Marrone hire may possibly help Levitre re-signing

I'm beginning to think The Bills aint gonna pay big money to Levitre. Nothing against Andy. He's been a stalwart and a good player. I just don't believe the Bills are going to want to pay more than $4-5m for a guard.

If Levitre leaves, there are options on including Brandon Moore for a lot less, moving Glenn to guard, Hairston to LT, re-upping Rinehardt, Snow, Brown, or drafting one in rd 3-4.

Marrone's gonna bring in a good ol coach. And, I think Wood's replacement will be groomed this season as well.

I'm curious why you would possibly say that? If anything, I think Marrone would think that an OL is more important than other guys.

That is not true at all. There are all kinds of reasons players sign here or there. Money is the major factor, but there are 20 other factors that lead into it.

Just put yourself in the situation. Say you are Andy Levitre. You love Buffalo, you love your teammates, your wife and kids love it, and a team you don't like offers you 38 mil instead of 35 mil, or 37 mil instead of 35. Are you, jeremy2020 so obsessed with money that you will go to another team you and your family doesnt want to go to for that money when you're getting 35 million anyway?.

It's possible, but not likely. History agrees, even for "really awesome guys who love the team they are on and we really like too" will want money very similar to what they are getting in free agency. There is a reason he is testing free agency.

Edited by jeremy2020

I'm beginning to think The Bills aint gonna pay big money to Levitre. Nothing against Andy. He's been a stalwart and a good player. I just don't believe the Bills are going to want to pay more than $4-5m for a guard.

If Levitre leaves, there are options on including Brandon Moore for a lot less, moving Glenn to guard, Hairston to LT, re-upping Rinehardt, Snow, Brown, or drafting one in rd 3-4.

Marrone's gonna bring in a good ol coach. And, I think Wood's replacement will be groomed this season as well.

Glenn is not going to guard.

It's possible, but not likely. History agrees, even for "really awesome guys whole love the team they are on and we really like" will want money similar to what they are getting in free agency. There is a reason he is testing free agency.

Stevie took less money just last year. He easily would have gotten a bigger offer if he went into free agency, even if he eventually decided to come back to the Bills. Levitre would be dumb not to test free agency even if he knows he will likely re-sign, unless the Bills blow him away with an offer.

Eric Wood tweeted during the PC how much he was liking the hire. That can't hurt with respect to Levitre either.

I know it's out of school to suggest Buddy Nix has had any sort of plan over the past three years, but I think he has followed through on a couple of key strategies -- building the lines and "keeping our own." I see no reason to believe Buffalo intends to let blue chippers like Levitre and Byrd leave without a fight. I would never have typed this three (even two) years ago, but I fully expect both to be back in Bills uniforms next season.

I agree no doubt they will be back.

But I can't wait for the thread calling Levitre and Byrd greedy jerks for not signing for the vet minimum by next friday

Stevie took less money just last year. He easily would have gotten a bigger offer if he went into free agency, even if he eventually decided to come back to the Bills. Levitre would be dumb not to test free agency even if he knows he will likely re-sign, unless the Bills blow him away with an offer.

Stevie didn't get to free agency. Indications are Levitre intends to test the waters.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I believe the 99% in this case are going to take the money. There are other factors, but they quickly lose out to money.

Is it really all about the money for Levitre? Maybe not. There's plenty of NFL players that play for the paycheck. Then there's the ones that came into the league from winning programs, and winning is important for themselves and for their team. Levitre if he stays would be on his 3rd head coach in a 4 year career.Just Like Kyle Williams, J. Byrd, maybe levitre wants to WIN. He and the rest of the team will yet again get another Rah rah, speech by their new coaches. The Bills are good at talking but their play rarely backs it up.

Really, a big loss for the team. But anyone that's into winning, and success could hardly be blamed from bolting, from a new untested regime that has question marks all over it. For Levitre blocking for a franchise QB instead of the Gailey class favorite maybe as important as the big payday. If he and others leave could anyone blame them?

Edited by Best Player Available

Stevie didn't get to free agency. Indications are Levitre intends to test the waters.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I believe the 99% in this case are going to take the money. There are other factors, but they quickly lose out to money.

Let's also keep in mind that the general consensus was that Stevie wanted to test the FA market as well. It's not a foregone conclusion that both of these guys will hit FA. Don't be surprised if both are resigned before FA even is upon us.

Glenn is the starting LT on this team. Hairston sucks as a starter. The Bills need to start the season on a positive note by signing Levitre. Pure and Simple.

Let's also keep in mind that the general consensus was that Stevie wanted to test the FA market as well. It's not a foregone conclusion that both of these guys will hit FA. Don't be surprised if both are resigned before FA even is upon us.

I don't recall Stevie saying a lot about testing the free agency market. I remember him saying he wasn't sure the Bills wanted him and he would go to Free Agency.

Levitre specifically stated he intends to shop for the best offer on the market this offseason.

To sign levitre, it's probably going to be about 6 years / 50-60 million. I'd personally say 9 million a year. I hope the Bills sign him and think he is probably worth it, but it wouldn't be surprising to see him walk at 10 million a year.

Edited by jeremy2020