Benard Pollard

djp14150

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, can we get this guy somehow?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8882306/super-bowl-2013-bernard-pollard-baltimore-ravens-fined-15k-hit-wes-welker

Pollard has a history with the Patriots, having seriously injured Tom Brady, Welker and Rob Gronkowski in previous seasons. In Sunday's game, a 28-13 Ravens victory, Pollard forced a crucial fumble by knocking running back Stevan Ridley out of the game.

2008 Pollard was the guy that blew out Brady's knee that ended their chance to follow up their perfect regular season

2009 he was the guy that tore Welkers ACL that killed their chances in the playoffs

2011 he hurt Gronks ankle which was a key factor for the Giants upset in that Super Bowl

2012 he injures Ridley and causes a fumble that ended their chances for a fumble

Pollard has a knack for injuring Pats* and is a pretty good player. If the Ravens are in a lot of cap hell and are willing to trade him I wouldn't be opposed to it. But I don't think Pollard's contract is unreasonable so I doubt the Ravens are looking to trade him.

Good point. Of course he did that as #31 for the 49'ers.

Did he ever do that as #20 for the Bills?

Thanks; that was the point I was (poorly) attempting to get across.

I don't really hate on Whitner like some do, just of the opinion that his "kill shot" mentality didn't really translate very well into very many game-changing plays.

Chad johnson

Yep, forgot about that one.

Bradham is the exception that proves the rule. His physical play is especially noticable on the Bills' roster.

Da'Norris Searcy looks to be a pretty physical player too speaking of physical safeties.

Pollard is a big time hitter and like many safeties has one thing he does well which is hit. He's more similar to the Niners "other" safety Dashon Goldson than he is Whitner.

Interesting to me is that the both of the Niners safeties are better run players than pass players AND their cornerbacks are only average.

If the Niners can't get a good pass rush on Flacco, it could be big troubles with Torrey Smith, Boldin, and Pita freeing up downfield. And the Ravens O-line has been pass protecting pretty well lately.