are rising again, and ATC is what it is, and what if has been since the 60's, slow, inefficient and unable to handle today's traffic volumes. IF fuel prices get high enough, and IF they are losing too much time getting in/out of BOS, they could always shift more traffic back to Manchester.

It's kind of like the NFL....Show me the money!

Southwest has changed their business model. They used to favor a city like Manchester because it got them a piece of the BOS market while keeping their planes out of the BOS ATC mess. That was the way they operated for a long time. Now it's getting more, where can we make the most money? If BOS has better profit numbers than Manchester, BOS wins.

Oil prices are rising again, and ATC is what it is, and what if has been since the 60's, slow, inefficient and unable to handle today's traffic volumes. IF fuel prices get high enough, and IF they are losing too much time getting in/out of BOS, they could always shift more traffic back to Manchester.

It's kind of like the NFL....Show me the money!

Is it a bad thing they are motivated by " where can we make the most money". I mean they are a public corporation and have an absolute obligation to the shareholders to maximize profits as long as in a moral and ethical manner.

I have noticed no difference , sometimes when flying chit just does not work perfectly. If you absolutely , positively have to be somewhere, fly in a day early. Rather be delayed than dead.

PTR

Hmmmm, rapid rewards through chase maybe cost more but so does fuel. Southwest still IMO has the best rewards going. Since I gave up on united, etc. over a decade ago. As for fees? What fees? You mean paying to board early? Just get on the A list for 5 bucks per direction if your on the road. Southwest still gives me 2 round trips per year on average without doing much at all. That's PDX to Tampa usually.

Is it a bad thing they are motivated by " where can we make the most money". I mean they are a public corporation and have an absolute obligation to the shareholders to maximize profits as long as in a moral and ethical manner.

I have noticed no difference , sometimes when flying chit just does not work perfectly. If you absolutely , positively have to be somewhere, fly in a day early. Rather be delayed than dead.

What is more important: The shareholder or the customer. I always thought it was balance. Marv's Neighbor makes a very nice post.

My daughter and her fiancee' were delayed (by SW) getting to their connection in Houston. Subsequently they missed their flight to Oklahoma City. They were told there were no more flights to OK City. They had to rent a car and drive 8 hours to get home. SW didnt offer so much as a toothbrush. They were told, basically "Hey, you decided to get on the airplane in Ft. Lauderdale- tough cookies" Great customer service. You may want to consider this situation in your future travel plans.

Have them contact the Southwest customer relations group in Dallas (see below). No guarantees, but we had a similar problem and contacted the HQ folks who sent us vouchers good for future travel as a good will gesture.

http://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/customer-service-commitment.pdf

Customer Relations

Compliments, complaints, questions about service? Please e-mail, call or write to us.

Inquiries about service should include date(s) of travel, flight number(s), city pair(s), and names of persons traveling. Written complaints will receive an acknowledgement in writing indicating receipt of the complaint and you will receive a substantive response no later than 60 days of receipt of your complaint.

Send your written inquiry to:

E-mail: https://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/feedbackEntry'>https://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/feedbackEntry

Jim Ruppel

Vice President Customer Relations and Rapid Rewards

P.O. Box 36647

Dallas, TX 75235-1647

Phone: 214-932-0333 during business hours

E-mail: https://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/feedbackEntry