If new DC uses 3 - 4, which DT would be on the chopping block?

Where does Kyle (or Mario?) fit in this scenario?

Kyle will have to suck it up as the NT if Dareus and Carrington are the 3-4 DE's. Mario would be an OLB because of his frame/athleticism

Barnett 4 sure is g-o-n-e. Probably Kelsay, and I don't think Moore is sure thing. What I see it looks like.... only from my perspective....

DL

M. Williams, Darious, K Williams.

Carrington, Troup (or incoming NT) plus incoming DE

LBS

Moats, Sheppard, White (or incoming ILB), Anderson

Bradham, perhaps Moore, and or White.

At the very least they must bring in another Nose tackle and ILB. Between the tackles is where the Bills got gouged.

Also, because of his size, the Bills are going to have to figure out where he fits, if at all, and move from there.

I can tell you that Moore, Merriman, and Mario would be some sick OLBs in that defense.

Carrington, Johnson, Dareus would be solid DEs.

And Kyle Williams best fit would be in the trading block as he would receive the most interest since he's over rated by everyone including other teams and coaches. We could potentially get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him and then draft or sign via FA our future NT in the 3-4.

If Kyle stays, he would be a DE along with Dareus. Occasionally splitting time with whoever takes the DT spot.

Barnett 4 sure is g-o-n-e. Probably Kelsay, and I don't think Moore is sure thing. What I see it looks like.... only from my perspective....

DL

M. Williams, Darious, K Williams.

Carrington, Troup (or incoming NT) plus incoming DE

LBS

Moats, Sheppard, White (or incoming ILB), Anderson

Bradham, perhaps Moore, and or White.

At the very least they must bring in another Nose tackle and ILB. Between the tackles is where the Bills got gouged.

Also, because of his size, the Bills are going to have to figure out where he fits, if at all, and move from there.

I'd be fine with most of this. If troup can actually get on the field as a depth NT, that pick would actually make some sense. The backers suck though...

The jets used 3 downline men less than 20 percent of the time last year on defense. Why would we give up what should be the strength of this team? Another example of an ill informed Bills fan. Terrible thread!

You should read this too regarding the Jets defense .. not really a 3-4 but more of a 46. Posted elsewhere but copied here for your convenience.

http://www.scardraft...anHybrid46.html

Interestingly, 2 of the top players the writer called out in the 2011 draft for this scheme are on the Bills (Dareus at DE and A. Williams at FS).

Edited by BobChalmers

yea, none of the above....we would need and use them all as DT and DE's

Yeah this will probably be better for Dareus, he would move between DT and DE when he was at Alabama where he won the defensive MVP of the 2010 BCS title game playing that way.

You should read this too regarding the Jets defense .. not really a 3-4 but more of a 4-6. Posted elsewhere but copied here for your convenience.

http://www.scardraft.com/RyanHybrid46.html

Interestingly, 2 of the top players the writer called out in the 2011 draft for this scheme are on the Bills (Dareus at DE and A. Williams at FS).

nice find