The pick is in...........

I really like Tajh Boyd if he declares. Very accurate passer and can run like RG3. Not a real big guy, but neither is Russell Wilson.

Kansas City?

Mark my words ...when Wilson takes a big hit at his size,and he will. He will become a different Q.B. In a couple years at his size he will wear down and not be as good.

Who's he going to?

Guess.................. The Bills.

Mark my words ...when Wilson takes a big hit at his size,and he will. He will become a different Q.B. In a couple years at his size he will wear down and not be as good

Wilson is 5'11", 206 lbs, Boyd is 6'1", 225 lbs, so he is bigger than Wilson. But any QB that takes too many shots isn't going to last long. Look at Vick(6'0", 215 lbs) and even RG3 (6'2", 217 lbs) has been getting blasted a lot this year. I like the idea of having a mobile QB, but not one that takes off and runs too often.

It looks like Q.B. Mike Glennon. Great deep ball throws. Looks to me as the top Q.B. Everyone has his faults,but he seems to have the most upside. Merry Christmas everyone

I whose eyes. Landry Jones has far more upside and has accomplished more than any QB coming out has. He has the size, arm strength and experience playing vs. top qualityc ompetition as well as playing in a pro-style offense. Glennon is a later round prospect with potential, but not the top flight guy. But we all the the Bills will pick a CB anyway...

It looks like Q.B. Mike Glennon. Great deep ball throws. Looks to me as the top Q.B. Everyone has his faults,but he seems to have the most upside. Merry Christmas everyone

I whose eyes. Landry Jones has far more upside and has accomplished more than any QB coming out has. He has the size, arm strength and experience playing vs. top qualityc ompetition as well as playing in a pro-style offense. Glennon is a later round prospect with potential, but not the top flight guy. But we all the the Bills will pick a CB anyway...

Or a RB.

Bad deep ball thrower. Has trouble with good teams I`m told. Sound familiar

I've seen Glennon play quite a bit over the last two years and while he has a great arm and size, he certainly isn't a first rounder and probably isn't a second or third rounder either. I'd be really disappointed if the Bills took him in any of the first three rounds.

I've seen Glennon play quite a bit over the last two years and while he has a great arm and size, he certainly isn't a first rounder and probably isn't a second or third rounder either. I'd be really disappointed if the Bills took him in any of the first three rounds.

Senior bowl might tell us some more. Highlights looked good to me.

Senior bowl might tell us some more. Highlights looked good to me.

I like EJ Manuel a whole lot. Even possibly better than Geno Smith. I don't think Glennon is close to the prospect that Manuel is because of the body size, athletic ability and accuracy he has over Glennon. I just finished watching Manuel's and Glennon's games vs Clemson this year and Manuel looks like a superb version of Russell Wilson. Glennon looked like the second coming of the lead-footed statue known as Drew Bledsoe.

Manuel serious looks like Cam Newton to me. But this guy doesn't seem to have the personality issues. I just don't get why Manuel is not being touted as the best QB in this draft. I hope his stock doesn't rise and the Bills take him with their first pick. The sign Vick for a year and let Manuel sit and learn next season.

Yeah, I don't want the Bills to spend a top 10 pick on him.

Glennon is a first-rounder; whether he plays up to it in the future is another matter. But it's a QB-driven league and he's got the best physical tools in a weak QB class.

I'm worried about his YPA in college but his Youtube highlights are impressive. Overall, I would not be against drafting him in the first round. We are desperate. Let's at least try for a QB with some upside. If he fails, he fails. But try.

Draft guru Mel Kiper of ESPN has identified Westfield High graduate Mike Glennon as potentially the top pick among quarterbacks in the 2013 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-6, 232-pound Glennon is a two-year starter and fifth-year senior at N.C. State.

"It's still pretty wide open to see who the first quarterback taken will be," Kiper said in a Tuesday teleconference. "If I had to guess right now, I would say Mike Glennon. ... He has a very good chance to emerge as a top-15 pick in the first round and certainly be the first quarterback off the board."

Glennon led the ACC in passing yards, completing 295 of 511 throws for 3,648 yards, with 30 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. His 131.6 efficiency rating fell short of his 136.4 mark last year when he took over for Russell Wilson, who transferred to Wisconsin after graduating from N.C. State.

Kiper acknowledged that a few months ago, Glennon ranked below Matt Barkley (USC), Geno Smith (West Virginia) and Logan Thomas (Virginia Tech). But the stock of those quarterbacks has fallen while Glennon's has remained steady.

Departed Tom O'Brien, coach this year at N.C. State (7-5) and formerly the coach at Boston College, compared Glennon to another college player he coached, Matt Ryan, when Glennon ascended to the starting role in 2011. He threw 61 touchdown passes in his two seasons as a starter with the Music City Bowl still left to be played in Nashville, Tenn., on Dec. 31 against Vanderbilt.

Glennon, the younger brother of former Virginia Tech quarterback Sean Glennon, led Westfield to the Group AAA, Division?6 state championship as a senior in 2007 with a 15-0 record and was a two-time all-state performer there. He was also named the Gatorade state player of the year as a senior.

"He's got the size. He's got the arm. He's got the mobility within the framework of the pocket," Kiper said. "He didn't have a great supporting cast around him. He's gonna be at the Senior Bowl, as will some of these other quarterbacks. That's gonna be an important week."

- Kevin Dunleavy

http://washingtonexaminer.com/mel-kiper-mike-glennon-could-be-top-qb-in-draft/article/2515692

Edited by independent

Glennon is a first-rounder; whether he plays up to it in the future is another matter. But it's a QB-driven league and he's got the best physical tools in a weak QB class.

I'm worried about his YPA in college but his Youtube highlights are impressive. Overall, I would not be against drafting him in the first round. We are desperate. Let's at least try for a QB with some upside. If he fails, he fails. But try.

Even if the pick is, say, #7 overall? Personally, I'd love a trade down, to the mid-late teens/early 20s. Pick up an extra pick or 2, if possible. Grab a couple of LBs, a QB, C/OT, WR and S.

It looks like Q.B. Mike Glennon. Great deep ball throws. Looks to me as the top Q.B. Everyone has his faults,but he seems to have the most upside. Merry Christmas everyone.

This will be one of the thousand threads pertaining to the Bills draft picks next year. And it will be one of the thousand threads that is POINTLESS as long as Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt are running the team.

Players will only make a difference if they are led by competent people. It is like putting premium fuel in a car with a faulty engine. It won't make a difference until you fix the problem. The problem is mediocre talent in the front office and the coaching staff.

Chan Gailey could make Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin look like a bust.

Mark my words ...when Wilson takes a big hit at his size,and he will. He will become a different Q.B. In a couple years at his size he will wear down and not be as good.

Guess.................. The Bills.

Dude, you are SO wrong.

Trust me, Just because Wilson avoids hits, DOES NOT mean he can't take one.

This kid is WAY, tougher than you think. However, he's not a simpleton, so don't expect him to needlessly take on ends and LB's.

There's something else you havent figured on... It is VERY HARD for a big, flying, LB, or DE to get a decent bead on a little guy like Wilson. #1 He's diminutive #2 He's elusive. Seven times out of ten, it'll be a swing and a miss.

Even if you're right, and he does get worn down, It'll probably be after he's got a couple NFC titles and/or SBrings. I find it amazing how you haters just keep on comin'.