Buffalo Bills Pursuing Continuity With Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey

ThrowingFitz

How would the team’s brass react if next seasons home opener sells out but no fans actually go into the game until the 2nd quarter so there are no Bills fans in the stadium at the opening kickoff? Or what if every fan in the stadium has a bag over their head with a personal message to Ralph written on it like “You got your money, now give us a real team” and no one stands up to cheer for the team; everyone just sits there as quiet as they can be for the whole game.

This already happens. As long as the Bills get $10 million per game, chances are they wouldn't care.

You jump out of the station wagon and "tweak" Gailey. We'll sit here and watch. :)

How much tweaking of the systems do you see Gailey and Wannstedt doing? Be honest.

How does "tweaking the system" help when the players have quit? How does the same guy walk into the same room and say "Listen up, I'm going to tweak a few things!" and turn into a leader of a group of guys that aren't even interested in trying? Are you expecting more than muffled laughter?

To the point, why bring back a coach which the players have lost faith in and given up on?

So what I'm hearing you say is, you're in the locker room and know exactly what's going on. Am I right?

You speak as if you know what's going on in the locker room.

However, seeing as none of us do there's no need to even bring that up, much less imply that you know better than most of the well-informed posters on this board.

Continuity matters not when you lose twice as much as you win...Period...End of story... B-)

The math is simple. As I've been trying to get through to H.S. in other threads, continuity is not important when it involves a coach who has won less than 1 in every 3 games.

The only continuity I have witnessed since the departure of Wade Phillips is the continuity of losing. I see no reason whatsoever to keep Chan Gailey on for any length of time - not even until tomorrow morning.

We are talking about a head coach who, week after week, season after season, has mismanaged his pool of talent while also proving to be an demonstrably unmitigated disaster at game management. A head coach so convinced of and enamored with his own brilliance that he consistently outsmarts himself. A head coach who, after a full complement of OTAs, minicamps, training camp, and preseason, declared that Trent Edwards gave the Bills the best chance to win - displaying his own toughness and hard-nosed attitude in the process by dressing down a rebellious gang of 12-year-old hooligans at St. Jon Fisher who dared to question Trentative's football acumen (and Gailey's sanity) - only to then realize just two weeks later what he should have seen - if he were indeed the QB developer and offensive genius we were misled to believe - what we already knew for at least two years (namely, that Trent sucks.) A head coach who is constantly out-coached, and who consistently loses to teams that - at least on paper - are of inferior talent.

It borders on the criminal that Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt were still employed as of 8:00 PM Sunday night, are still employed today, and that Ralph & Co. still keep reaching into my pocket 'til they've drained me of every last shekel.

No more. Not another freakin' dime, Ralph. You hear me, old man???

I'll always be a fan, but there's no way I'm opening my checkbook again for this abortion of a football operation until we see something drastic - like Bill Cowher as HC and Alex Van Pelt as OC,

Or, alternatively, as both HC & OC...

Mike Leach

GO BILLSSS!!!!

(And take the Sabres with you!!!!!)

The Senator has spoken.

No one is more informed OR partisan.

Man, there's going to be a lot of pissed off people on this board when Gailey and Nix are retained. Prepare youselves, perhaps you would prefer the Mayan's to be correct over that? I think that's the only thing that will change things, they'll be here next year and that's for the better IMHO.

So are you finally ready to put your money where your mouth is? Because you weren't yesterday.

So, what we need is, another 3 years and out, because that's what's worked in the past. Its worked out after Malarky (sp?) and the corpse to give them 3 years and then make them walk. Fans like you are apart of the new ADD generation, no patience, that means no continuity, and no chance at anything in the next few years.

Here's a question for you. How old are you and how long have you followed this team?

Plenty of first-year head coaches have overseen progression in the teams they took over. Go back in the annals and find a 15-31 coach having a good fourth year. Again, it doesn't happen.

I recently read a good analysis (I think by Tim Graham, but not sure) of coaches whose first 3 seasons were all losing records. (EDIT: Here's the link, and it was Mark Gaughan who did it.)

Only about 12 head coaches (EDIT: 11 in the last 25 years) have been brought back for a 4th season, and of them, only Belichick had a winning season (EDIT: playoff berth) in year 4, going 11-5 with the Browns. I just don't see anything in Gailey's record with the Bills that suggests that he can do significantly better than what he's already done.

The available evidence suggests overwhelmingly that coaches who suck in their first three years don't suddenly get better in their fourth year.

Continuity my ass.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's worked out well for us!

So we should have given Greg(g) Williams and Dick Jauron one additional season?

Of course nobody knew if Harbaugh would be this good.

Well, Harbaugh had a 15 year career as an NFL quarterback, was a 4-year letterman at Michigan, was All-American, helped his father Jack Harbaugh (highly successful head coach at Western Kentucky and Western Carolina) during the offseasons, turned around the University of San Diego program in one season taking them from a 1-win season to National Champions, and turned around the Stanford program in one season, routinely beating USC including the biggest upset in NCAA history. Jim's brother John preceded him as one of the best head coaches in the NFL.

So while one can say that nothing can be predicted with total certainty but there was no doubt in MANY people's minds that Jim Harbaugh was gonna be a great head coach in the NFL.

What I'm saying, is there have been plenty of coaches that have had a "track record" of success. Look at Spurrier for example

A wholesale change is not needed.

Spurrier had a great college career as a QB, had really no NFL career to speak of, and never coached in the NFL at any level. There were plenty of people who didn't think Spurrier was gonna be a great coach.

Your premise is that Gailey WILL be just as bad next year. I'm saying, thats not necessarily true. Agree to disagree.

Okily dokily.

Im actually hoping for continuity for one reason alone. To crush your opinions into the ground over and over again. I want your fandom to be crushed.

For 1 reason alone. Because with the Bills continuing with this piece of crap FO and coaching staff, they are personally doing these things to you. All while emptying your pockets and laughing about it the entire time.

Whoa Nellie!

You're the guy who's a longtime season ticket holder stating that you'll always buy tickets. You (quite possibly more than Ham Sandw(_)ich) is subsidizing the Bills mediocrity.

I do not love Chan Gailey, merely think he's the better alternative to bringing in a whole new crew.

Which whole new crew are you talking about?

Fantaical does not = blind faith.

How do you reconcile that with your statement "I stand by my Bills and stand by whatever decision they make?"

What most of Bills fans fail to realize is once a great HC is hired everything changes !!

The difference is, Chan Gailey is someone who has experience as an NFL head coach and can go through all the procedures of building a semblance of a team, and yet its half-assed once he is done. What kind of coach marries himself to a broken QB for 3 years. Fitz has never been a winner in any aspect of his career. I mean once you realize Fitz isn't going to get it done (last half of 2011) its time to move on. Don't get me wrong I like Fitz, but this HC just can't figure out how to utilize him to win games.

The 4-3 to a 3-4 and then back to a 4-3 and 100 million on a DE, so many draft choices used on the defensive side and its still a bad defense.Hiring the wrong men to run the defense shows major ineptitude in selecting proper assistants.

Don't be afraid of change! Don't be sacred to make a change once you realize that you have the wrong man for the job. Its better to cut your losses and start over to find the right man then it is to keep dealing with idiots.

A great HC doesn't make stupid and foolish mistakes year after year. He knows what assistants to hire and what schemes to run that best suit his personnel. He knows player talent, knows how to utilize the players he has. All head coaches are not all created equal. Some, like Bill Belichick, who knows and understands every single aspect of the NFL game. Every position on both sides of the ball. He knows the difference between a decent assistant and how to create a great one. He knows and understands player talent at every level, and at every position. The man is so thorough in every detail. He watches endless hours of game film on players and opposing teams.

Not every head coach is a Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick, and it takes time to figure out what type of coach you hired as many have been around the NFL long enough so they can do the "coach speak". They can walk the walk, and talk the talk like a decent HC, but don't really have a clue how to build a winning program.

Even if that oblong spheroid bounces perfectly every game all season long for Chan Gailey he still wouldn't win because he doesn't know what he is doing! He doesn't know anything about the defense. He doesn't know best how to utilize his offensive players to win games. This has been evident by his schemes and play calling the last 3 years. The man might be well meaning, and have really good intentions. But we all know the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and they don't win football games.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Gailey is really really bad, but there are some worse. David Shula and Dave McGinnis are two recent ones.

Link

Thats 2. It's also barely in that 20 year time frame when continuity was more reasonable. When the FA craze wasn't as... Well... Crazy. When owners and FOs didn't demand instant results.

I get your point. Just saying. It doesn't happen a lot. If this was ANY other team in the league, Chan would be fired by now.

Whoa Nellie!

You're the guy who's a longtime season ticket holder stating that you'll always buy tickets. You (quite possibly more than Ham Sandw(_)ich) is subsidizing the Bills mediocrity.

Hey, I can wish other people to be miserable. I have no problem paying money to watch this crap. I enjoy the experience. If I moved there to San Jose, you better believe I would have Raiders season tickets because I love going to games. If Ham Sandwich wants to wish for continuity and continuously sucking. So be it. The facts are this: Ralph is gonna do what he wants to do, if Nix is still here he's gonna do what he wants to do, if Chans still here he's gonna do what he wants to do, and most likely if they are all still here, Fitz will still be here. We will most likely finish next season no different than this season and many here will be saying "I told you so". Either way, ill still be there enjoying my beer at 8am on game day. Ill still be there cooking my burgers, steaks, dogs, and sausages. And ill still be yelling and screaming when the players run out of that tunnel. I might be booing Chan, but hey, that'll be no different than this year either.

Well, Harbaugh had a 15 year career as an NFL quarterback, was a 4-year letterman at Michigan, was All-American, helped his father Jack Harbaugh (highly successful head coach at Western Kentucky and Western Carolina) during the offseasons, turned around the University of San Diego program in one season taking them from a 1-win season to National Champions, and turned around the Stanford program in one season, routinely beating USC including the biggest upset in NCAA history. Jim's brother John preceded him as one of the best head coaches in the NFL.

So while one can say that nothing can be predicted with total certainty but there was no doubt in MANY people's minds that Jim Harbaugh was gonna be a great head coach in the NFL.

Spurrier had a great college career as a QB, had really no NFL career to speak of, and never coached in the NFL at any level. There were plenty of people who didn't think Spurrier was gonna be a great coach.

Okily dokily.

Whoa Nellie!

Which whole new crew are you talking about?

How do you reconcile that with your statement "I stand by my Bills and stand by whatever decision they make?"

I dont even know where to begin with you, but I'll start with the who being in the locker room thing. I was not implying that I was, merely that the person who I gave that answer to, was acting as if he was in the locker room. I don't pretend to know more than others, let me know where I have said that.

Make excuses for Spurrier, but many people want to have a green college coach come in here and take the reigns.

I stand by my Bill's decision because I have no other choice. They're going to do what they want, and what else can I do other than stand by them? Go ahead and withhold your buying of merchandise (I bet you won't) and then watch the team get moved. Lose lose.

That's all I care to answer now. Try and keep up San Jose so I dont have to answer a trillion questions at once ;)

I dont even know where to begin with you, but I'll start with the who being in the locker room thing. I was not implying that I was, merely that the person who I gave that answer to, was acting as if he was in the locker room. I don't pretend to know more than others, let me know where I have said that.

Make excuses for Spurrier, but many people want to have a green college coach come in here and take the reigns.

I stand by my Bill's decision because I have no other choice. They're going to do what they want, and what else can I do other than stand by them? Go ahead and withhold your buying of merchandise (I bet you won't) and then watch the team get moved. Lose lose.

That's all I care to answer now. Try and keep up San Jose so I dont have to answer a trillion questions at once ;)

Ill chime in just because I like to get people worked up. And you must already be worked up because you said you were done trying to make your point and argue this about 2 pages ago.

Ill answer for SJBF because I know him personally and ill easily state that he WILL NOT buy Buffalo Bills Merch.

There's a HUGE difference between standing by the Bills decisions and hoping Chan returns. Of course none of us has a say in the matter ( as much as we like to hope we do) but we don't. Nix and the FO at OBD is going to do what they want to do regardless. But hoping for the return of possibly the worst head coach in Bills history is absolutely idiotic. He is 15-31 and probably going to be 15-33 by the end of the year. That's the equivalent of winning 5 games a year for the last 3 years. It's absolutely pathetic. It's worse than Dick Juron and we all know how much we hated him. Oh, and Dick Juron was probably more lively on the sidelines than Chan too. And we used to call him Skeletor. That's how bad Chan is.

You did make comments (not quoting or linking) suggesting you were more knowledgable about what the locker room is thinking. Nobody here does unless you name is John Warrow, or Tim Graham, or NGU, or maybe 2-3 others. And last I checked, you don't own a BMW.

Spurrier would be better than Chan. Anyone is. He has the worst or 2nd worst record as a HC in the entire league. It's horrible. Ill say it again, a monkey flinging poop at a board with plays on it would do a better job of play calling than Chan. Do you go to the stadium on game days? I do, I can tell you the entire section around me can predict what plays were going to call. What formations on downs. We know that when its 3rd and long, it'll be a screen or slant for short. We know when it's 3rd and short it'll be a 5wr set shotgun, empty backfield and a 30yard pass, incomplete of course. We know that when our defense must stop the opposing team from scoring they will methodically drive down the field and score with almost no time left on the clock. We know Fitz will throw his patented int to close out the game.

The fact is, we have what we have and there is no changing that fact. But to HOPE and WISH that this coach that has proven to be worst than the last 3 is retained just because you want continuity, is rediculous. Your being sold on the Bulls%#t by Nix and the FO at OBD that continuity is a good thing. It's only good when its in your favor. Not when you continually suck.

Edited by mrags

We did give Jauron an additional season. It was terrible. Ham Shandy keeps ignoring this, while avoiding every question/argument that's at the core of this discussion, and only arguing ridiculous peripherals like, "could anyone have predicted Jim Harbaugh would be a good coach or Steve Spurrier would be a bad coach?" or "how do we know the players have lost confidence?"

I certainly don't know for sure, but after 8 pages of this thread, it seems to me that our friend Hambone Calrissian is either very young or a troll. If it's the former, free pass. I was probably worse at that age. If it's the latter, it's frankly one of the more annoying trolls I've seen. But that's just my preference; I much prefer the over-the-top comedic trolling of a crayonz or a Jimmy Spaghetti, Boastful Jets Fan. (I know he didn't/doesn't call himself Jimmy Spaghetti, but I'm not looking it up. Close enough.) I mean, I give credit for getting me to bite so many times, but it's pretty weak bait. Start arguing that losing to Seattle gives us a playoff tiebreaker and have people take that bait, now that's what impresses me.

Bills continuity does not mean continual employment for the mentally handicapped. I'll be interested in the Bills again when both of those fools are gone( Nix the fool for keeping Gailey and not upgrading QB).

Edited by AJ1

Ill chime in just because I like to get people worked up. And you must already be worked up because you said you were done trying to make your point and argue this about 2 pages ago.

Ill answer for SJBF because I know him personally and ill easily state that he WILL NOT buy Buffalo Bills Merch.

There's a HUGE difference between standing by the Bills decisions and hoping Chan returns. Of course none of us has a say in the matter ( as much as we like to hope we do) but we don't. Nix and the FO at OBD is going to do what they want to do regardless. But hoping for the return of possibly the worst head coach in Bills history is absolutely idiotic. He is 15-31 and probably going to be 15-33 by the end of the year. That's the equivalent of winning 5 games a year for the last 3 years. It's absolutely pathetic. It's worse than Dick Juron and we all know how much we hated him. Oh, and Dick Juron was probably more lively on the sidelines than Chan too. And we used to call him Skeletor. That's how bad Chan is.

You did make comments (not quoting or linking) suggesting you were more knowledgable about what the locker room is thinking. Nobody here does unless you name is John Warrow, or Tim Graham, or NGU, or maybe 2-3 others. And last I checked, you don't own a BMW.

Spurrier would be better than Chan. Anyone is. He has the worst or 2nd worst record as a HC in the entire league. It's horrible. Ill say it again, a monkey flinging poop at a board with plays on it would do a better job of play calling than Chan. Do you go to the stadium on game days? I do, I can tell you the entire section around me can predict what plays were going to call. What formations on downs. We know that when its 3rd and long, it'll be a screen or slant for short. We know when it's 3rd and short it'll be a 5wr set shotgun, empty backfield and a 30yard pass, incomplete of course. We know that when our defense must stop the opposing team from scoring they will methodically drive down the field and score with almost no time left on the clock. We know Fitz will throw his patented int to close out the game.

The fact is, we have what we have and there is no changing that fact. But to HOPE and WISH that this coach that has proven to be worst than the last 3 is retained just because you want continuity, is rediculous. Your being sold on the Bulls%#t by Nix and the FO at OBD that continuity is a good thing. It's only good when its in your favor. Not when you continually suck.

You've made made so many insinuations about me, I'm not even going to respond. Please, keep believing your own stuff. I never hoped and wished, I simply know the alternative is the more poisonous than keeping Chan. Thats it.

You've made made so many insinuations about me, I'm not even going to respond. Please, keep believing your own stuff. I never hoped and wished, I simply know the alternative is the more poisonous than keeping Chan. Thats it.

hes the worst coach we've possibly ever had. How is the alternative worse? And yes, you've said you want him back in the name of continuity. And the only insinuation I've made is that you don't know what's going on in the locker room anymore than any of us and you don't drive a BMW. Edited by mrags

Dear God how can some of you people be for keeping Gailey??? Because you think continuity will lead to this team improving? Please, Gailey had his chance. 3 years is enough time to show improvement, this team is a debacle, with arguably the most talent in years...

Sadly, the Bills are not an organization that cares about winning and Gailey will probably get brought back. We will be bad again next season and Gailey will either be fired in the middle or soon after it.

Continuity works when you have competent people in the right positions. Gailey is a retread, worn down, old homless guy.

Edited by kobe808lak

I don't feel like going through the previous 7 pages, but has anyone brought up the comment I heard on WGR this morning that "Saint Polian" even preached continuity and not continuing to fire the coaching staff.

I have said many times before, I think they can still stick with the idea of continuity and get rid of Chan. I can't see him staying around for another year, at his age, he just looks and sounds beaten. I see him retiring at the end of the year and passing his job of HC over to Wanstache (He's the only one with previous Head Coaching experience and it would only involve new co-ordinators he can pick to run the offence and defence)

Dear God how can some of you people be for keeping Gailey??? Because you think continuity will lead to this team improving? Please, Gailey had his chance. 3 years is enough time to show improvement, this team is a debacle, with arguably the most talent in years...

Sadly, the Bills are not an organization that cares about winning and Gailey will probably get brought back. We will be bad again next season and Gailey will either be fired in the middle or soon after it.

Continuity works when you have competent people in the right positions. Gailey is a retread, worn down, old homless guy.

Thisbis pretty much spot on. Ill add another detailed description here.

Gailey has not only not improved in 3 years. He's made the same mistakes over and over again despite the experience he should have gained from making the wrong decision after the first time.

I don't feel like going through the previous 7 pages, but has anyone brought up the comment I heard on WGR this morning that "Saint Polian" even preached continuity and not continuing to fire the coaching staff.

I have said many times before, I think they can still stick with the idea of continuity and get rid of Chan. I can't see him staying around for another year, at his age, he just looks and sounds beaten. I see him retiring at the end of the year and passing his job of HC over to Wanstache (He's the only one with previous Head Coaching experience and it would only involve new co-ordinators he can pick to run the offence and defence)

Id take it over Chan honestly.

Sign me up for some Pornstashe. I want a head coach that can't remember how to put the picture, the bible, and the football in the garbage can! 0:)

Totally disagree with that statement. They want to win as much as any team in the league. The problem is you have a 95 YO owner who use to get over involved, now for about the past 15 months is become under involved. If the Bill's were in a large city like Atlanta, NY, Dallas, it wouldn't matter, RW dies, someone else buys the team and things go on in the same city. Here there are too many unknowns. The Bill's have spent a lot of money on players over the years, just not wisely. The problem has been been RW doesn't seem to want to pay big $$ for coaches and front office types, or may be his accused meddling in the past prevented the team from hiring the best. But not having the best in the front office has caused them to spend the money on players, but again not wisely.

Actually there are two people in the organization that I'll agree I'm not totally convinced winning is there top priority and that's Littman and Overdolf (I think his name is). But even there, they are doing what RW tells them to do for the most part.

The truth emerges as the vote for actual "continuity" falls into the dust bin. The real reason you are so amendment about keeping the same regime intact is because you are terrified of losing the Buffalo Bills to a different city.

First, there are dozens of prospective GM's / HC's out there that could do much better then 6-10 / 7-9, and with a real president of the team in place they would easily find better people then Nix / Gailey. Thomas Dimitroff for example would make an excellent president of football operations. I have no doubts at all that Dimitroff would work his magic in Buffalo just like he did in New England and Atlanta. A young, brilliant football mind, who learned under the very best in the game.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/staff/Thomas-Dimitroff/5de3ec5a-4fb3-4766-aa9a-3907a563b09c

Second, I highly doubt that this owner would move the team out of the Buffalo area if ticket sales fell. The man has had 50+ years of chances to move and much better opportunities and during better times to make such a move. Ralph Wilson wouldn't move the team at this point in time. Instead he would most likely do what he did back in the late 70's, and that is hire a top winning HC. Like Bill Cowher or Andy Reid.

Third, why so worried about the team moving? This owner is such a PoCrap that he refuses to sell now to keep the team in Buffalo, refuses to setup a plan will force the new owner to keep the team in Western NY. So when he dies Bills fans are probably screwed anyway.

""But you've long refused to make arrangements for the team to stay in Buffalo after your passing. If the team leaves, which now seems likely, you'll be the only person to blame. And all the great things you've done will be meaningless. You won't be spoken of as a revered founding figure, a man who put others above himself. No, you will be remembered as a man for whom $800 million wasn't enough. Does your family really need a billion? Will it make a significant difference in their life? Probably not.

But Western New Yorkers will have lost something worth more than money. We have supported the team, and you, for the past 52 years. We've bought tickets and merchandise, cheered for the team when it won and still supported it when it lost. Without the support of the community, there would be no Buffalo Bills. The Bills and Western New York go hand in hand. You have a great opportunity. Sign a long-term, unbreakable lease on the stadium. Keep the Bills here permanently. ""

http://www.buffalorising.com/2012/11/ralph-wilson-secure-your-legacy.html

Ralph Wilson refuses to setup a legacy and the team will be sold to the highest bidder, who could move the team to Los Angles, London or elsewhere. So why support a blatant piece of :censored: like this?

Fourth, if the team does leave WNY, then why wouldn't the NFL give Buffalo a new franchise with a new owner? Jeez, the chance to finally have an owner that actually wants to win games instead of just making a profit! An owner that isn't afraid to spend money on a top GM, President, or head coach.

Jebus, Dave Wannstedt for HC? Someone who was worse at coaching then Chan Gailey :doh:

41-57 in Chicago as HC, one post season appearance in 6 years

42-31 in Miami as HC, after taking over from Jimmy Johnson who built a playoff team in Miami. but then the team fell apart in his last year there going 1-8, and he quit the team.

"Dave Wannstedt seemed like the ideal coordinator to direct the Buffalo Bills' new-look 4-3 defense. Instead, he has become just another symbol of failure for the downtrodden AFC East club.

What's been most alarming is how soft Wannstedt's group has been against the run. It defies belief that a front featuring defensive tackles Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams, can be 31st in rushing defense."

"Wannstedt has also failed to coax big production from prized free agent Mario Williams.

With the 3-5 Bills likely to again miss the playoffs, expect Wannstedt to be canned along with head coach Chan Gailey."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1401031-dave-wannstedt-and-4-nfl-coordinators-who-are-losing-their-jobs-this-season

Sign me up for some Pornstashe. I want a head coach that can't remember how to put the picture, the bible, and the football in the garbage can! 0:)

Read how Jason Cole feels about Dave Wannstooge,

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/10/31/3580436/buffalo-bills-dave-wannstedt-jason-cole-yahoo

"He stands up in front of the team in a pre-season, and he has a basket - like a trash basket - and then he's got four things. He's got a Bible, a family picture, a football and a brick, and he shows how if you keep everything in order, and keep
priorities right, the picture, the football and the Bible will all fit quite nicely in the basket. But if you add the brick - which he called 'distraction' - it won't fit.

"The only problem was that as he did it, he took everything out of the basket, and then he tried to put it back in. This was the football, the Bible and the picture - he tried to put them all back in, but he couldn't remember the way that they went back in. So he was fumbling around, and then the basket fell over in the middle of all of this. It began just sort of a comedy session.

"When he put the basket back in the locker room later in the week, the players were so frustrated with him that they took the stuff and threw it in the trash can."

Jebus, Dave Wannstedt for HC? Someone who was worse at coaching then Chan Gailey :doh:

42-31 in Miami as HC, after taking over from Jimmy Johnson who built a playoff team in Miami. but then the team fell apart in his last year there going 1-8, and he quit the team.

"Dave Wannstedt seemed like the ideal coordinator to direct the Buffalo Bills' new-look 4-3 defense. Instead, he has become just another symbol of failure for the downtrodden AFC East club.

What's been most alarming is how soft Wannstedt's group has been against the run. It defies belief that a front featuring defensive tackles Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams, can be 31st in rushing defense."

"Wannstedt has also failed to coax big production from prized free agent Mario Williams.

With the 3-5 Bills likely to again miss the playoffs, expect Wannstedt to be canned along with head coach Chan Gailey."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1401031-dave-wannstedt-and-4-nfl-coordinators-who-are-losing-their-jobs-this-season

Read how Jason Cole feels

his record as a head coach is 169 and 82. That sounds a LOT better than 15-33 doesn't it?

What's more alarming is how much people over rate Kyle Williams. He just isn't that good. And Dareus is either psychologically messed up over his brothers death or he's just another bust taken by the Bills.

Williams after his surgery has amassed a pretty solid outing this year. He's either over now or will most likely be over 10 sacks by the end of the year and that's more than we've had since the other over rated white boy Aaron Schobel retired.

Bleacher Report is a joke. Nobody takes it seriously.

This was back when we were 3-5. That's a lifetime ago. And multiple Chan screwups ago.

I really don't care about anything Jason Cole says. I'd much prefer what guys in this team say.

With that all said, I do not want Wanny to be the Bills next head coach. I would prefer him to Chan but I'd rather have someone from outside the organization instead. I really just wanted to argue and disprove your points right now. Chicken finger subs give me these fighting feelings. I feel like a Spanish Fighting Chicken "El Diablo".

http://bleacherrepor...obs-this-season

Read how Jason Cole feels about Dave Wannstooge,

http://www.buffaloru...ason-cole-yahoo

"He stands up in front of the team in a pre-season, and he has a basket - like a trash basket - and then he's got four things. He's got a Bible, a family picture, a football and a brick, and he shows how if you keep everything in order, and keep
priorities right, the picture, the football and the Bible will all fit quite nicely in the basket. But if you add the brick - which he called 'distraction' - it won't fit.

"The only problem was that as he did it, he took everything out of the basket, and then he tried to put it back in. This was the football, the Bible and the picture - he tried to put them all back in, but he couldn't remember the way that they went back in. So he was fumbling around, and then the basket fell over in the middle of all of this. It began just sort of a comedy session.

"When he put the basket back in the locker room later in the week, the players were so frustrated with him that they took the stuff and threw it in the trash can."

I'm not saying I was pro Wanstache, thats just what I see coming for next season.

As for your reasons not to want him, Those stats are actually better then Chans, and the Basket story part, who cares? So he screwed up a speech/analogy he was giving to the players, that means absolutly nothing, I'm sure Lombardi may have screwed up a speech in the locker room once or twice in his career. I'm sure they all weren't perfectly quotable masterpieces

And isn't Bleacher report basically a site where anybody can write for?