How would Fitzpatrick play outside of Buffalo?

ny33

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz throws for 3400/24 TDs just like in Buffalo, but with a better defense he goes to the playoffs.

PTR

NFL teams (and quarterbacks) are made in the 4th quarter. Fitz has flat out sucked in the 4th quarter, and his career record in 4th quarter game-tying or game-winning situations is miserable.

FACT: when opposing defenses KNOW Fitz has to beat them through the air, they repeatedly stop him.

If this is indeed true, then I won't listen to another evaluation courtesy of Mel Kiper. Cordy Glenn was credited with no sacks and one QB hurry prior to his injury. ONE! As the year wore on, he did take a step back, but he played admirably for a rookie. In no way, shape, or form a bottom 7 LT in the league.

Not to mention there is a article on Rumblings that says the Bills O line finished something like 4th this year in the league.

Apparently Glenn couldn't have sucked all that bad ! Maybe that Kiper evaluation came from the same place as the one that said Arron Maybin was a good player in the NFL :w00t:

Not to mention there is a article on Rumblings that says the Bills O line finished something like 4th this year in the league.

Apparently Glenn couldn't have sucked all that bad ! Maybe that Kiper evaluation came from the same place as the one that said Arron Maybin was a good player in the NFL :w00t:

I have no idea how the OL "rankings" work. Do they take into account running plays too? One thing I noticed this year, When we ran out of a pro set or a heavy run formation, we often got stuffed. We have the most success running from the spread formations IMO. I haven't looked at a statistical breakdown, but maybe Cordy got dominated when we ran his way in a non passing formation? I have no idea.....just trying to make sense of his bad ranking.

I have no idea how the OL "rankings" work. Do they take into account running plays too? One thing I noticed this year, When we ran out of a pro set or a heavy run formation, we often got stuffed. We have the most success running from the spread formations IMO. I haven't looked at a statistical breakdown, but maybe Cordy got dominated when we ran his way in a non passing formation? I have no idea.....just trying to make sense of his bad ranking.

His "bad ranking" is from the same guy who said prior to last year's draft, "Cordy Glenn is a Guard at the next level, not a Tackle." It's clear as day Mel Kiper was wrong, as Glenn has shown the athleticism, power, and nasty that a starting caliber NFL LT needs.

The Bills are indeed putrid picking up 3rd and 1s. I think I remember reading somewhere we were 30th in the league! We get stuffed up the middle on obvious/heavy run formations, because unlike San Francisco, we don't have "power" in the interior. Our OL is comprised of athletes more than maulers.

If Fitz was the backup who had to come in and win a game, we all would love him.

Going by his body of work, no chance in hell this happens. He chokes in the 4th quarter.

Fitz throws for 3400/24 TDs just like in Buffalo, but with a better defense he goes to the playoffs.

PTR

Fitz will NEVER lead a team to the playoffs. I've said it every offseason and he continuously proves me right.

Edited by Marauder24

Going by his body of work, no chance in hell this happens. He chokes in the 4th quarter.

Fitz will NEVER lead a team to the playoffs. I've said it every offseason and he continuously proves me right.

Ditto. I have said the same thing. FItz is the pits. He may be a nice guy but he STINKS as a quarterback. Fitz should get a big 'L' tatooed on his forehead. :thumbdown::bag:

PTR

Dang you, I just laughed so hard I crapped my pants. Put Fitz on the 1970's Steelers or the 1980's 49ers and they don't go to the playoffs. He single handedly loses 3-5 games a year.

Dang you, I just laughed so hard I crapped my pants. Put Fitz on the 1970's Steelers or the 1980's 49ers and they don't go to the playoffs. He single handedly loses 3-5 games a year.

Single handedly loses games where we lose by 50. I laughed. But I forgot that everytime he throws an incompletion, which never happens to any other QB in the league, our defense gets a little tired and discouraged and start allowing 300 yards on the ground.

Can't wait for the TBD calling for Nassib's head after he throws a pick after putting up 42 points and 400 yards. Because he singlehandedly lost us the game.

If he loses 3-5 games a year, shouldn't we have been at worst 11-5? Or wait! There must have been some other reason we lost those games!

Edited by FireChan

Single handedly loses games where we lose by 50. I laughed. But I forgot that everytime he throws an incompletion, which never happens to any other QB in the league, our defense gets a little tired and discouraged and start allowing 300 yards on the ground.

Can't wait for the TBD calling for Nassib's head after he throws a pick after putting up 42 points and 400 yards. Because he singlehandedly lost us the game.

If he loses 3-5 games a year, shouldn't we have been at worst 11-5? Or wait! There must have been some other reason we lost those games!

Hey Mrs. Fitzpatrick, looking for a new residence ? you really should be. Tell your husband to get ready to get that locker cleaned out. Thankd God !

Hey Mrs. Fitzpatrick, looking for a new residence ? you really should be. Tell your husband to get ready to get that locker cleaned out. Thankd God !

That's what I thought, nothing to say but blind, idiotic hatred. I personally want the guy to stick around, just because if we somehow make the playoffs, he deserves to be on the squad when we do. Good guy, average QB, getting torn apart by guy's who don't realize it's a team game and how much better he is than our past QB's.

You aren't even funny; stick to knowing nothing about what you're talking about, you're obviously good at that.

PTR

Maybe more if he has more than one guy to throw to.

Edited by FireChan

You might wanna read an entire post, I never said he loses every game, but with a real quarterback they win 8-10 games.

You might wanna read an entire post, I never said he loses every game, but with a real quarterback they win 8-10 games.

You said he loses us 3-5 games singlehandedly. Singlehandedly means on his own, with no other factors. If that happens, then the other 11 to 13 games are not his fault. Or else they'd be singlehandedly. That's the definition. How can you blame him for playing well enough to win 11 to 13 games? I'm curious. Does 11 and 5 not get you in the playoffs this year?

Also, try this little sentence, similar to yours.

"With a real defense, we win 8-10 games."

Hmmm.....

Edited by FireChan

You said he loses us 3-5 games singlehandedly. Singlehandedly means on his own, with no other factors. If that happens, then the other 11 to 13 games are not his fault. Or else they'd be singlehandedly. That's the definition. How can you blame him for playing well enough to win 11 to 13 games? I'm curious. Does 11 and 5 not get you in the playoffs this year?

Also, try this little sentence, similar to yours.

"With a real defense, we win 8-10 games."

Hmmm.....

But he assisted with others :lol: . J/K

Edited by cklapka

he doesnt really make bad decisions, and has tremendous confidence in his wide recievers. his ability to read defenses and make calls at the line is good. he just doesnt have the physical tools to get the ball where he wants it to go. fitz to fitz may work. he seems to get respect from a lot of coaches and defenses around the league.

i dont think we give him enough credit for how bad our wr's and ol are. i think fitz hides some holes in this team...then screws it all up. we need a replacement for him for sure, but next year could be rocky offensively

Agreed. If He could have a better arm and physical tools, he'd be a franchise QB, He just doesn't have it to be a Starter in the NFL.

Edited by mattsox

That's what I thought, nothing to say but blind, idiotic hatred. I personally want the guy to stick around, just because if we somehow make the playoffs, he deserves to be on the squad when we do. Good guy, below average QB, getting torn apart by guy's who don't realize it's a team game and how much better he is than our past QB's.

You aren't even funny; stick to knowing nothing about what you're talking about, you're obviously good at that.

Maybe more if he has more than one guy to throw to, meaning he can miss yet another open receiver across the middle or fail to get the ball deep to him as well.

Fixed.

It aint a question of what offense you put Fitz in. It comes down to two things... supporting cast and a defense. The Bills defense continually and repeatedly put the offense in huge holes, which took the offense out of their game plan and allowed defenses to pin there ears back. Clearly the Bills had only one receiver, a TE that has no ability to stretch the defense, problems at both tackles all season, little depth at the skill positions, and a coach, for whatever reason, that underutilized his most potent offensive weapon (CJ).

PS... The Bills are not going to release Fitz. There is no cap advantage and there is no FA out there that is a significant upgrade over Fitz. Not only that, if they got one, they'd have to overpay him. That's throwing away good money after bad money. Media and bloggers that suggest Fitz is getting cut are only looking at it purely from a $$$ perspective and nothing else... least of which is that if they cut Fitz, they have no QBs on their roster. That's unprecedented. No team has ever entered the offseason with no QBs on their roster. That alone is a clear signal that media and bloggers have their heads up their asses when it comes to Fitz and the Bills.

Great post.

I've said similar, but generally it gets turned into "YOU'RE A BLIND IDIOT WHO LOVES FITZ"

From a management position, there's no reason to cut Fitz until we have CLEARLY better options on the team, or he doesn't make it through pre-season competition.

like a backup.........see his whole career for examples.

Actually, he's started 6 of his 8 years in the league and performed like a below average starter. Apparently many of you are unaware of the overall level of QB play in the league.

How would Fitz perform in Arizona? I'd say slightly better than he performed in Buffalo given that their WR situation is much better than the Bills. I'd also guess that their OC (unlike Gaily) wouldn't put the offense on Fitz's back which would also help his turnovers. The guy simply isn't capable of being "the man" in an offense but he can do okay given some balance.