Jim Kelly

billfan63

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Jimbo liked women and beer when he was younger.

195546[/snapback]

I don't think it was limited to that. One of my younger brothers was a bouncer at Kelly's bar. They were a big time group of partyers. Wouldn't help Jimbo if he ran for anything.

I don't think it was limited to that. One of my younger brothers was a bouncer at Kelly's bar. They were a big time group of partyers. Wouldn't help Jimbo if he ran for anything.

195585[/snapback]

There was a lot more snow in Buffalo back then...

195585[/snapback]

Yeah, because I'm sure most of us would have behaved WAY differently if we had the world by the tail in our 20s. Sure!

listen, if anyone has plans on talking sh-- about Jimbo, this is the wrong forum. I know, I know, you can say whatever you want, but some things around here are sacred. Talking sh-- about Jim Kelly is as close to blasphemy as you can get on TBD. Like Darin said, the guy was in his 20's had more money than God, was in a small city where everyone loved him, and liked to party. If there's something wrong with that, well, then, I don't wanna be right.

listen, if anyone has plans on talking sh-- about Jimbo, this is the wrong forum. I know, I know, you can say whatever you want, but some things around here are sacred. Talking sh-- about Jim Kelly is as close to blasphemy as you can get on TBD.  Like Darin said, the guy was in his 20's had more money than God, was in a small city where everyone loved him, and liked to party. If there's something wrong with that, well, then, I don't wanna be right.

195635[/snapback]

My apologies. I heard a lot of fun stories about the group of Bills that hung out there. I was not Jimbo-bashing, just trying to add to the conversation.

Repeat... "I will never blasphamise Jimbo again".

My apologies. I heard a lot of fun stories about the group of Bills that hung out there. I was not Jimbo-bashing, just trying to add to the conversation.

195645[/snapback]

No, it's OK. I've heard the same things from family members who were around at the time. However, I doubt that'd keep Jim from holding office in Buffalo - especially if Marion Barry has taught us anything. :D

No, it's OK.  I've heard the same things from family members who were around at the time.  However, I doubt that'd keep Jim from holding office in Buffalo - especially if Marion Barry has taught us anything.  :D

195652[/snapback]

Thanks... based on my behavior during my twenties... I am not one to judge.

listen, if anyone has plans on talking sh-- about Jimbo, this is the wrong forum. I know, I know, you can say whatever you want, but some things around here are sacred. Talking sh-- about Jim Kelly is as close to blasphemy as you can get on TBD.  Like Darin said, the guy was in his 20's had more money than God, was in a small city where everyone loved him, and liked to party. If there's something wrong with that, well, then, I don't wanna be right.

195635[/snapback]

You are correct, this is not the place to talk trash about Jimbo. Apparently, this is the place where you crusaders come to talk trash about Drew.

You are correct, this is not the place to talk trash about Jimbo.  Apparently, this is the place where you crusaders come to talk trash about Drew.

195684[/snapback]

EXACTLY!

At least someone gets it...

:D

Oh, and you came dangerously close to drawing a comparison between Drew Bledsoe and Jim Kelly. Please refrain.

195645[/snapback]

:D

I was half kidding, and wasn't talking about your post... I'm just saying most anything negative spoken about Jim Kelly will fall on deaf ears.

JK thinks they go into the season with Drew and need to get a solid offense around him.  He doesnt think JP is ready but should be starter in preseason to learn the offense

195682[/snapback]

Interesting. I wonder what all the Drew bashers are going to say about our greatest qb ever backing Drew over JP.... :D