If we lose Jonas...

Ramius

just an idea, since teague doesnt like playing center, and he was a tackle with denver...then we wouldnt hafta throw big bucks at a tackle this offseason, just look for a proven center...any thoughts?

195394[/snapback]

i think teague is just starting to figure out center and doesn't need to be yanked around once again.....i think they're are better options then this (i.e. free agency or big mike moving to LT).....

just an idea, since teague doesnt like playing center, and he was a tackle with denver...then we wouldnt hafta throw big bucks at a tackle this offseason, just look for a proven center...any thoughts?

195394[/snapback]

Not a bad thought...especially if I can acquire thru the draft or free agency a power guard which would help Willis more.

If we are going to win with either qb...we need a running game like the Ravens had with Jamaal lewis or Pitt has now with its power line. Teague/Price might hold their own at LT on a team that can really run the ball and avoid numerous obvious passing situations. Also we have a top line coach to help protection schemes...

i think teague is just starting to figure out center and doesn't need to be yanked around once again.....i think they're are better options then this (i.e. free agency or big mike moving to LT).....

195402[/snapback]

Aren't you doing the same thing...Moving MW from a position which he has just

learnt to be comfortable with....

If we don't want to change the current line, we need to either re-sign JJ or

get a FA tackle.

195394[/snapback]

If it sits well with Coach McNally it suits me just fine, and would save a ton of cap space.

195394[/snapback]

Teague would make John Fina look like a stud over there. Keep his brains in the middle.

Aren't you doing the same thing...Moving MW from a position which he has just

learnt to be comfortable with....

If we don't want to change the current line, we need to either re-sign JJ or

get a FA tackle.

195516[/snapback]

i think LT and RT are much more similar then LT and C.........your talking apples and oranges here.........

Assuming JJ is gone, Jason Peters is being strongly considered for LT next year.  Coaches LOVE his athleticism.

195547[/snapback]

STRONGLY considered? I haven't heard that. He is a long way (thousands of reps) from being a starting OL.

If you're going to say that, you may as well throw Bannan into the mix also.

Bannan actually is in the mix for LG but I don't have as much information on him. Last I heard (a few months ago), there was talk about him spending the entire offseason working on the transition. Will share more when I get an update. This information is VERY accurate although I am sure most of you don't believe it anyway.

Peters is not as far away as you think. His biggest hurdle is mental but coaches think he is one of the best athletes playing tackle they have ever seen.