Obama takes no action on gun control;

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless, of course, you read what he said rather than what you think he meant. Scalia's clearly stated that guns could be regulated. His answers were measured & rightly so.

I love the way you guys interpret things. "We don't need more gun control" somehow means we need RPGs & automatic weapons. It would be like if you said "premarital sex should not be illegal" & I responded "why do you need to sleep with 8 year olds?"

Yes Rob, they always take it to the extreme. I don't think any of the people here who are against the new regulations are blood thirsty and want to see anyone get hurt. They just have a better understanding of the Constitution and the ramifications of allowing non-sensical regulations to be made into law. Tasker has them all up in arms so to speak, (squealing like Ned Beatty in the woods) because he's telling them what he would be willing to do as a last effort. They don't understand that at some point in time a line needs to be drawn in the sand. In fact, Neville Chamberlain comes to mind here. He personifies our modern liberals.

I think I just had an epithany. Absent for some time is our most prolific poster, the guy from our nations Capital that would round out the threesome with Dick and Harry. A full 75% of his posts were simply calling someone an idiot. The question is, did he leave because the low hanging fruit was no longer here or did he have numerous aliases to pad that total, and Tom he is somehow incapacitated?

I think I just had an epithany. Absent for some time is our most prolific poster, the guy from our nations Capital that would round out the threesome with Dick and Harry. A full 75% of his posts were simply calling someone an idiot. The question is, did he leave because the low hanging fruit was no longer here or did he have numerous aliases to pad that total, and Tom he is somehow incapacitated?

The same thing occurred to me, although I'm inclined to doubt it, but who knows. I must say, it was a little more interesting with old Tom around here.

Maybe it is a self-imposed exile.

It's possible that his wife told him that she wasn't going to be called an idiot and a !@#$ing moron ever again and he's trying to change his ways. Watcha think guys, is DCTom this pu$$y whipped guy that pretends to be a Napolian type?

Yes Rob, they always take it to the extreme. I don't think any of the people here who are against the new regulations are blood thirsty and want to see anyone get hurt. They just have a better understanding of the Constitution and the ramifications of allowing non-sensical regulations to be made into law. Tasker has them all up in arms so to speak, (squealing like Ned Beatty in the woods) because he's telling them what he would be willing to do as a last effort. They don't understand that at some point in time a line needs to be drawn in the sand. In fact, Neville Chamberlain comes to mind here. He personifies our modern liberals.

taking it to extremes? did you even read the piece i linked? scalia really believes the second amendment, in todays world, is still about forming a miltia so that a recurrence of 17th century english tyranny can't happen again (while admitting that small arms are unlikely to accomplish much in the way of change of a modern government). this is just ridiculous, as the writer points out. democracies, in the modern world, are almost never overturned through force. armed regime change hasn't recently happened through small arms but through powerful military weapons provided by sympathetic superpowers. yet scalia gets bogged down by the word "bear" to define what arms should be available to the public. joking or not, discussing the legality of shoulder fired weapons that can bring down planes on fox news is extreme...especially for a supreme court justice.

Edited by birdog1960