*Nothing on...turns on Lawrence O'Donnel...

dayman

I wish the idiots who are obsessed with getting Piers Morgan booted from the US would find some place to have O'Donnell booted to... he is insufferable.

Even when I agree with him on so many things (at least in overall substance) he is just about as bad as it gets... would love for him to get the interim senate seat...and off my friggin' tv!

I wish the idiots who are obsessed with getting Piers Morgan booted from the US would find some place to have O'Donnell booted to... he is insufferable.

Even when I agree with him on so many things (at least in overall substance) he is just about as bad as it gets... would love for him to get the interim senate seat...and off my friggin' tv!

There is so much **** on TV, why in God's name would you watch Larry?

He's just about the most serious man on tv. Seriously...watch his show. He could talk about peanut butter between warm toast and you would think he was talking about his wife being murdered.

When I am puttering around the house, I often put on MSNBC and FOX in the background....usually a little of both every night. So, I see/hear a fair amount of all of them, including O'Donnell... as you know, I lean left, and there are some people, such as O'Donnell, who are just so smug (I don't think he is stupid), they undermine their argument... his purpose seems to be to inflame, rather than educate, humiliate rather than try to come to some real understanding. O'Donnell just too often banters on and has an agenda beyond party, and ideology...he loves him some "me", I just don't care for his style at all, even when I essentially agree with him on many things. He is practically frothing at the mouth sometimes, working himself into a fury with how clever he is. It just doesn't work for me...if I want that kind of entertainment, I tune into Bill Maher, who is much better at it.

btw- I have gained new (actually "some") for Morgan.

Edited by Buftex

agreed

its pretty clear that msnbc has been trying to out-faux faux news over the last five years and especially the last few. blowhards like rush and hannity sort of invented or at least popularized inflammatory partisan talk shows masquerading as news and msnbc has been trying to make their own liberal version of that. unfortunately for them and for us, faux had a big head start and had the advantage of the simplistic far right hive mind to easily manipulate, so msnbc was always playing catch up

o'donnell is bad but hes not even close to mr ed in that regard. idk how ed shultz keeps his damn job, hes just awful. at least o'donnell is smart and makes some good points, albeit in his over dramatized and annoying way. ed is just all bad. he lies about as bad as rush, takes things completely out of context and ignores vital information like hannity, but doesnt have nearly the entertainment value of either. peirs morgan used to be really bad too, but ever since he started getting criticized so badly hes started to take issues more seriously and has improved to the point hes at least watchable

i really like what chris matthews does, he seems to just keep getting better. i wish he wouldnt interrupt guests so much but hes still very good. maddow is also very good, at least in being very smart and entertaining. shes gone downhill a little the last couple years as it appears shes running out of good material and has to inflate issues too much now, but shes still pretty insightful when shes not just trying to fill up the hour. i just hope she doesnt go downhill like olbermann did. he started out so good in his early years then just fell off the damn cliff. a lot like bill oreilly, who started out good and just got just awful as time went on. i think both of them just got too full of themselves and it completely ruined their entire presentation to the point i cant even listen to them anymore

agreed

its pretty clear that msnbc has been trying to out-faux faux news over the last five years and especially the last few. blowhards like rush and hannity sort of invented or at least popularized inflammatory partisan talk shows masquerading as news and msnbc has been trying to make their own liberal version of that. unfortunately for them and for us, faux had a big head start and had the advantage of the simplistic far right hive mind to easily manipulate, so msnbc was always playing catch up

o'donnell is bad but hes not even close to mr ed in that regard. idk how ed shultz keeps his damn job, hes just awful. at least o'donnell is smart and makes some good points, albeit in his over dramatized and annoying way. ed is just all bad. he lies about as bad as rush, takes things completely out of context and ignores vital information like hannity, but doesnt have nearly the entertainment value of either. peirs morgan used to be really bad too, but ever since he started getting criticized so badly hes started to take issues more seriously and has improved to the point hes at least watchable

i really like what chris matthews does, he seems to just keep getting better. i wish he wouldnt interrupt guests so much but hes still very good. maddow is also very good, at least in being very smart and entertaining. shes gone downhill a little the last couple years as it appears shes running out of good material and has to inflate issues too much now, but shes still pretty insightful when shes not just trying to fill up the hour. i just hope she doesnt go downhill like olbermann did. he started out so good in his early years then just fell off the damn cliff. a lot like bill oreilly, who started out good and just got just awful as time went on. i think both of them just got too full of themselves and it completely ruined their entire presentation to the point i cant even listen to them anymore

When Ezra guest hosts his shows are so much better than anybody who actually has a show. They need to give the man a show.

agreed big time on ezra at least compared to odonnell

When Ezra guest hosts his shows are so much better than anybody who actually has a show. They need to give the man a show.

i thought ezra hosted maddow shows, am i remembering wrong or does he also do odonnell fill ins, or did i misundestand your statement

in any event, kline does definitely need to get his own show. hes probably not annoying enough to bump the eds and larrys from their lineup. apparently attack partisanship sells well or faux and msnbc wouldnt be at war to see who can lie and obfuscate better. kline obviously cant touch matthews, maddow or scarborough. im sure we could come up with somebody to replace there though so im in on that

agreed

Yes... Matthews, who I probably disagree with more than anyone on MSNBC on certain things, is probably my favorite too....and I think Maddow is pretty good, but as you imply, sometimes I find myself thinking, mid-stream "oh my god, is she still trying to make the same point she was 10 minutes ago...we get it! And, if we don't, we probably aren't going to".

As for "Mr Ed", no doubt, O'Donnell is a hell of a lot smarter...but you remember, way back when Olberman (not a fan for many of the same reasons as OD) left the network, O'Donnell was supposed to be the "1A" to Maddows #1 on the network...Schultz, only a smarter than Rev Al, was outrating O'Donnell consistantly with viewers....so they swapped their time slots. I think that speaks a lot to the appeal of O'Donnells sort of smugness...it just doesn't play well for a lot of people.

Oh yeah....love Alex Wagner....yowza... smart and gorgeous!

Lawrence is a great guy if you like being yelled at for the first 15 minutes of a tiresome lib monologue.

That is pretty much the schtick on all of these shows... I have no problem with "lib" or "neocon" monlogues...it is when the person doing the monologue makes themself part of the issue that it ruins it... only Colbert can do that flawlessly!

well like i said, theres obviously a big market for stupid people politics as evidenced by the huge popularity of ppl like ed, rush, hannity. i happened to be listening to ed in the car today and once again he only tells the part of the story that fits his agenda. i dont even remember what it was but he played some sound bite and i could tell right away he had taken the comment out of context, then proceeded to hammer on it for half an hour, ridiculing any caller that tried to point out his one-sidedness. its insulting to the intelligence amd those i mentioned are all on the low end of the intellectual and honesty scales but they all get huge ratings. apparently there are large swaths of stupid ppl just eat that crap up or else they wouldnt keep spoon feeding it to us in prime time slots

theres also oviously a market for more reasonable partisans like scarborough and colmes, but i dont think they would ever get near the ratings as the attack artists bc their positions are too nuanced for the dumb masses to understand. so unfortunately that means the loudest voices are going to be the most biased, unreasonable, and incalcitrant. its really quite damaging to our society to have such low common denominator thinking being amplified ad nauseum but in a capitalistic free society i honestly dont know what the solution to that is. i suppose we just keep trying to provide the legitimate intellectual dialog and hope that reality makes some headway against the tide of mindless crap

Ezra guest hosts a bunch of them...I know for a fact I've seen him do Maddow and Ed...not sure about the others but he seems to be the go to guy and for good reason...he probably likes where he's at though he gets to guest host fairly regularly, come on as a contributor...and then keep his gig at the post doing what he probably likes most which is tinkering with his little wonk blog articles. It's funny though that he guest hosts and shames the others...then they come back and often refer to his post articles.

Oh and as for finding room there's ALL KINDS OF ROOM hehe...bump Shaprton first then Ed...leave Matthews bump O'Donnell down to 7 give Ezra the spot at 9 and kick Maddow to 10. Instantly a better line up.

When I am puttering around the house, I often put on MSNBC and FOX in the background....usually a little of both every night. So, I see/hear a fair amount of all of them, including O'Donnell... as you know, I lean left, and there are some people, such as O'Donnell, who are just so smug (I don't think he is stupid), they undermine their argument... his purpose seems to be to inflame, rather than educate, humiliate rather than try to come to some real understanding. O'Donnell just too often banters on and has an agenda beyond party, and ideology...he loves him some "me", I just don't care for his style at all, even when I essentially agree with him on many things. He is practically frothing at the mouth sometimes, working himself into a fury with how clever he is. It just doesn't work for me...if I want that kind of entertainment, I tune into Bill Maher, who is much better at it.

btw- I have gained new (actually "some") for Morgan.

How do you guys watch that ****?? If I'm puttering around the house the last thing I will have on is Fox, MSNBC, or CNN. Actually I dumped cable a couple of weeks ago so even it I was tempted I can't. For me when I'm puttering, driving or kicking back it's music, music, music.

god i forgot about brother al. holy cow hes lucky ed is on there cuz thats about all that keeps him from being the worst. in fact he still might be the worst

I'm not defending Ed but c'mon Al is way worse. His show is terrible.

How do you guys watch that ****?? If I'm puttering around the house the last thing I will have on is Fox, MSNBC, or CNN. Actually I dumped cable a couple of weeks ago so even it I was tempted I can't. For me when I'm puttering, driving or kicking back it's music, music, music.

I'm with you. That **** was great in my early 20s when I was just starting to really get into this stuff, but once you get past the surface issues it becomes painfully clear that cable news is little more than pro-wrestling for political junkies.