NFL threatens man who trademarked "Harbowl" last year

Fezmid

I saw him interviewed.The guy really sounds like a simpleton--and a real sweet guy.Which pisses me off even worse. The guy coulda made a ton of money.And NFL bullied this poor little guy into giving away his rights.

-I think the guy should get an attorney and go back after them. A real injustice has been done to this poor guy.

This is what happens when a bully bullies you and you don't stand up for yourself. While I understand the hawkishness of the NFL (it's a business) their behavior still bothers me.

On the other hand, I have very little sympathy for this guy. Maybe if I met him or saw an interview I'd feel differently. That said, this is not much different than what happens in nature.

This sort of thing is why I think the line in the Pledge of Allegiance - "justice for all" - is a joke.

Did Mary Jo Kopechne get justice? If Teddy wasn't a Kennedy, he'd have spent a few years behind bars.

There is no equality for defendants in legal decisions. The guy with the biggest stick ($$$) wins.

This sort of thing is why I think the line in the Pledge of Allegiance - "justice for all" - is a joke.

Did Mary Jo Kopechne get justice? If Teddy wasn't a Kennedy, he'd have spent a few years behind bars.

There is no equality for defendants in legal decisions. The guy with the biggest stick ($$$) wins.

Well don't make it like it's an American thing.

It's much more simple than that.

Basically "life is not fair." If you have expectations that it is, you're gonna be disappointed.

I always tell youngsters, life is not fair. Deal with it.

It's not like the United States has a monopoly on injustice.

At least we are purportedly trying.

Well don't make it like it's an American thing.

It's much more simple than that.

Basically "life is not fair." If you have expectations that it is, you're gonna be disappointed.

I always tell youngsters, life is not fair. Deal with it.

It's not like the United States has a monopoly on injustice.

At least we are purportedly trying.

I agree with ur premise that life isn't fair and to some extent, u have to deal with it to keep ur sanity, but that doesn't mean we should be complacent and not outraged by acts of injustice or "bullying". This guy should have contacted some big nonprofit small business rights group. We, as fans and "normal" people, should spread this guys story, so that if nothing else it acts as a public skidmark on the nfl's face. They hate bad press, and if it makes 10 people not by a superbowl jersey, they will have lost alot more money than they have gained by screwing this guy over. God forbid they actually statt using Harbowl for marketing or promotional stuff, thr people buying it should know how they are screwing this guy over. Trademark doesn't mean jack in the realm of public opinion if everyone knows u cheated/bullied someone out of their intellectual property.

I agree with ur premise that life isn't fair and to some extent, u have to deal with it to keep ur sanity, but that doesn't mean we should be complacent and not outraged by acts of injustice or "bullying". This guy should have contacted some big nonprofit small business rights group. We, as fans and "normal" people, should spread this guys story, so that if nothing else it acts as a public skidmark on the nfl's face. They hate bad press, and if it makes 10 people not by a superbowl jersey, they will have lost alot more money than they have gained by screwing this guy over. God forbid they actually statt using Harbowl for marketing or promotional stuff, thr people buying it should know how they are screwing this guy over. Trademark doesn't mean jack in the realm of public opinion if everyone knows u cheated/bullied someone out of their intellectual property.

You have never lived in a Super Bowl city if you think this even ranks in the top 100 nfl Super Bowl injustices....

I agree totally with your post.

I get angry over perceived injustices every day. Even at my age, I'm very much into justice and fairness due to my generally idealistic nature.

That said, as I try to avoid the heart attack/stroke that my Type A personality is inexorably directing me towards, I try to not let these stories get me angry. My detachment is a coping mechanism but also a pragmatic tool that is helpful for myself and others.

Be intellectually angry, but don't let it pin the needle on the blood pressure monitor.

This is a big corporation going against an ambulance chaser.

You have to have written approvals when selling items that involves anyone's logo if not, consult your lawyers.

The guy who was trying to sell the merchandise is a "little guy entrepreneur."

In what way is he an "ambulance chaser?" That doesn't even make sense.

Also, according to the story, the logo he came up with had nothing that said NFL on them nor did it have the NFL logo.

The guy who was trying to sell the merchandise is a "little guy entrepreneur."

In what way is he an "ambulance chaser?" That doesn't even make sense.

Also, according to the story, the logo he came up with had nothing that said NFL on them nor did it have the NFL logo.

As I said before....

they tried to trademark the BIG GAME slogan but they backed off.Cal-Berkely and Stanford fought them on this as well as other companies. they backed off.

There's a reason why the Superbowl is referred to as "The Big Game" on radio, TV and the internet, unless it's a station or website that is specifically news formatted. The NFL will not allow the words "Super Bowl" to be used in any type of promotion.

I work for a group of radio stations (not Buffalo), and a few years ago we tried to have a "Road to the Superbowl" contest on one of our rock stations. The prize was something like a party for 30 people at a local bar. This station is a small FM that is an "also ran" in the ratings. Two days after we started the contest, we received a "Cease and Desist" letter from the NFL legal office. Whether we liked if or not, they own the trademark, and we stopped the contest. Obviously they're serious about it, and spend a lot of money enforcing it. The only way to change this is to change the trademark and patent laws. Good luck.........