Gun Control Threads are SO Three Weeks Ago....

B-Large

Rob basically addresses this for me. You can call it a slippery slope but it's really just not trusting the other person, or even thinking the other person is a liar.

To some extent. It's sort of like if a guy tells a girl that's not ready to go all the way that he just wants to rub it against the outside. They both know where he's going with it. I guess you could call it a slippery slope, but I see it as just diagnosing the play before the RB gets in the flat with blockers in front of him.

Check out my mad skills weaving together a sex metaphor with a sports one.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To some extent. It's sort of like if a guy tells a girl that's not ready to go all the way that he just wants to rub it against the outside. They both know where he's going with it. I guess you could call it a slippery slope, but I see it as just diagnosing the play before the RB gets in the flat with blockers in front of him.

Check out my mad skills weaving together a sex metaphor with a sports one.

Given this place is essentially a public toilet, you've publicly declared yourself "The Ben Roethlisberger of PPP".

It's like the whole thing is one big pretext:........... Feinstein Falsely Politicizes Virginia Tech Massacre.

“Given that she cited Virginia Tech, it’s worth asking whether or not Feinstein’s proposed legislation could’ve changed the outcome of the event. . . . So what did Seung-Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech gunman, use to kill 32 of his fellow classmates? He used two sidearms, a .22 caliber Walther P22 and a 9mm Glock 19. You’ll notice that neither of these semi-automatic weapons are on the list above. Cho also used a number of 10 and 15 round magazines. Theoretically, Feinstein’s bill may have limited Cho to smaller magazines (8 or 9 rounds each).

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/162177/

Yes and no. It's not so much a slippery slope as it is I believe the true goal is to take away more than is being copped to right now. The whole "assault weapon" ban is bogus anyway. "Assault weapons" are already illegal. The guns they're trying to take now are not functionally different from hunting rifles, they just look scary.

your point is supported by quotes from various anti gunners, the same ones that say our guns are safe, saying that they want to confiscate virtually all guns.

Just interested to see if any gun rights advoactes from the conservative side of the spectrum have set forth any proposals of changes in legislation to improve the Mental Health System? We've heard alot about how Gun Control legislation is not the core issue, but rather its the failure of the Mental Health System....

Lots have. It's called "Repeal and replace the ACA." Which, you know, guts mental health care.

During her "antigun" show, Senator Diane Feinstein actually said this on the senate floor in the Capitol building.

" This legislation is my life's goal. As long as I am a member of the Senate, I will work night and day to pass this bill into law. No matter how long it takes, I will fight until assault weapons are taken off our streets.

Put simply, we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all. That is not the America that our founding fathers envisioned. And that is not the America I want my children and grandchildren to live in. "

I would suggest that ANY elected official who talks about taking away rights, for whatever reason, should be automatically disqualified from holding office.

we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all............. its almost unbelievable.

we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all.............

That's Joe Biden-stupid, right there, but this is what America wants. This is what it voted for. The takers rule, and in their world, there is no need for rights as long as there's free stuff.

That's Joe Biden-stupid, right there, but this is what America wants. This is what it voted for. The takers rule, and in their world, there is no need for rights as long as there's free stuff.

Well, since all that free **** is so nice. Why don't you become a taker too? Quit your job, go on Welfare and food stamps and you can have it just as great as they do!

Well, since all that free **** is so nice. Why don't you become a taker too? Quit your job, go on Welfare and food stamps and you can have it just as great as they do!

Now, that's just ignorant, even for your standards. I suppose if we all became "takers" there wouldn't be any more discussion or arguments, would there? We could all live off of..................help me out here, where is this **** (schit)going to come from?

Freedom doesn't have safety provisions.

If you aren't safe from a horde of pillagers coming over the hill you aren't free to farm! Never mind that anarchy leads to dictatorship. But since we're talking philosophical government with Takser first let me say DEFINE FREEDOM!!! DEFINE RIGHTS!!! DEFINE WORDS!!!

...and before you freak Tasker...yes....I'm being...well...you get me b/c we're friends :blush:

Edited by SameOldBills

Lots have. It's called "Repeal and replace the ACA." Which, you know, guts mental health care.

I'd be interested too see where it does that. In 2014, one the popular provisions was insurers required to cover addiction and mental health services, in the past many had not. The only thing I can think of is its up to each State to set requirements of what will and will not be covered as mental illness.... I assume the same states who hate healthcare reform will be the same states with poor mental health programs....

During her "antigun" show, Senator Diane Feinstein actually said this on the senate floor in the Capitol building.

" This legislation is my life's goal. As long as I am a member of the Senate, I will work night and day to pass this bill into law. No matter how long it takes, I will fight until assault weapons are taken off our streets.

Put simply, we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all. That is not the America that our founding fathers envisioned. And that is not the America I want my children and grandchildren to live in.

I would suggest that ANY elected official who talks about taking away rights, for whatever reason, should be automatically disqualified from holding office.

we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all............. its almost unbelievable.

B, a lot of Americans agree with the VP:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/01/14/National-Politics/Polling/release_192.xml

I will post Monday a study that was done in 2006 about the effectiveness of the Assault Weapons ban of 94... It's interesting, there is little to no evidence that the ban would stop mass shootings, since the occurrence was very rare until recently. Also, the most effective reduction in violent gun crime came in the category of semi automatic assault pistols, like the Tec-9 with what they define as LCM, large capacity magazines- but that was typically usage in criminal behavior- I have the study on my desktop at work, it was a good read

Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democrat Votes to Pass Senate

"Six of the 55 senators who caucus with Democrats have expressed opposition to a ban."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/assault-weapons-ban-lacks-democratic-votes-to-pass-senate.html

Hey Harry, how about an up or down vote on Monday..................the people want action.

B, a lot of Americans agree with the VP:

http://www.washingto...release_192.xml

I know that some aspects of legislation have support B. What did you think of Feinstein's quote?

Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democrat Votes to Pass Senate

"Six of the 55 senators who caucus with Democrats have expressed opposition to a ban."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/assault-weapons-ban-lacks-democratic-votes-to-pass-senate.html

Hey Harry, how about an up or down vote on Monday..................the people want action.

I know that some aspects of legislation have support B. What did you think of Feinstein's quote?

The American Courage quote?

And once again a liberal sees one comment and takes it to a full extreme of nonsensical idiocy. You can rest assured I was dealt every hand I needed to justify being a taker. For some people, it's simply not an option. For others, it's a way of life, handed down from one generation to the next. Even those who are of below average intelligence should see this administration wants more takers because the takers will forever keep taking, and the power in Washington will be forever be happy to keep handing out the goodies to maintain control of the money and power.

This, undoubtedly, is gibberish to you, because you are of the belief the people work for the government, not the other way around, but we look forward nonetheless to your next effort to display your lack of reading comprehension. Maybe jump in with "you want children to starve" or "you want old people to die" or "you hate black people" because they've been working really well lately to keep resistance to a minimum.

Harry will get his D votes as soon as he adds some well-placed pork for the dissenters. What they didn't get in the Sandy bill he'll surely get them in the gun bill paying his caucus off is all Harry knows.