Sabres suck too...

Dragonborn10

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything it's hilarious to see how fast people are turning on Terry Pegula. Less than two years he's approaching Ralph Wilson in the hatred department with Buffalo fans. Which just proves that Buffalo fans are incapable of being happy with anything.

PTR

Not buying that one PTR..you know me as a long time poster on both boards, never really all that negative. But I am getting frustrated with TPegs not seeing there is a real issue here, and it is a long term issue. 4 playoff berths i think the stat will be sinse Hasek was gone? 2 in row under Pegula, no playoff wins since 07??? And to stand pat on that is why people are fired up..he said Satnley Cup is only reason for being, seems like he is accepting mediocrity and loyalty as main reason..and that is why people like myself are frustrated,

The game has passed Lindy by. His defensive style worked when there was a red line to deal with. We haven't been relevant since.

He's a Buffalo sports icon who truley embraced the region. But this HAD to happen.

Any word on a replacement?

Still waiting for Darcy to address the media... speculation seems to be, in the interim at least, James Patrick. GR guys mentioning the guy who coached Grigorenko (sorry, can't remember his name) because they had noticed Darcy Regier mentioning his name on numerous occaisions..so he is, perhaps, on their radar.

Paul Hamilton is saying he wouldn't be surprised if it was Ron Rolston, the Rochester Amerks coach.

I am not sure that I beleive that the game has passed Ruff by....but I think he has passed by his team. He hasn't really been the defensive zealot that some make him out to be. In fact, his teams have been bigtime gamblers in their own end, in order to, theoretically, generate more offense. I think Lindy's commitment defense really kind of amounts to "have a great goalie" and hope for the best.

Edited by Buftex

Pop the champaigne cork roush! I'll do that

The game has passed Lindy by. His defensive style worked when there was a red line to deal with. We haven't been relevant since.

He's a Buffalo sports icon who truley embraced the region. But this HAD to happen.

Any word on a replacement?

. An icon?

It looks like the first pick of this years draft is going to be a defensive players. Thats great for us because they say in the article that defensive players are harder to scout and that this kid is just rising above everyone else.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21612960/nhl-draft-prospects-big-board-seth-jones-is-no-1

It looks like the first pick of this years draft is going to be a defensive players. Thats great for us because they say in the article that defensive players are harder to scout and that this kid is just rising above everyone else.

http://www.cbssports...h-jones-is-no-1

The way this team is playing, we are in the hunt for a chance at the #1 pick.

• 2 weeks later...

What? You guys can't handle the point streak? ;)

We've gotten lucky, though. To much prevent for my liking. I think that's why we've had 3 straight shootouts. Go aggressive when tied or down and then play prevent and cushiony when up.

Regulation wins would be nice (especially for inter-confernce games), but I will take 7 pts in 4 games over 2pts in 8 games every time.

I think they have been playing a lot better during this "point streak." Hockey is a weird game, kind of flukey. One team rarely dominates from begining to end..it is a game of ebbs and flows, and the team that capitalizes when the flow is coming their way, can win. There is always a certain amount of luck involved. Honeslty, I think the Kaleta hit on Richards the other night kind of cost the Sabres that game...thought they were playing really well up to that point, but in addition to giving the Rangeres a two man advantage, it seemed to wake them up.

While it hasn't been perfect, I think the Sabres have played much better in their own end of the ice. And, guys like Gerbe and Ennis are starting to find their game....hell, even Jochen Hect and Drew Stafford scored a goal this weekend! I am expecting the Sabres to play much better the rest of the season...they aren't likely to win the cup (might just miss out on the playoffs, again) but I don't think they are quite as awful as they looked the first 15 games of the season. At the very least, they have been watchable again.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, as abysmal as the Sabres have been. I can't believe the reffing tonight nor the announcers. Ennis got murdered on a hit and no call, but yeah he turned into that one? Also a missed high stick with blood.

If your job is to announce hockey maybe learn the players and their names. Didn't know we had a player named Heckt.

The thing I did like about tonights' broadcast, being on national tv and all (as much as being on NBC Sports can mean) the dressing down they took from the commentators between periods. Milbury (a douche I realize) could hardly contain his disdain for the Sabres and their embarrassing performance. This team has tried to play more physically tough (thanks primarily to Steve Ott...the only guy who seems to be playing like he gives a **** night in night out), but they are still mental midgets...it happens pretty much the same every game...give up an early goal, crawl into a shell...if they aren't embarrassed, they should be.