Initial thoughts on Doug Marrone hiring?/

Fezmid

What do you think of the Bills hiring Doug Marrone as HC?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Bills hiring Doug Marrone as HC?

• Great choice, Superbowl baby!
    • It's ok, we'll wait and see.
    • Same old, same old.
    • We're DOOOOOOMED!

Actually if there had been a choice between Great and OK would have selected that one.

From the college ranks, I'd rather have him than Chip Kelly as Kelly is to much of a "gimmick" DM has both NFL experience and head coaching experience. The only other choice I may have liked slightly better was Lovie Smith, but even with him, there are things to worry about like the offense. The league is becoming more and more offensive minded so from that standpoint, this may be the better choice. McCoy was a hot name, but the two QB's he's had sucess with were Tebow and Peyton Manning, one total gimmick, the second, best QB in football. Horton, may have been good, but again these days offense may be the better choice.

I am in the wait and see camp but cautiously optimistic. Would you rather have a guy on the rise or a guy at the end of his coaching career trying to capture greatness he never had?

Any transition like this is hard and those expecting Gruden or Cowher were sure to be disappointed -- but I see the logic here -- Lovie Smith is a really good coach but he never won a super bowl and missed the playoffs in the majority of his years; same with Whisenhunt. Reid was not a candidate for the Bills job.

Marrone knows what a great QB looks like (Brees) he also knows how to use talent we have (Spiller).

Welcome Coach Marrone!

Well, as a regular participant of the old school chat room that can't be mentioned on this forum, let's just say I'll have my waterboard ready to go for next season, just in case...

On the bright side, if things do turn out poorly, I won't have to alter my handle too much from "Richard Mauron".