Doug Marrone will interview w/Bills

Punch

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it over-speculating to think that IF The Bills are already lining up interviews, NIx or Whaley will be the GM in 2013? Just seems to me that a team ready to hire a GM from outside would be waiting for that guy to pick the candidates...Could be wrong though... B-)

Is it over-speculating to think that IF The Bills are already lining up interviews, NIx or Whaley will be the GM in 2013? Just seems to me that a team ready to hire a GM from outside would be waiting for that guy to pick the candidates...Could be wrong though... B-)

Or maybe Nix is getting fired and it's Whaley's time to shine and he's lining guys up to interview.

I don't think it means anything bc Russ could n prob is running things

here is some Marrone Kool-aid;

"The Big East Coach of the Year Award, along with the rest of the conference's hardware, will be announced Wednesday. Charlie Strong is the favorite to walk away with the honor after leading Louisville to a 10-2 season and a Sugar Bowl berth in his third campaign with the Cardinals. Here, we make our cases for two other coaches who impressed during the 2012 campaign.

Andrea: Syracuse coach Doug Marrone

Charlie Strong and Butch Jones have done fantastic jobs with their respective teams this season.

But neither of them was saddled with a team coming off a losing season.

A team that closed 2011 with five consecutive defeats.

A team picked to finish seventh in the Big East preseason media poll.

A team that faced a nonconference schedule with four games against teams from the Big Ten, SEC and Pac-12.

A team that started the season 2-4.

Syracuse coach Doug Marrone stared down another season that had disappointment written all over it. And yet, he pulled off the shocker of the Big East season -- getting Syracuse into the New Era Pinstripe Bowl and winning a share of the league title.

That makes him every bit as deserving as Strong and Jones when it comes to consideration for Big East Coach of the Year honors.

Let’s go back to Week 8. The Orange were 2-4, ranked No. 7 in the Big East in scoring offense; No. 7 in rushing offense; and tied for last in turnover margin. They were an undisciplined football team, a group that had no consistent rushing attack, and no consistent pass rush. Marrone called himself out when asked pointed questions about why his football team kept stumbling around, repeatedly saying it was his job to get his team better prepared.

Whatever he did worked.

Syracuse ended the season with wins in five of its final six game. That includes a decisive throttling of then-No. 9 Louisville at home, and a huge come-from-behind road victory at Missouri. Most everybody penciled both games in as losses.

But the way the Orange played in both games showed the resiliency that has defined this team during the second half of the season. The Orange reinvented themselves: They stopped turning the ball over. They figured out how to run the ball. And they played much better on the defensive line.

As a result, Syracuse ended the season No. 3 in the league in scoring offense, averaging a touchdown more per game in its final six games. It ended No. 3 in rushing offense, averaging 44 more yards per game on the ground in the final six games. And after going minus-10 in turnover margin through six games, Syracuse finished at minus-1, losing the ball just five times in its final six contests.

Syracuse can call itself Big East champion because of its remarkable turnaround. If that is not worthy of recognition, I am not sure what is."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/73349/take-2-doug-marrone-or-butch-jones

Good for us for not waiting to bring guys in, I really doubt we settle off and hire the very first guy we interview (although, if we do, I am dreading reading that in someones signature or having that quoted a few times).

This is not a bad move, this, acting like we have in the last 10 months, I think we are showing a big move, showing that we're goign to be fearless. Lets see what happens next!

Prior to his work at Syracuse, Marrone served as the offensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints from 2006-2008, working under Sean Payton.

God, I am so sick of Payton. I do not get his hype.

more;

"Marrone's body of work may not be the most impressive resume featured, but there are several reasons why he looks like an attractive option for an NFL team.

First and foremost, Marrone runs a no nonsense offense and defense scheme. Sorry Chip Kelly, no matter how much proof anyone presents, your offense still looks like a gimmick. Furthermore, Marrone adjusted the offensive system to ft the personel on the team, a huge plus when looking at a coach's ability. With so many poor NFL teams possessing issues at the top, it's a great trait to have as a coach.

Secondly, look at an old debate we hashed up again and again when Marrone was on the hot seat earlier this season. As Matt so eloquently put, the Syracuse football team was a dead dog that had ben dragged out back behind the shed to be shot more than the necessary amount. Marrone's job was, and still is, to revive said dead program. Two bowl births, a bowl win and the best conference finish since 2001 sounds like a pretty damn good start. Not to mention he's reestablished recruiting hotbeds and spread the Syracuse pipelines to hotbeds like Georgia and now hopefully Texas.

Oh, and there was that whole thing where he knew that his seat was red hot if something good didn't happen and got the team to become closer and finish out with three straight victories.

All of the above shows a pretty decent resume for a team looking for a strong fundamental head coach, right?"

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/11/26/3692796/why-syracuses-doug-marrone-would-make-a-decent-nfl-coach-but-why-he

Not for nothing, but what has this guy ever done aside from one good season and going to college upstate?

He was the OC in New Orleans 2006-2008...

But admittedly, with a 25-25 record at Syracuse (including a 11-17 Conference Record), Marrone is not the type of candidate that is going to drum up a ton of excitement... B-)

just imagine if we get Marrone as HC I would bet a couple of paychecks we go after Nassib.

Maybe the interview will be like lets see what we can find out about Nassib as well. Well at least I hope so.

Package deal maybe?

Edited by Bufcomments

just imagine if we get Marrone as HC I would bet a couple of paychecks we go after Nassib.

Maybe the interview will be like lets see what we can find out about Nassib as well. Well at least I hope so.

Package deal maybe?

Wouldn't it be better if the Bills just joined the Big East?