Brad Sorensen - QB - Southern Utah University.

MClem06

I agree with Machine Gun Kelly - we should go for one of the top QBs like Geno Smith or EJ Manuel & then come back around and grab a QB like this in a later round. you just never know where the next Tom Brady like 6th round pick might be found.

Great point Nukethis & thanks for doing the homework.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably should have posted this article also. I'm afraid that we are going to take a QB with our 1st rd pick but if this draft is as weak as what everyone seems to be predicting than I'd rather see Buffalo bolster other positions and then take a flyer on a QB like Sorensen. In the event that they don't pan out then find our potential franchise QB in next year's draft.

http://www.rantsport...couting-report/

What other positions...Another DB ? This team will continue to falter when it keeps ignoring the most important position.

About the writer of the linked article:

"I am a 16 year old high school junior NFL draft scout from Cincinnati, Ohio. My twitter: http://twitter.com/#...Mackenzie45220"

I'm sure the writer is a good kid but if you want the Bills to draft a guy based on an article by a 16 yr old "NFL draft scout" I'd advise that

the chances of that working out are slim to none. The guy probably will be available as a FA so dont waste a pick as we only have 6.

Why not, there are time when our OBD brain trust act like teenagers given their decision-making.

If this is such a bad year for QBs, why would we take 2??

Good point! In theory, I'd say the Bills should keep taking QB's until they find the right one(s). However, the reality is we've only got 6 picks in this draft - a draft that has 3 deep first rounds of talent - unfortunately, most of that talent is not at the QB position. I have real reservations about the Bills forgoing more legitimate talent to take a "flyer" on a bunch of QB's. I think they should take one - and it's really Nix's fault that we will have to decide between guys like Milliner, Jordan, Ansah, maybe Fischer, and guys like Geno and Barkley. In an ideal world, we'd of already made a QB pick (Kousins, anyone?, or Wilson) and we'd be able to go BPA.

All in all, I think we end up getting an early QB and using the rest of the draft on LB's, WR's, and maybe a CB or Safety. In UDFA we'll no doubt grab another QB and a bunch of "potential" gems.

About the writer of the linked article:

"I am a 16 year old high school junior NFL draft scout from Cincinnati, Ohio. My twitter: http://twitter.com/#...Mackenzie45220"

I'm sure the writer is a good kid but if you want the Bills to draft a guy based on an article by a 16 yr old "NFL draft scout" I'd advise that

the chances of that working out are slim to none. The guy probably will be available as a FA so dont waste a pick as we only have 6.

I'll grant that not everything written by 16 year olds should be taken as gospel truth. On the other hand, the kid who wrote the article didn't sound like he was 16. If you were to strip his name from the article, and replace it with the byline of some reasonably credible sports writer, people would be talking about the quality and insight of the article.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting the Bills draft a guy based on just one article--regardless of the identity of the article's author. Especially not if the red flags Pantoja noted are real. For example:

His heavy feet make it nearly impossible for him to make throws to receivers who are at an angle <30 degrees relative to the line of scrimmage, so hitch routes and outs are nearly out of the question (when they are used, he consistently throws it behind the receiver).

That and some other things the author raised should give one pause. Even so, this quarterback is worth looking into.

Some of you around here really make me laugh. All I did was looked down a list of draft prospects for QB and came across Sorensen. At this point I googled him and read a few of the articles that were at the TOP of the search engine, including the 16 year old which happened to be the one listed secondly. The articles ALL listed qualities that I found intriguing so I posted about him, even watched a highlight video or 2 of him. I never claimed to be some kind of expert or even state that we should draft 2 QBs, just that I would rather that the Bills take a flyer on a player LIKE Sorensen instead of using our 1st rd pick on a QB in a purportedly weak QB class, in which of course I'm afraid that is exactly what our idiot front office is going to do.

Here is where I made my biggest mistake or error in judgement. I had the audacity to try and post some kind of a football thought about a football player on a football board and then was actually retarded enough to ask for some input. Of course I got some input but it was from a few of the fugging jerk-offs that inhabit this board but alas at least they didn't disappoint, they held true to form. They were more than happy and quick to critique everything about what I posted and what I am EXCEPT for the subject of the topic, which of course is who I originally asked for more input and insight on. What a bunch of a$$holes! Lol! Keep up the good work guys, I appreciate you holding true to form. Whew, for a moment there I actually thought that you were going to contribute. I must be getting delusional in my old age.

Hey Tipster.

I've noticed that this week there's tons of bad behavior around here.

Some people are using choices of words which are just snarkiness, snippiness, passive aggressiveness, etc.

And others are just openly and downright rude.

My theory is that the Bills inactivity in free agency is really pissing off a lot of people, especially after the 14 years straight of suckitude.

And yet you still got some thoughtful responses sprinkled in there (Keister, Edward's Arm).

Don't let it drag you down bro. Happy Friday.

Thanks San Jose for taking the time to point that out and you're right, I didn't direct any of that towards the likes of Edward 's Arm or KeisterHollow or any of the others who were actually conversing on the subject. I think that it is obvious who my remarks are meant for, it's usually the same ones around here that think that they are the only ones who are worthy in their posts/responses. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are the ones who get slapped around by their wives, bootlick their boss' shoes at work and then get on this board and beat their chest like they are King Kong.

Thanks San Jose for taking the time to point that out and you're right, I didn't direct any of that towards the likes of Edward 's Arm or KeisterHollow or any of the others who were actually conversing on the subject. I think that it is obvious who my remarks are meant for, it's usually the same ones around here that think that they are the only ones who are worthy in their posts/responses. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are the ones who get slapped around by their wives, bootlick their boss' shoes at work and then get on this board and beat their chest like they are King Kong.

Yikes. For the record, my post indicated "those" posts, not yours.

I had no problem with the thread itself, or the link to a 16 year old's perception. I enjoy your posts/threads and hope you didn't think I meant any ill will towards you.

Sorry if there was any confusion!

Listen, don't be a jerk. I don't care if you are treated "unfairly" or whatever you think. Posts like your OP that was merged were hardly original content. You learned how to find a QB the same way Buddy Nix did. Read a bunch of results on a Google Search and say "this one is good." How else did we end up with that trick shot kid last year? Nix discovered YouTube. This year, it is rumored, he discovered Instagram.

Anyway, all kidding aside. You offered NO original content of your own. You looked at his highlights, you looked at write ups by other folks, and then proposed we should discuss this guy because others have. You did not bother to look for original content on his actual play - watching game tapes of him or anything. You easily could have. If you want me to fill you in on how to find game tapes of a lot of games, PM me. You can pull tapes of most any NFL game in the last 10 years, and tons of college games.

Do not beat your chest, do not talk about being above the "tough guys" on here. It does you nothing. No one cares about the tough guys, so standing up to them or just bringing them up doesn't. Take a simple rule I try to use on here. Do not say anything on here you wouldn't say to the biggest guy you could imagine in a dark alley, that way you will not offend anyone.

Bring original content to this board, bring discussion up that is not common retreads of the same information, enlighten us with something you discovered while watching take on a player. Tell us that you worry about CJ Spillers running because he does not display true form running, or that you are concerned with KWilliams because he plays off his legs and gets off balance easily. Bring us something, other then a link to some dudes account that is barely able to drive. Linking to someone elses crap work is not original content for you - it's them. It also drives traffic away from this site to another site, which is BS.

Yeah...all of that has to be true of anyone who wouldn't regard such an original thread ("This year's top QB's reportedly suck. What about this guy?") with the amount of solemnity and gravitas that it demands.

The reponses that seemed to have ignited your indignation are incredibly mild. It's a pretty gentle ribbing you are over-reacting to, sir.

As one who has taken a much harsher spanking in threads I have posted, instead of whining about responses and invoking abusive spouses and bosses to disparage the responders, I recommend coming back with more data, more info to support your point. Be convincing. Stop looking for the ref's flag.....

Edited by Mr. WEO

Listen, don't be a jerk. I don't care if you are treated "unfairly" or whatever you think. Posts like your OP that was merged were hardly original content. You learned how to find a QB the same way Buddy Nix did. Read a bunch of results on a Google Search and say "this one is good." How else did we end up with that trick shot kid last year? Nix discovered YouTube. This year, it is rumored, he discovered Instagram.

Anyway, all kidding aside. You offered NO original content of your own. You looked at his highlights, you looked at write ups by other folks, and then proposed we should discuss this guy because others have. You did not bother to look for original content on his actual play - watching game tapes of him or anything. You easily could have. If you want me to fill you in on how to find game tapes of a lot of games, PM me. You can pull tapes of most any NFL game in the last 10 years, and tons of college games.

Do not beat your chest, do not talk about being above the "tough guys" on here. It does you nothing. No one cares about the tough guys, so standing up to them or just bringing them up doesn't. Take a simple rule I try to use on here. Do not say anything on here you wouldn't say to the biggest guy you could imagine in a dark alley, that way you will not offend anyone.

Bring original content to this board, bring discussion up that is not common retreads of the same information, enlighten us with something you discovered while watching take on a player. Tell us that you worry about CJ Spillers running because he does not display true form running, or that you are concerned with KWilliams because he plays off his legs and gets off balance easily. Bring us something, other then a link to some dudes account that is barely able to drive. Linking to someone elses crap work is not original content for you - it's them. It also drives traffic away from this site to another site, which is BS.

What the hell are you talking about??! All I did was post about a draft prospect that I read some articles on and asked for some input from anyone who knew more about him or actually saw him play. As far as saying what I said, I would most definitely say it to anyone's face who came back with some of the responses that they did. Look, I don't know if you're some kind of scout, an ex player or coach but I'm not. All I did was asked for some input hopefully from people who know more about him and this subject than me. Holy ****, this board is getting more and more difficult to deal with! Talk about driving more and more traffic away from this site, this is the kind responses that does it more than anything. It has gotten to the point where after someone posts they have to duck. I guess that there is too many "experts" around for me to post or ask anything about the Bills.

Private PM you my @$$, who in the hell do you think you are??! This place is a joke, a bad one! Here's EXACTLY what I posted Mr. NFL:

The more and more that I read about this guy the more impressed I am, especially about his pocket presence, his calmness and his rocket arm. Has anyone actually see him play or know much about him? All input welcomed. He has the makings of a real under the radar type of player.