New title: The Crusaders

Fezmid

The Chiefs?  Come again?

The Falcons. Vick runs for 900 yards this year.

Let's see how the Eagles do without TO.

The Jets have Curtis Martin.  McGahee is NOT Curtis Martin..yet.

Switching the QB isn't going to solve all the inefficiencies in this team.  You'd think a "coach" would know that.

195040[/snapback]

Dude, you're in BF territory with this run of posts... I'll leave this alone, because it's obvious your football knowledge is Theisman-esque, but to end, the Chiefs have 1 receiving option. Ditto the Eagles, ditto the Falcons. According to you, a good offense needs more than that. The Bills have at least 2. In the 6-game winning streak, Bledsoe did a great job getting them the ball, especially on 3rd down. In the Steelers game and the rest of the season, Bledsoe was horrendous on third down, plus he turned the ball over at an alarming rate. His numbers during those games are comparable to Kerry Collins, Jeff Garcia, Kyle Boller and Kurt Warner - 3 has-beens and 1 never-to-be. No one is suggesting it's all his fault (or at least I'm not), but let's face it - this team is as good as it's gonna get with him at the helm. Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart each performed better in the same exact offense.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True irony if you consider the source. You could replace Moulds with Bledsoe in your original post and it would make alot more sense. Moulds is double teamed every play. Hes an unbeleivable blocker who hustles his ass off every play. He has a tremendous work ethic and might be the best athlete on the Bills. He has done everything to remain loyal to the Bills and he has kicked ass for us ever since his second year. But in your eyes its not Drew- its Eric. BTW as far as character- you are oozing with it. Very classy referring to JP as JP Loserman. I might add very mature.

195039[/snapback]

I don't understand why Moulds is untouchable with so many fans. He complains and cries about not seeing the ball enough and when Bledsoe tries to give it to him he drops the ball in key situations. HE LEADS THE LEAGUE IN DROPPED PASSES.

Then fickle fans say Bledsoe "locks on to Moulds". Bledsoe can't win no matter what he does.

If you don't see a dramatic drop off in Moulds since the hamstring last year then I think you have your mind made up about him regardless of what goes on on the field. He's no longer a #1 receiver. Had he simply done his job in several games this year the Pitt victory might not have been necessary.

bull sh-- Moulds leads the league in dropped passed. That would be Daryl Jackson. Koren Robinson is second.

And if Moulds has dropped off so bad in your eyes- why the hell do defenses put an extra defender covering him?

Link?  You just made this up!

Must... use... ignore... feature...

195068[/snapback]

It's an opinion, kinda like, "the QB sucks".

And do please ignore, you wouldn't want a dissenting opinion to get

intertwined with the Bledsoe sucks groupthink that goes on in here.

195071[/snapback]

HE LEADS THE LEAGUE IN DROPPED PASSES. is not an opinion- its an outright lie

195071[/snapback]

No, Pete's right - it's a blatant lie.  "Moulds sucks" would be the analogous opinion.  Good luck with the G.E.D.

195071[/snapback]

Done.

Dude, you're in BF territory with this run of posts...  I'll leave this alone, because it's obvious your football knowledge is Theisman-esque, but to end, the Chiefs have 1 receiving option.  Ditto the Eagles, ditto the Falcons.  According to you, a good offense needs more than that.  The Bills have at least 2.  In the 6-game winning streak, Bledsoe did a great job getting them the ball, especially on 3rd down.  In the Steelers game and the rest of the season, Bledsoe was horrendous on third down, plus he turned the ball over at an alarming rate.  His numbers during those games are comparable to Kerry Collins, Jeff Garcia, Kyle Boller and Kurt Warner - 3 has-beens and 1 never-to-be.  No one is suggesting it's all his fault (or at least I'm not), but let's face it - this team is as good as it's gonna get with him at the helm.  Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart each performed better in the same exact offense.

195048[/snapback]

The 4 teams you named you claim did well with one receiving option. First off the Chiefs didn't do well. Are they in the playoffs? Is their record better than ours?

Eagles have 1 option because Terrell Owens is now injured. They are going nowhere without him.

The Jets squeaked into the playoffs because we lost. They have 3 viable receivers and a running back that is better than McGahee.

Price caught around 100 passes and had 1000 yards his last year here. Michael Vick can't throw the ball and Losman won't be running like Vick my friend.

To suggest this team "is as good as it gets" with him at the helm is to ignore alot of other problems that should be fixed and would make this team better with any QB.

To suggest this team "is as good as it gets" with him at the helm is to ignore alot of other problems that should be fixed and would make this team better with any QB.

195081[/snapback]

But the two points are mutually exclusive, because the QB is widely viewed as a problem that needs to be fixed.

But the two points are mutually exclusive, because the QB is widely viewed as a problem that needs to be fixed.

195090[/snapback]

They are certainly not mutually exclusive.

If the supposition is that the team (its record I assume he is suggesting) can be no better with him(Bledsoe) at the helm, then the postulate would imply that no changes would, should or could be made with the rest of the team.

The subjective comment that the "QB is widely viewed as a problem that needs to be fixed" has no bearing on the premise. It is an opinion with no empirical basis and can't be used to support either side of an argument.

Bledsoe is coming off another mediocre year, has a [b]#1 draft pick protege [/b]waiting in the wings and plays one of the key positions on the team.  What do you want people to debate...Clements vs. Greer, McGahee vs. Williams, Evans versus fast Freddie, Spikes versus Haggans???

193830[/snapback]

Who should have been a second or third rounder.

But, that's TD's fault for getting bit by the "I wanna QB now bug" and tryining to keep up with the Jones!

He (TD) really has worked you crusaders "over."

:huh::o:wacko:

Signed,

DrewsadderInIllinois (DIL)

:):P

Yes, heaven forbid :P the team actually try and improve, and even worse, have fans that would like to see the team improve.

But by all means, don't say anything disparaging about Captain Mannequin. I mean, we were only playing for a shot at the playoffs. :)

The most important thing is that Drew Bledsoe is consoled and pampered over this latest sour note. His, albeit very small and continually dwindling, legion of fans will continue on, oblivious to the obvious.....that Drew + a career in the NFL = well burnt toast.

:wacko:

Within the mix of a football team, or for this discussion the 11 players on offense, there is no one position that is more important than the other 10.

194787[/snapback]

Hey AKC..just a reminder to answer these questions. How long does it take to type yes or no three times? :)

Since you responded to my post with the same statement I questioned to begin with, I'll ask again and a simple yes or no will suffice. No need to ramble on for several paragraphs that isn't needed. I'm using the same word you used "important"...

Manning more important to the Colt offense than Tupe Peko...YES or NO

Vick more important to Atlanta offense than Dez White...YES or NO

Culpepper more important to the Minnesota offense than Bryant McKinnie...YES or NO

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Everyone LOVES to talk about how Moulds dropped a couple passes,

AND YET,

HOW MANY PASSES did Bledsoe throw that were inaccurate, or downright bad?

A HECK of a lot more bad plays that Eric.

Since you responded to my post with the same statement I questioned to begin with, I'll ask again and a simple yes or no will suffice.  No need to ramble on for several paragraphs that isn't needed.  I'm using the same word you used "important"...

Manning more important to the Colt offense than Tupe Peko...YES or NO

Vick more important to Atlanta offense than Dez White...YES or NO

Culpepper more important to the Minnesota offense than Bryant McKinnie...YES or NO

194856[/snapback]

Since you're struggling so much with the most basic of concepts let me break it down even further for you. On some teams the QB is their most important offensive player, but it's not exclusive. So let me say it another way because you apparently are unable to remove your blinders about the position. On some teams their most important player is a RT, on others a WR and on others and OC. The reason you struggle to understand this is apparently because you spend all your time wathcing the ball during a game and you consequently fail to see the difference makers on any team. It's fine you choose to believe it- you're like 80% of the casual fans of football who are naive enough to believe that foolishness and I don't intent to make you any more knowledgeable a fan than you have chosen to be.

As to your "yes" and "no" questions you again have zero perspective as to my observations- and I'm perfectly willing to prove how little you know about football by asking you to list, in order of importance and impact to the team, the starting players on the Buffalo Bills offense this past season.

This should be incredibly simple for you because you have a flawed, and static, view of the importance of players based upon their positions versus the actual dynamic importance structure that exists in any organization based upon many dynamics including scheme, opponent, personnel and sideline decisions. Yours will read something like this:

QB

RB

WR

TE

etc.

etc.