Trade with Rams could be a win for both teams

Got_Wood

I still think these guys are an ideal trade partner. They need Warmack, Cooper, or Fisher to fix their awful O-line, and there are several teams that would draft these guys including the Jets, Titans, Chargers, Panthers, Bucs, and Dolphins.

Two scenarios actually work for both teams:

1. We trade the 8th for their 16th and 46th picks

2. We trade our 8th and 41st for the Rams 16th and 22nd

I like the 2 scenario even better. Looking at the value chart we lose some value there, but I think it's a win-win deal. We could grab a QB and WR/LB in the first round, and the Rams get the high-end O-lineman they need in the 1st and then have two 2nd rounders for other players.

I could see St. Louis moving up for a WR like Patterson or Allen if Fisher wants them bad enough. Does anyone remember his reaction last year when he traded back and Blackmon was taken before they had the chance? He was pissed. I could see him wanting to move up this year to get a WR he has his eye on.

Edited by H2o

I like it. The Bills still have a lot of holes and getting three Top 50 players would help tremendously. QB, LB, and WR could all be addressed.

I agree, I like it as well.

In the second scenario we would actually only have 2 top 50 picks, being the 16th and 22nd from the Rams. The Rams would then get our 8th and 41st, while keeping their 46th pick as well. The advantage to us is that we get 2 first rounders. And 8 may be too high for the QB's we want. But 8th is the perfect spot for the Rams to steal a top quality O-lineman from several other teams ahead of them. And they would keep 3 picks in the top 46.

I could see is landing something like Patterson & Manuel, or Nassib & Hopkins. Something like that would would be really nice. It all depends on who we land in free agency in early March that will determine where our draft priorities lay.

Edited by Got_Wood

risky move hoping the guy you want at 8 falls to 16...

upside - you get your guy + a free second round pick

downside - you miss out on the player you had locked in at 8

risk vs reward - I don't like it...

stick to the original plan - draft Barkley with our first pick, Nassib with our second...

I like it a lot. There are very few players worth a top 10 pick this year. You need a top 10 pick to be an all-star, not a QB you hope will be good. I see Olgetree being available at 16 due to off field issues, and then drafting a TE (Eifert?!) and QB in the second round (EJ/Wilson/Nassib).

Don't see anyone wanting to get to 8 in this draft

Again, this draft's biggest strength is the O-Line. Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack, and Cooper have O-line hungry teams chomping at the bit to grab one of these guys. Especially when guards like Levitre and Vasquez available on the market will be very expensive. Those guys are worth trading up for. Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers however are not worth the 8th pick. It all comes down to team needs.

Edited by Got_Wood