Jarvis Jones - LB - Georgia

H2o

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the medically non-astute among us: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_disc_herniation

I'm not a Dr (and don't play one on TV) but the spinal stenosis in his neck is something many of my clients have suffered from. Stenosis, as I understand it, can either be post-traumatic or arthritic. Either way, I think Jarvis will ultimately require some form of laminectomy to open the spinal canal (I.e. release the pressure on the spinal cord and nerves which branch out). Even though it's asymptomatic currently, it is highly likely continued trauma to the neck will result in further narrowing. I would invite any doctors to explain this better because I really don't have a medical background. Someone can explain it better. Either way, I just don't feel good about selecting him.

I'm not a Dr (and don't play one on TV) but the spinal stenosis in his neck is something many of my clients have suffered from. Stenosis, as I understand it, can either be post-traumatic or arthritic. Either way, I think Jarvis will ultimately require some form of laminectomy to open the spinal canal (I.e. release the pressure on the spinal cord and nerves which branch out). Even though it's asymptomatic currently, it is highly likely continued trauma to the neck will result in further narrowing. I would invite any doctors to explain this better because I really don't have a medical background. Someone can explain it better. Either way, I just don't feel good about selecting him.

Well all that may very well be true...But the 4.95 40 is all I need to know... B-)

LOL. People on here ripping on his 40 time makes me laugh. Guy is an ANIMAL on the field.

TJ Graham had a great 40. He's a little kitty cat on the football field though. Can't even run the correct route when it matters

Yeah he didn`t look that fast to me. Watched every game and he had tight coverage on him. Even on deep throws.

watch film on him. He was explosive. Why do you think most every mock had him a top 10 pick. The 40 time will hurt him. I still think he will go in the 2nd.

He was, at times.

Now we have undersized, VERY slow 40, work ethic concerns, and health concerns.

You just shot him from top 10 down to second round as if that's a minor distinction... I'm not arguing he can't succeed but I am arguing that despite great flashes in college he has the de k stacked against him right now.

I'd be curious - what were his shuttles and cones? For a 34 olb those tend to be pretty good indicators (as far as any test in shorts can be, keep in mind)

I have only watched a bit of Jarvis Jones but came away thinking he has great instincts, he diagnosis and reacts to plays in the backfield faster than any other player I saw this year. Based on film he really did look like a top 5 pick to me. That being said the injury coupled with measurables both size and speed makes me think the Bills like most teams picking in top half of the draft will pass. The pick is high risk, high reward IMO.