Get a jump on scouting the 2016 draft - College Signing Day

NoSaint

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/recruiting/signing-day-central

CBS Sports looks to have teamed up with some good HS scouting services to put together a pretty clean site. Odds are we will be talking about atleast 5 of the top 10 guys within the next few years. also will give some ideas of who to watch and where to watch them as its a pretty common college football question around here in the fall.

Im very curious to see if Nkemdiche goes with his brother to ole miss or if LSU is able to snag him.

(and yes i know this should probably go on the college board but its been a week since any posts there and still no one goes over there)

http://www.cbssports...ing-day-central

CBS Sports looks to have teamed up with some good HS scouting services to put together a pretty clean site. Odds are we will be talking about atleast 5 of the top 10 guys within the next few years. also will give some ideas of who to watch and where to watch them as its a pretty common college football question around here in the fall.

Im very curious to see if Nkemdiche goes with his brother to ole miss or if LSU is able to snag him.

(and yes i know this should probably go on the college board but its been a week since any posts there and still no one goes over there)

This is worth looking at, if only just for kicks: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=luginbill_tom&id=3233826

Future NFLers include: Sean Spence, Dwayne Allen, DaQuan Bowers, Julio Jones, Janoris Jenkins, and A.J. Green- and that's just from the top five teams. Miami, with the top recruiting class in 2008, has Arthur Brown projecting as a likely second day pick in 2013.

In 4 years, 30-40 of the top 100 guys will be top NFL prospects. That's pretty good.

This is worth looking at, if only just for kicks: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=luginbill_tom&id=3233826

Future NFLers include: Sean Spence, Dwayne Allen, DaQuan Bowers, Julio Jones, Janoris Jenkins, and A.J. Green- and that's just from the top five teams. Miami, with the top recruiting class in 2008, has Arthur Brown projecting as a likely second day pick in 2013.

In 4 years, 30-40 of the top 100 guys will be top NFL prospects. That's pretty good.

I always find it interesting to atleast get some broad strokes feel for what's in the talent pipeline

Nkemdiche went ole miss, fwiw

Honestly, I think it's kinda of pathetic that ESPN does stuff like this. Why do you need to hype up high school kids? We really need high school kids thinking they are superstars at 17? I'm be curious how many of these guys burn out thinking they already made it.

I've always been on the fence - I'm sure I have posts leaning both ways in my past. I don't love turning a 17 year old into a superstar but I also don't mind a kid that has busted his butt without a ton of reward getting some recognition. For his achievements In other sports he could be going pro, in other venues of entertainment he's collecting a pay check for his accomplishments. Is signing day a bit diva-ish? For sure.....

I've always been on the fence - I'm sure I have posts leaning both ways in my past. I don't love turning a 17 year old into a superstar but I also don't mind a kid that has busted his butt without a ton of reward getting some recognition. For his achievements In other sports he could be going pro, in other venues of entertainment he's collecting a pay check for his accomplishments. Is signing day a bit diva-ish? For sure.....

im the same way....let the kids have their moment on ESPN, if they are feeling any bit "diva-ish" that will get knocked out of them as soon as spring practices start and they realize they gotta work their tails off to make it in college and then in the NFL - and if they keep slacking because of their attitude, thats on the coaches

let them have their moments and their press

im the same way....let the kids have their moment on ESPN, if they are feeling any bit "diva-ish" that will get knocked out of them as soon as spring practices start and they realize they gotta work their tails off to make it in college and then in the NFL - and if they keep slacking because of their attitude, thats on the coaches

let them have their moments and their press

Exactly - maybe I'm getting soft because it used to bug me more but most of the time I enjoy seeing the guys get a little public recognition and a moment to bask. I treat it as an awards show or draft type moment.

That said, some of these guys do stupid stuff that makes me want to smack them upside the head (commit auburn get a tatt then decommit and go bama - REALLY?!?).... But such is life.

Exactly - maybe I'm getting soft because it used to bug me more but most of the time I enjoy seeing the guys get a little public recognition and a moment to bask. I treat it as an awards show or draft type moment.

That said, some of these guys do stupid stuff that makes me want to smack them upside the head (commit auburn get a tatt then decommit and go bama - REALLY?!?).... But such is life.

easy fix to the tattoo sitch.....just get "I HATE" tattoo'd above or next to the Auburn tat : )

http://www.cbssports...ing-day-central

sub forums are just thread killers, don't know why they even exist, TSW and off-the-wall are all that is needed.

not a big fan of HS recruiting these kids change so much in 3 or 4 yrs that many times the tops kids aren't and "lesser" talents rise up.

sub forums are just thread killers, don't know why they even exist, TSW and off-the-wall are all that is needed.

not a big fan of HS recruiting these kids change so much in 3 or 4 yrs that many times the tops kids aren't and "lesser" talents rise up.

thats true at each transition these guys go through - this years draft will probably only place about 50 real players and then some role players in the top 100 picks. realistically if you cut the top 100 signing today in half through the college ranks, and then in half again through the pros (injury, attitude, skill, fit etc....) you probably will see a good 20-30 guys that play long term on this list, and more than a handful of role players still beyond that group.

Edited by NoSaint

Best (Worst?) story of todays events: Alex Collins mom has disappeared with his paperwork as she doesnt want him to sign with arkansas, instead wanting to keep him home in miami

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/2/6/3959996/alex-collins-mom-recruit-letter-national-signing-day

the skeptic in me says miami offered mom some perks if she could get him to stay

Edited by NoSaint

Best (Worst?) story of todays events: Alex Collins mom has disappeared with his paperwork as she doesnt want him to sign with arkansas, instead wanting to keep him home in miami

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/2/6/3959996/alex-collins-mom-recruit-letter-national-signing-day

the skeptic in me says miami offered mom some perks if she could get him to stay

That's good tv right there...kinda like OJ in the Bronco. I could see ESPN crews in helicopters lookin for momma and the paperwork.