Lovie Smith for D.C. ?

That would be some news I could actually get excited about. So far underwhelmed by this .500 Marone pick.

It could happen. It happens all the time. Lovies son and his agent. He said that whoever gets the H.C. job in Buff,will like Brandon and staff. Maybe he could come here and coach up our D.

That would be some news I could actually get excited about. So far underwhelmed by this .500 Marone pick.

.500 at a school that was 10-37 in the previous four years before him...

Need to bump this thread.

I would love me some Lovie. Please, pretty please, can we get a proven winner on D that will give this franchise some national cred?

You need to bump this thread after two minutes from the last reply. Settle down.

Why would a first time HC want to hire the guy that the fans wanted for his position? We would have a "coaching controversy" the first bad game Doug has.....

which, by my estimation, should be week 1 2013. kidding.

Lovie would be great but 99.9% no way. Go Doug/Go Bills!

We always want a new coach after week one anyway....Give me some Lovie.

I think Lovie wants a HC Job. I dont blame him. Wish we gave Lovie a chance. We would have hired a guy who wanted to be here and wasnt in a slump. Lovie was a guy who needed a change. Buffalo would have been the perfect flip side of the coin to Chicago.

Only if Lovie supports the 4 - 3. I read he is in love with the tampon 2 which we don't have the personnel for.

We most certainly have the personnel for Lovie's Tampa 2. Just because Jauron did it one way, doesn't mean everyone does it like that. Lovie would love our personnel.

Sadly, there's no way he'd be the DC for a college coach after he interviewed for the head coaching job. I'd love it but its not happening.

.500 at a school that was 10-37 in the previous four years before him...

Like I said, not a horrible decision, but underwhelming.

You need to bump this thread after two minutes from the last reply. Settle down.

No one is talking about Marone on TV. A big name would get us some coverage, cred, bigger signings and some national games.

I'm settled. How bout you?

Often they will sit out a year, then if next year no HC positions coming their way, they take a coordinator position. Can't see it happening this year.

I would like the Hugh Jackson for OC though. He was rumored to come if Lovie was HC, maybe he'd still come?? But likely someone that Marrone has ties too.

Lovies name isn't coming up in any other of the other spots, so he might end up a DC.

Edited by Ed_Roch