Now that they wrote the Ny gun bill I have another Id like to see

In 2008 there were 489 deaths related to drunk driving. This needs to stop because innocent people are dying in this state. So I have decided to propose a bill to NY because it is obvious that just like guns, alcohol is the object that needs to stop here.

1) 12 oz beer is too large. these need to reduced to no larger than 6 oz. After all the casual drinker never needs more than that.

2) If anyone is caught with a 12 oz beer in there fridge in there own home they will be charged for that crime. If they currently have a 12 oz beer they must pour out 6ozs of each one immediately.

3) If anyone makes a purchase of more than one 6pk of beer at a time they will be subject to an investigation to be sure that they are not trying to kill someone in a vehicle by drinking all of this at once.

4) All cans with mountains on them that get cold will be illegal to own unless you already have one.

5) You cannot have in your possession a wine or alcohol glass larger than the nessassary 6oz and if there is any criminal intent to pour your wine in a larger glass this will be looked apon as a misdermeaner.

6) if at any time you are intoxicated by said beer you will be subject to a mental evaluation to see if you are fit to have any beer in your possession. If you are found to be unstable all adult beverages or product used to make adult beverages shall be taken from your possession immediately.

I would like this to be an oppertunity to let those that laugh at us that are gun owners to understand how the new NYS law makes us feel. More people are killed by drunk drivers in nys than guns. When those of us that are responsible with our guns are infringed upon that it wrong. Although most of you reading this post dont get behind the wheel drunk if this law was enacted to curb drunk driving you would find it appauling. While most of us that have guns dont go into schools and Malls and gouvernment buildings with an intent to kill the right to bear arms is slowly...or quickly taken away from us. God help us now!

Stop being such a Queen

why??? he has a point... do we outlaw cars as well since the drunk drivers are the ones pulling the steering wheel??? Heck, smart phones!!! I know there are laws in most places, but smart phones seem to make people drive stupid so they gotta go!!!!!

People have even died from chewing bubble gum and drinking too much water....

If it saves one life??? BAN IT ALL!!!

why??? he has a point... do we outlaw cars as well since the drunk drivers are the ones pulling the steering wheel??? Heck, smart phones!!! I know there are laws in most places, but smart phones seem to make people drive stupid so they gotta go!!!!!

People have even died from chewing bubble gum and drinking too much water....

If it saves one life??? BAN IT ALL!!!

It's not really a parallel comparison. Guns are designed to kill, with lethality in mind. Cars are designed for transportation. While weirdos could mow down a group of kids while drinking a cold one in and SUV while texting, they typically put their efforts into getting and easy way to kill a lot of people, that's a gun.

That being said, I don't think the NYS law will change anything. Maybe there are less dead because of limits on clips, but it won't eliminate the action do crazy people.... Also, like I have said before, we are also unwilling to fund a world class mental health system... As I have maintained, maybe the best strategy is to pray you are not in the next theatre and your kids don't go to the next Sandy Hook.

It's not really a parallel comparison. Guns are designed to kill, with lethality in mind. Cars are designed for transportation. While weirdos could mow down a group of kids while drinking a cold one in and SUV while texting, they typically put their efforts into getting and easy way to kill a lot of people, that's a gun.

That being said, I don't think the NYS law will change anything. Maybe there are less dead because of limits on clips, but it won't eliminate the action do crazy people.... Also, like I have said before, we are also unwilling to fund a world class mental health system... As I have maintained, maybe the best strategy is to pray you are not in the next theatre and your kids don't go to the next Sandy Hook.

We can play these games ad nauseum. If we have 2-300 million guns in this country and only 80,000 or so are getting killed every year then I guess they aren't doing their job very well. At least when you compare all the people dying from cars as with guns, you're getting alot more bang for you buck with the cars.

We can play these games ad nauseum. If we have 2-300 million guns in this country and only 80,000 or so are getting killed every year then I guess they aren't doing their job very well. At least when you compare all the people dying from cars as with guns, you're getting alot more bang for you buck with the cars.

2010 30470 deaths by firearms but 19392 were suicide.

While alcohol can be contributed to over 75,000 deaths per year. Highway related deaths total are on average 93 per day with about 33000 last year. Get this, cars are not ment to kill.Great points but check your numbers please.

Hey, I am all for it... Good plan. Did one of those DUI incidents wipe out 28 people while ripping the face of a 6 year old from behind a locked school door? We gotta stop that you know, 28 deaths with one serving of beer. 6 year olds with a wiped out jaw and closed casket. Weak locks on school doors...

This is because we failed in our schools to protect the kids. we have how many soldiers accross the pond rebuilding someone else's country when they could be at the front doors of schools all accross the country instead. Also keep these out of the hands of the mentally disturbed and not the law abiding people.

Edited by fansince88

2010 30470 deaths by firearms but 19392 were suicide.

While alcohol can be contributed to over 75,000 deaths per year. Highway related deaths total are on average 93 per day with about 33000 last year. Get this, cars are not ment to kill.Great points but check your numbers please.

This is because we failed in our schools to protect the kids. we have how many soldiers accross the pond rebuilding someone else's country when they could be at the front doors of schools all accross the country instead. Also keep these out of the hands of the mentally disturbed and not the law abiding people.

Fan, I fall in line with you pretty much over this whole issue. You need to lighten up though. There was a good deal of sarcasm in my post. Your last paragraph has me doing the Aflac Duck strut though.

post-9928-0-22657500-1358394667_thumb.jpg

Yeah... See...

I'm not actually sure what is a worse idea, anti-gun legilsation or militarizing our !@#$ing public school system...

I feel like I'm reading directly from Mao's playbook. Seriously.

Being reasonable is out the door when you have so many vaginas flapping in the wind for whatever the latest that they've been told they should support.

Yeah... See...

I'm not actually sure what is a worse idea, anti-gun legilsation or militarizing our !@#$ing public school system...

Good point Take, didnt think of it that way. Mao's China does not allow there people to carry guns. That is a great place to start! Oh neither did west Germany, or the former USSR. I remember those good old days.

Funny you should mention drunk driving as a comparison to gun laws, check out this article from 1987 showing that drunk driving laws and restrictions actually decreased drunk driving deaths considerably.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/23/us/drunken-driving-showing-decline.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Maybe it could do the same for guns? Who knows?

4) All cans with mountains on them that get cold will be illegal to own unless you already have one.

I think anyone who has these in their possession should fall under the mental health part of the law and be banned from beer entirely.

Funny you should mention drunk driving as a comparison to gun laws, check out this article from 1987 showing that drunk driving laws and restrictions actually decreased drunk driving deaths considerably.

http://www.nytimes.c...nted=all&src=pm

No, that's an article that chery picks data, and makes no mention of the massive role educational campaigns play in hedgmonic behavioral changes.

http://www.nytimes.c...nted=all&src=pm

There are already 20000 gun laws on the books. Maybe we should try actually enforcing those first.

Yeah... See...

Agreed. We can't win, no matter what we do. People feel like doing nothing until we come up with a solution is apathy.