CJ vs. B.Sanders

Who is Yuri?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ is the quickest back in space that I can remember ever having seen. Not comparing him to anyone though. There are a number of great backs. Each one is in a class by himself IMO. My personal fav is Gale Sayers. Who knows maybe CJ will someday make it into that select group, but it is unlikely. He's a hell of a back tho.

i like cj a lot and i am glad he's on my team, but barry sanders was incredible. the speed, quickness, agility, balance and vision were unparallelled by anyone i have ever seen. he did things on a football field that made you wonder if he was truly human. he made defenders look absolutely stupid several times a game, and there were times it seemed he would make all 11 defenders miss on one run, some of them twice.

I won't believe you can simply throw these numbers out there (simply multiplying his current ypc times a number twice as large as his carries) until he actually has a season with at least 300 carries.

Yep. There's no evidence that Spiller's YPC numbers would stay above 6 in a season with 300 carries, and they probably wouldn't. AP's season has been amazing.

Yep. There's no evidence that Spiller's YPC numbers would stay above 6 in a season with 300 carries, and they probably wouldn't. AP's season has been amazing.

Once again I'm not comparing CJ to Barry in any way, or any other back for that matter. Im just supporting my belief that he can be a 2000 yd rusher if given the chance. CJ's 2012 season avg after today is a 6.47. In his 5 best games his avg 7.8 and in his 5 highest carries/game its 6.9. In his 5 highest games for carries he has 624 yds on 90 carries. This being said, its showing his avg is easily sustainable or improved with more carries.

Heard some non-Bills fans recently comparing CJ to Sanders in that both are/were being wasted on teams that are terrible and irrelevant. That hurt when i heard that,

It's so true. Talent like CJ deserves to be on a winning team. Hopefully we can provide it, but if not, I wish him luck in the future on _____ (Patriots, lol).

there's also no evidence to support the statement that his YPC would dip with more than 300 carries in a season.

there's also no evidence to support the statement that his YPC would dip with more than 300 carries in a season.

Don't get me wrong here as I would like to see Spiller given the ball 20+ per game to see if he can handle the load but....

....there is some evidence suggesting that his ypc would drop if given full time RB duties. For most of the season it was Fred Jackson who took the short yardage and goal line situations. These plays usually incur a lower ypc than regular plays.....therefore if Spiller were to regularly be called upon in short yardage it stands to reason that his overall ypc would drop, if only by a small amount.

Comparing CJ Spiller to Barry Sanders is like comparing a squirt gun to nuclear weapon. Somone aint playin with even close to a full deck.

Hyperbole - an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally... unfortunately I think the poster actually means to compare Barry Sanders and CJ Spiller

Just for fun, I watched some Sanders highlights. Stop.

He had no QB, no line, and the other team always knew he was going to get the ball. He may not have been the best, but he was the most exciting RB I ever saw. They won't show all his 2 yard games but Sanders was exciting every time he touched the football.

How good was Sanders in pass protection?

For Scott Mitchell? Why bother?

CJ, to my eye, is the best runner of the football that I have ever seen.

I was born in 1980, for reference, and watch 1-2 football games per week, since I can remember.

CJ makes me laugh, he is so good at cutting and running.

So I already think he is better than Barry.

You know what makes me laugh...this thread. I love Spiller and I would say he is in the top 3 RBs in the NFL right now and can still get better. But Barry Sanders is by far the superior back and the best RB to ever play the game...period. Jim Brown often is ranked ahead of him, but Brown was dominant because he was bigger and stronger than anyone in the league at that time. Jim Brown in today's NFL would be another Jerome Bettis at best...still a great back, but not even close to best ever. Barry in Browns Era would have doubled Browns production. Barry in ANY era of football...today, 10 years ago, or 40 years ago would dominate and be the best RB in football.

PS: go watch "A football life: Barry Sanders" that recently aired on the NFL network. You will never make such a ridiculous comparison again in terms of Barry. It was an awesome episode!!

Edited by Alphadawg7