Darrell Bevell and Mike McCoy for HC!

These are two interesting candidates IMO. I think they are two offensive coordinators that have proven that they are progressive and able to adapt to multiple schemes to fit their personne and have excellent success. Also going forward the Bills main priority is to draft and groom a young quarterback. Brevell especially has shown he can do it.

The only thing I am concerned about is their connections in the NFL and if they would be able to attract quality assistant coaches.

In game management will always be wait and see.

Peyton Manning thinks Mike McCoy is ready for an NFL HC position:

http://profootballta...e-a-head-coach/

interesting. Hard to come by a coach who can embrace both west coast and Coryell offenses and can adapt from Tebow to manning. Of all the candidates so far he's my favorite and now I like him even more.

I would be okay with either of these guys as long as they bring in a strong DC. Both are good OC's, but we have got to develop that defense into a winner.

And also be just HC. I would like them also to give up calling the plays on the Offense. One of the failings of Chan was that with the OC duties, he simply did not have the time to be the HC of the Buffalo bills. It appeared that there were no chemistry between the HC and the Defensive and ST players. I rarely saw Chan congratulating and patting the Defensive players when they came off the field.

I don't know about the love for McCoy. Peyton is McCoy's OC.

I really like the Bevell idea. A lot. And why hasn't Jay Gruden been mentioned at all? Did he send out a memo to the NFL that he wasn't interested in any HC jobs?

It's becoming clear that whoever is running this team (ie. Ralph) doesn't understand that our next QB will be in charge of developing a rookie QB.

interesting. Hard to come by a coach who can embrace both west coast and Coryell offenses and can adapt from Tebow to manning. Of all the candidates so far he's my favorite and now I like him even more.

he didnt adapt to manning ,,he got out of mannings way..maybe learned something from him..but dont give this guy credit for peytons success in denver

he didnt adapt to manning ,,he got out of mannings way..maybe learned something from him..but dont give this guy credit for peytons success in denver

That's not what Peyton said;

"McCoy established himself as a head-coaching candidate last year when he retooled Denver’s offense midway through the season to better suit quarterback Tim Tebow’s running style. As a result, the Broncos led the NFL in rushing, with 164.5 yards per game. This year, McCoy combined Manning’s passing attack with that same rushing philosophy.

“For me, I knew it was going to take some time with any coach because I had been in one system and really kind of had one coach for the majority of my career.

Mike’s been a great resource for me,” Manning said. “He’s been incredibly supportive and patient with me in putting together this hybrid offense.

“He’s a guy, we spent a lot of hours together, early mornings, late nights trying to get our plan in place for what kind of offense we were going to be. There is no substitute for a work ethic and Mike certainly has that.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130105/SPORTS/130109594/two-bills-drive-1003

McCoy intrigues me for what he did with Tebow and designing an offense that used his strengths. Not sure how that relates to Head Coaching a team, but I do like it. If we aren't going to get Lovie and get a first time Head Coach, he would be choice probably. Definitely take him over any college guys.