JinWPB

New coach.Choose wisely young Padawan.  

324 members have voted

1. 1. New head coach should be.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't appear to be an issue as in 2009: Whisenhunt and Ray Horton are being interviewed tomorrow and Lovie Smith has already expressed (confirmed) interest in the job. According to WGR, 20-25 coaches have contacted the Bills with interest--- who they are exactly isn't known, aside from Lovie.

The options don't appear to be limited.

I hope you're right! Maybe it's the Economy?

Hopefully whomever we get will be the real deal, not some phony blow-hard, "interviews well" imposter like Greggggg!

Add Chris Peterson to the poll and remove those who arent viable possibilities:

• Tony Dungy - he is retired, never coming back, focusing on social work
  • David Shaw - just signed a long term deal to stay at Stanford, highly unlikely he leaves for Buffalo. Also Harbaugh disciple
  • Hue Jackson - not on anyones radar except for a token Rooney Rule interview
  • Norv Turner - 3 different stops, no success, he will be a OC for the rest of his life (i.e. Gilbride)

I dunno man.

Cowher would want some control over who gets drafted and gets brought in during free agency. Plus, the Bills would need to pay him upwards of 8 mill per.

Besides, who would want a fiery blue collar kinda HC that knows who to hire as assistants, knows talent when he sees it, and knows how to win.

This is what 26 years of being a fan will do to me. Wouldn't it be nice for him to say to himself "I feel bad for endorsing Gailey, I am going to coach the Bills". I can dream can't I...lol

Based on what? Smith won three division titles with the Bears, reached the Super Bowl and was the NFL’s coach of the year for the 2005 season. He has a winning record in 9 years as a head coach (91-63). In what Universe does that add up to being a loser?

Read the thread man.

ONE playoff appearance in SIX seasons.

I dont care what he did a decade ago.

ONE playoff appearance in SIX seasons compared to ZERO playoff appearances in THIRTEEN seasons.

TWO losing seasons in SIX years compared to ONE winning season in THIRTEEN seasons.

But since you are dismissing the stats then the Bills are looking good as is. You're worried about playoffs. I'm just looking for a winning season.

This is a loser mentality.

"Lets go from the huge turd to the small turd."

I dont care that he sucked slightly less than we did.

Read the thread man.

You have a funny definition of slightly. It's almost as laughable as your claim of 3 winning seasons for Lovie. Did he beat you up in gym class or something?

We need new blood, not retreads. Someone who will light a fire under these potential pro bowlers we have. I'm sick and tired of seeing the coach on the sidelines not even looking up from his play book to watch the game. I'm sick of a coach who doesn't get "fired up" when his team screws up or when they do great. Where are the coaches that "coach"? We need someone who will show emotion on the sidelines, not a stick figure.

Read the thread man.

So who is your pick for the new HC job then? I'm really curious.

So who is your pick for the new HC job then? I'm really curious.

Chip.

You have a funny definition of slightly. It's almost as laughable as your claim of 3 winning seasons for Lovie. Did he beat you up in gym class or something?

He has been to ONE more playoff appearance in the last 6 years as Gailey and Jauron. One. Uno.

I dont care what he did forever ago.

We need new blood, not retreads. Someone who will light a fire under these potential pro bowlers we have. I'm sick and tired of seeing the coach on the sidelines not even looking up from his play book to watch the game. I'm sick of a coach who doesn't get "fired up" when his team screws up or when they do great. Where are the coaches that "coach"? We need someone who will show emotion on the sidelines, not a stick figure.

I agree with what you say we need, I think there are some retreads who bring this; namely a Cowher or Gruden...

I am gun shy on the "new guy". Gregg & Mike have done me in in that regard. I don't want a dumb retread like Brad Childress or DJ either....College coaches with gimmicky Offenses are a concern as well...

Chip.

He has been to ONE more playoff appearance in the last 6 years as Gailey and Jauron. One. Uno.

I dont care what he did forever ago.

Right. "One appearance" meaning a first round bye, divisional win and an appearance In the NFC Championship game. Jauron won zero playoff games. Lovie has a 3-3 record in playoff games.

Keep trollin', trollin' trollin'.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Andy Reid has emerged as the leading candidate to become Arizona's next HC and could be named to job by end of the week, per league sources.

First coach hired....

He would be the first coach hired but these kinds of reports surface all the time. He would be heading to a team that has the QB he chose to trade away. Is that necessarily a slam-dunk?

Right. "One appearance" meaning a first round bye, divisional win and an appearance In the NFC Championship game. Jauron won zero playoff games. Lovie has a 3-3 record in playoff games.

Keep trollin', trollin' trollin'.

One appearance in SIX YEARS.

I dont care if he won 15 straight Super Bowls a decade ago.

That was then, this is now.

He was fired for his lack of production the last 6 seasons. They know what he did 7+ years ago. They dont care about 7+ years ago. And we shouldn't either.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Andy Reid has emerged as the leading candidate to become Arizona's next HC and could be named to job by end of the week, per league sources.

First coach hired....

He would be the first coach hired but these kinds of reports surface all the time. He would be heading to a team that has the QB he chose to trade away. Is that necessarily a slam-dunk?

IIRC, Ray Horton and the entire defensive staff are still under contract--- I wonder how this news affects Horton, one way or the other?