RGIII fined $10,000...

I wonder if the players get any proceeds from this deal with Nike? In fact, where does it go at all?

Nope, part of the SPC, or standard player contract. They can have their own deals, but when at games, practices or other official NFL events, they can only wear the official NFL stuff.

Nike should be fined for the awful collars on NFL jerseys

and the aweful material and stupid patch looking plate that the numbers are on.

I really wanted to buy a Mario, or Stevie, or CJ, or Gilmore but I refuse to buy these absolutely horrible looking and horrible feeling jerseys.

Nope - that's a high dollar contract. He gets paid enough that the nfl gets to tell him he can't get his own outside deal from Adidas. With the money the nfl negotiates in these deals that's very fair I think.

i understand the fact that Nike is the proud sponsor for the NFL. I get they are allowed to have thier names on everything NFL including the players. But... They do, in the game. To fine somebody for wearing a sweaty old t shirt under his jersey is taking it too far.

If he shows up to an event does he have to wear a Nike suit? Or can he wear his Other thousand dollar suits and have pictures taken of him? If he's out at a restaurant personally does he have to wear Nike? Chances are no. Hell, I know people the work at GM that drive Fords, does that mean they should be fined?

It's just a bit too far IMO.

Players are prohibited from wearing, displaying, or otherwise conveying personal messages either in writing or illustration.

Unless there has been a national tragedy and the league can look good by looking the other way.

Pretty sure that is for on the field attire. Could be wrong about that.

i understand the fact that Nike is the proud sponsor for the NFL. I get they are allowed to have thier names on everything NFL including the players. But... They do, in the game. To fine somebody for wearing a sweaty old t shirt under his jersey is taking it too far.

If he shows up to an event does he have to wear a Nike suit? Or can he wear his Other thousand dollar suits and have pictures taken of him? If he's out at a restaurant personally does he have to wear Nike? Chances are no. Hell, I know people the work at GM that drive Fords, does that mean they should be fined?

It's just a bit too far IMO.

Pretty sure that is for on the field attire. Could be wrong about that.

It was an nfl sponsored post game press conference in an nfl stadium, minutes after an nfl game standing at an nfl podium with mandated attendance by nfl rules. Not quite the same as wearing a suit to a private dinner.

Rg3 wanted to get paid by his personal sponsor, Adidas, to wear their very much not sweaty shirt in front of cameras so it'd be on all the post game shows. It was a clean, pressed shirt with an Adidas logo that was HUGE and perfectly displayed with his unzipped jacket. It was no mistake.

Methinks you aren't totally familiar if you think this was just a ratty t-shirt that he happened to have under a jersey while playing. He was out last week.

Edited by NoSaint

Nope - that's a high dollar contract. He gets paid enough that the nfl gets to tell him he can't get his own outside deal from Adidas. With the money the nfl negotiates in these deals that's very fair I think.

Exactly. RG3 is an employee of the NFL, and any individual employment contracts he wishes to enjoy while still obligated to his NFL contract are subject to the NFL contract.

Disagree kinda funny If ten posters repeated it it might be a cornball move.

Keep on keepin on sod. I laughed 10k for shirt ? Brutal

It's cause Adidas would pay half that just to have him ignore the rule. Easily.

Heck, even at 10k how much exposure did they get?

It was an nfl sponsored post game press conference in an nfl stadium, minutes after an nfl game standing at an nfl podium with mandated attendance by nfl rules. Not quite the same as wearing a suit to a private dinner.

Rg3 wanted to get paid by his personal sponsor, Adidas, to wear their very much not sweaty shirt in front of cameras so it'd be on all the post game shows. It was a clean, pressed shirt with an Adidas logo that was HUGE and perfectly displayed with his unzipped jacket. It was no mistake.

Methinks you aren't totally familiar if you think this was just a ratty t-shirt that he happened to have under a jersey while playing. He was out last week.

i am unfamiliar with it. Didnt read the article. Didnt see any pics. It's just a little much IMO. Not a fan. It might be an NFL game and an NFL podium but the uniform rules are in place for NFL games. On the field. While in Nike jerseys.

It might be the right thing technically, I just think the NFL is taking it too far. If they don't allow it, then they shouldn't allow players to have individual contracts with other apparel companies. That's all I'm saying.

My guess is Adidas has no problem paying this fine for him (at least in the future).

The fact that there is news of this fine is even betterfor Adidas

Next time he should do it naked, or at least shirtless.

Edited by peterpan