'Bama Juniors Entering Draft

Bronc24

I know. And I did say "extenuating circumstances."

The fact remains is that the Bills said they wanted to "stop the bleeding" as far as losing players and they did attempt to re-sign both Whitner and Poz.

True. But no team will ever be able to keep everybody even if they want to and Nix has said that in the past as well. That said, I hope Levitre isn't the one they let walk. Byrd will be back, I think, one way (contract) or another (tag).

Milliner?

We were 32nd in the league in run defense...again.

And you people want to take a cornerback...again.

I want Ogletree.

Pass defense wasn't that great either. Just saying Milliner has to be on the table depending on what players are available at 8.

Edited by purple haze

If we take Milliner, another 1st round CB, then we'd have two 1st round CBs taken right after each other. Assuming they both pan out, what are the odds we can afford to keep both of them after their rookie contracts are up?

Milliner?

We were 32nd in the league in run defense...again.

And you people want to take a cornerback...again.

I want Ogletree.

I'm not saying I know anything more than any one else...But based on what I do know about the guy, I think Pettine will be pushing hard for Milliner...Not saying he'll get his way...But he'll still be asking for it...A lot...

I think it should also be pointed out that Milliner is the top CB prospect in this Draft, and it's VERY likely he will be gone in the first 7 Picks... B-)

I hate him more than any coach on earth. Even Pete Carroll.

Well said, but I liked Pete Carroll at NE. Buffalo could always count on him to help them lose a game to the Bills.

However, his arrogance at USC and Seattle is unsettling...to put it mildly.

Lacy has looked really really good lately. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 3rd or 4th to add some thunder to spiller's lightning. Unfortunately, I just don't think Freddie will ever regain the form of 2011.

I wouldn't be shocked (or upset) if we took Milliner #8 (if he's there still) either. Gilmore and Milliner would be a nice set of CBs to run that aggressive D.

Yea - his 1500+ yards from scrimmage, at a 6.5 per carry rushing average and nearly 20 tds rushing/receiving.... All in the SEC... Point towards a much earlier pick. Especially in a very weak class of backs near the top.

He should be early second at the latest but likely second half of round one

Lacey will be a first round pick.

My guess is he goes to the Colts or Steelers

CBF

Kinda doubt Lacey would come out if the Draft advisory board told him he was only going to be a 3rd or 4th Round Pick...

I agree on Milliner though...If The Bills don't go QB at #8 he's definitely going to be a possibility...I think our new DC will push hard for him... B-)

While I agree that Lacy certainly has first round talent, the recent trend is RBs fall below the first round. Mocks I've seen have him going in the 3rd and 4th mostly. That could definitely change with the Championship game performance where he looked way quicker than he's looked all season in battling a foot (maybe it was ankle) injury.

With that being said, we have more dire needs in the 1st and 2nd, that's why it is my opinion that I would only be happy to get him in the 3rd or 4th. UNCs Bernard, Wisc Ball, Mich State Bell, Clemson Ellington, Standford Taylor, and South Carolina Lattimore (who was better than all before his nasty injury) are all seen as 2-4 round projections at this point along with Lacy.

They say even the worst NFL team would romp over the best college unit, but for some time now I've had the sinking feeling that Saban's Crimson Tide would roll over any Chan Gailey-coached Bills team.

(Largely because Gailey would mismanage the clock, overall offensive strategy, and play-calling, while 'bama's D would have a field day picking off Fitz all game long)

'Bama is simply awesome - I wish we could draft their entire D...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Edited by The Senator

While I agree that Lacy certainly has first round talent, the recent trend is RBs fall below the first round. Mocks I've seen have him going in the 3rd and 4th mostly. That could definitely change with the Championship game performance where he looked way quicker than he's looked all season in battling a foot (maybe it was ankle) injury.

I think the most reliable way of handicapping his value is to look at the range created by Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.

I would like to have another good corner but I wouldn't draft one in the first round. I just don't think it would be wise to have such a young inexperienced secondary. Gilmore(2 years) Brooks(2 years) Rogers(3 years) Williams(3years) will all be learning a new scheme. Mcgee and Mckelvin may not be back. I think picking up a CB in FA with some experience is the right move.

Corner is one of the easiest transitions from college to the pros. There is very little learning curve. and almost all good corners, are 1st and 2nd round picks. I think going for the top corner at no. 8 might be a smart move.

I'm not saying I know anything more than any one else...But based on what I do know about the guy, I think Pettine will be pushing hard for Milliner...Not saying he'll get his way...But he'll still be asking for it...A lot...

I think it should also be pointed out that Milliner is the top CB prospect in this Draft, and it's VERY likely he will be gone in the first 7 Picks... B-)

I have Milliner at #5, but Johnthan Banks at #8. You're not losing too much. In 2 weeks Banks had 3 int's one a pick-6 TD. He's had 12 INT and 3 pick-6's in his time at Miss State. I think our D can get coverage sacks up the wazoo.

With that being said, we have more dire needs in the 1st and 2nd, that's why it is my opinion that I would only be happy to get him in the 3rd or 4th. UNCs Bernard, Wisc Ball, Mich State Bell, Clemson Ellington, Standford Taylor, and South Carolina Lattimore (who was better than all before his nasty injury) are all seen as 2-4 round projections at this point along with Lacy.

Mocks are...well...Mocks...The Draft advisory board has better information than any Mock Draft out there...I doubt very, very much that Lacey gets out of the early 2nd Round area...We'll see though... B-)

I have Milliner at #5, but Johnthan Banks at #8. You're not losing too much. In 2 weeks Banks had 3 int's one a pick-6 TD. He's had 12 INT and 3 pick-6's in his time at Miss State. I think our D can get coverage sacks up the wazoo.

Makes sense, though I'm not sure Banks should be quite that high...Still, it's hard for me to see Milliner getting to The Bills at #8...And I do think Banks, or Xavier Rhodes, will be in play due to our new DC...And the fact that the CB position opposite Gilmore was a complete and total train-wreck in 2012...But I think they are better options with a slight Trade Down... B-)