Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

If Kelly chooses the Browns and Marrone goes to the Eagles, or vice versa--- isn't that obvious? Of course, the Bills may have liked someone better than either and will hire that candidate, but it would be unknown if that were the case. That's why I say "in principle". I'd like for perception of the organization to be as a desirable destination, is my point, and the constant media reports of the Bills being a "token" interview with Kelly is tiresome. I hope it's not the case.

I totally don't follow that logic. And besides what difference does it make? For all we know Lovie is the Bills #2 I'm not convinced Marrone is a serious target. Whisenhut faded away, didn't he?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7 hour part of this doesn't strike me as odd at all. Have you noticed how many hours the NHL and NHLPA have devoted to reaching terms on a new CBA?

Kelly isn't interviewing for a job as ticket taker. Have you noticed a lot of money is connected with the business of the NFL?

The higher the stakes, the more there is to talk about.

point taken... there is a lot to talk about.

Sadly I have a job that requires me to spend hours in meetings on a weekly basis. I like my job and often discuss important things but at no point ever could meetings extend to 7 hours.

Doesn't make any sense at all.......sounds like an agent talking to a chatty reporter to keep up the media coverage of their client, which I say "good for them" That is what they should do

FWIW, NFL Network's Ian Rappaport hears the following from around the league regarding the Bills:

The
' QB situation is certainly a question mark. The other thing is, I hear nothing but good things around the league when it comes to eventual GM Doug Whaley and CEO Russ Brandon. It's rare you hear such positive reviews about, well, anything, but these two are respected. Brandon for his ability to be an administrator, Whaley for his personnel prowess. People love old
alums, and Whaley would like to build in the model of what we see in Pittsburgh. The phrase I heard most often with regard to Buffalo's situation? "
They are in good hands." Something you don't often hear.

I mean it was obviously what I meant, not obvious that the Bills wanted him and didn't get him--- hence my very next sentence in that quoted post. If the Eagles, Browns and Bills all interview Kelly and Marrone, and the Bills are the odd man out, it could add to the perception of the organization as "undesirable". That's all I'm saying.

They can hire Whisenhunt or Horton and claim whichever one was their first choice.

I totally don't follow that logic. And besides what difference does it make? For all we know Lovie is the Bills #2 I'm not convinced Marrone is a serious target. Whisenhut faded away, didn't he?

PTR

Then please ignore it and move on. I love the Bills and want to see them get the best available coach. End of story.

FWIW, NFL Network's Ian Rappaport hears the following from around the league regarding the Bills:

The
' QB situation is certainly a question mark. The other thing is, I hear nothing but good things around the league when it comes to eventual GM Doug Whaley and CEO Russ Brandon. It's rare you hear such positive reviews about, well, anything, but these two are respected. Brandon for his ability to be an administrator, Whaley for his personnel prowess. People love old
alums, and Whaley would like to build in the model of what we see in Pittsburgh. The phrase I heard most often with regard to Buffalo's situation? "

BOOOOOOOOOOOM! Thank you Ralph for stepping down!

They can hire Whisenhunt or Horton and claim whichever one was their first choice.

As they did with Gailey--- which helped feed the negative perception, for a time. That's all I intended with that post. If it was not artfully written, then I apologize for any confusion. I want to see the Bills organization return to being a desirable location--- it appears that may have already begun, to some degree, and I hope it continues.

point taken... there is a lot to talk about.

Sadly I have a job that requires me to spend hours in meetings on a weekly basis. I like my job and often discuss important things but at no point ever could meetings extend to 7 hours.

Doesn't make any sense at all.......sounds like an agent talking to a chatty reporter to keep up the media coverage of their client, which I say "good for them" That is what they should do

From what I gather in these interviews you can cover everything from power structure, to scheme, to assistant coaches, to facilities, budgets, roster, to where they'd live and what the cities like, where kids go to school, to how they run practices on down to how they plan on running away game travel schedules.... With chip having never been in the nfl, I imagine they would want to pick his brain a lot, and vice versa given our unique and changing front office.

Edited by NoSaint

The

F**K YEAH!!!

The

Well this is interesting to read.

Would someone like Chip Kelly actually perceive Brandon, Whaley, and Kelly himself to be a potential "dream team" rolling forward?

The

And I noticed this earlier:

Bills Daily@billsdaily

Lovie Smith's Son RT @Matt_Smith_IMG: Know this #BillsMafia, regardless of who next HC may be, you're in GREAT hands with @russbrandon !!!!!

The

Holy crap, I never thought those words would be used to describe the Bills

F**K YEAH!!!

Amen!

Well this is interesting to read.

Would someone like Chip Kelly actually perceive Brandon, Whaley, and Kelly himself to be a potential "dream team" rolling forward?

It fully depends on to what degree Whaley and Brandon have embraced Kelly's philosophy as far as in-game management and roster building. Despite the fact Brandon said the organization will embrace football analytics, it's possible they're not quite "all in" to the extent that Kelly would find desirable.

And I noticed this earlier:

Bills Daily@billsdaily

Lovie Smith's Son RT @Matt_Smith_IMG: Know this #BillsMafia, regardless of who next HC may be, you're in GREAT hands with @russbrandon !!!!!

Yes, the tide is turning. Russ and Doug appear to be impressing across the board.

Holy crap, I never thought those words would be used to describe the Bills

It's reason to feel good going forward.