Armstrong interview live now...link inside

dayman

I'm really enjoying this whole thing. I always thought Lance Armstrong was a first class ass hole. And not in the Tom Brady way where you figure he might well be a decent guy but he's fun to hate b/c he's on the f'n Pats and runs up the scoreboard, but in the way that if he lived next door you'd probably hate him.

I'm really enjoying this whole thing. I always thought Lance Armstrong was a first class ass hole. And not in the Tom Brady way where you figure he might well be a decent guy but he's fun to hate b/c he's on the f'n Pats and runs up the scoreboard, but in the way that if he lived next door you'd probably hate him.

Not even like that. The guy is just a plain ass hole. His wife stayed with him all through the time he had cancer and then he dumped her for Cheryl Crow. What a douche.

Thank God we finally got Lance and now cycling can go back to being the honest, drug-free sport it always was!

And what vindication for folks like Tyler Hamilton and Frankie Andreau - who were completely clean until Armstrong forced them at gunpoint to dope up. It's a shame because they would have been just as successful if Lance hadn't forced them to cheat.

And each of themn deserves a medal for being so brave to stand up and accuse Armstrong - after being caught themselves.

The American wet dream would be if Lance Armstrong copped to killing Manti Teo's girlfriend after he doped up... on Oprah's show.

Actually it would be if he admitted to being in a daze while on cancer drugs and pretending to be a young Hawaiian boys grandma only to have to fake the death months ago after things finally got "too weird"

Not even like that. The guy is just a plain ass hole. His wife stayed with him all through the time he had cancer and then he dumped her for Cheryl Crow. What a douche.

I love that kind of blanket judgement, as if you have any idea what was actually going on in his house.

I'll never understand the Armstrong and Anthony Weiners of the world who, as adults, repeatedly deny, deny, deny, even when the entire world realizes they're lying, and then they lie and lie and lie some more and then, one day, they admit that not only did they commit the stupid act they were accused of, but yes, they lied out their ass to everyone in the world.

It says more about the kind of person they are than anything they ultimately do to atone for their embarrassingly poor judgement.

But inevitably, Armstrong will be in another bike race and Weiner will be Mayor of NY and we will search for the next person to build up to tear down.

But inevitably, Armstrong will be in another bike race and Weiner will be Mayor of NY and we will search for the next person to build up to tear down.

I am not an expert on this issue but I'm quite certain he'll never race again. He's also going to be in court for the next 40 years against all those he fought against originally.

I am not an expert on this issue but I'm quite certain he'll never race again. He's also going to be in court for the next 40 years against all those he fought against originally.

I remember thinking Michael Vick would never play professional football again. (Some would argue that what Michael VIck did this year did not, really, resemble professional football, but that's a different topic.)

I remember thinking Michael Vick would never play professional football again. (Some would argue that what Michael VIck did this year did not, really, resemble professional football, but that's a different topic.)

Not the same...Lace definitely won't race again he has a lifetime ban. Vick was in his prime and didn't have a lifetime ban.

I don't fault him for "cheating", the whole cycling world was doping, and if you want to fall in the world of irrelevance, then you can stay clean and not be competitive. If you are fiercely competitive and you want to be relevant, then you even the playing field. From my perspective, where he loses major points is how he treated people in order to protect his legacy. In a nutshell, that's my views on this matter

I spent the day with Lance when he was here for a Livestrong Event at our Cancer Center, I was his host from the hospital for the day. Dude must have sent 68,000 text messages while he was here, I'll bet he was sexting with Cheryl.. also, the cat was 100% lean, not an ounce of fat on him. I towered over him, it was kind of weird, he is pretty short. He was nice enough, pretty decent to people, took pics with everyone, but he body guard was a riot.... the biggest black man I have every seen in my life who lokks like he was gonna rip a head off someone's shoudler when they told him he could not be armed in the hospital... lol

That being said, I am not really sure I care if he doped. They all do it for the edge, he just happened to dope and at the same time naturally more dominant than the rest of the field. I have to think if everybody was drug free he would have won anyway.... but I guess we will never know

Liar or not, cheater or not, !@#$ or not, millions of cancer victims the world over found a ton of hope through his own struggle and triumph over the disease. Unfortunately, the biggest victim will be the LiveStrong Foundation when that untold number of people choose not to donate simply because of the association with Armstrong. Unfortunate indeed.

I don't fault him for "cheating", the whole cycling world was doping, and if you want to fall in the world of irrelevance, then you can stay clean and not be competitive. If you are fiercely competitive and you want to be relevant, then you even the playing field. From my perspective, where he loses major points is how he treated people in order to protect his legacy. In a nutshell, that's my views on this matter

Ever extrapolate that philosophy about cheating to every other profession? How about students who need to cheat just to keep up with others they know to be cheaters?

Edited by K-9

Ever extrapolate that philosophy about cheating to every other profession? How about students who need to cheat just to keep up with others they know to be cheaters?

For me it's simple, if others are doing it to get an edge and you are directly competing against them, then I don't have a problem with it, but if you get caught, that's the risk you took and you deserve the consequences.