This is really simple

If you really hate the Bills game in Toronto, you don't have a realistic understanding of how small of a market Buffalo really is and you really don't understand how the NFL works. Grow up and quit your whining. This is the way it is and it has to be.

No it doesn't. It is only like this because of pure greed on behalf of the NFL, Ralph Wilson, and the rest of it's owners.

Hes not wrong

I disagree completely with this sentiment. I think he is wrong. Yes Buffalo is a small market but geographically they have a nice advantage of being the only team around. All the way to Utica the closest team is the Buffalo Bills. With a competitive product people would have no issue traveling to the games. With the product that has been put out the last decade plus it isn't worth people's time. With a competitive product young kids who would be the future fans wouldn't become pats*, giants, or jets fans. With a competitive product small areas such as Pittsburgh and Green Bay have thrived. I don't want the crap about the early 90's teams not selling out either - football was not near the giant that it is today. Popularity is at an all time high for this league and the Bills regularly sell out without a competitive team.

There is a theme - have a winner or even a competitive team that makes the playoffs once in a while, and there is no need to farm out games. Push the crap that they have? While I guess this is what needs to be done.

No it doesn't. It is only like this because of pure greed on behalf of the NFL, Ralph Wilson, and the rest of it's owners.

Greed is a good thing. It wakes you up for work. It moves you to better yourself and your kids. The NFL is the great product it is because of greed. If this is your real thoughts and feelings, you need to see more of the world.

Greed is a good thing. It wakes you up for work. It moves you to better yourself and your kids. The NFL is the great product it is because of greed. If this is your real thoughts and feelings, you need to see more of the world.

There's a difference between greed and ambition/motivation.

Greed in it's self doesn't wake me up each morning, needing the money to barely survive in a world full of greed does. I guess if that is what you mean, then ok, greed does wake me up. I tend to think different though.

I do not see the NFL as a great product as you do. If the NFL went away tomorrow I wouldn't miss it, so to me it isn't a "great product". An automobile, computer, dishwasher, clothes washer, refrigerator, cordless drill/screwdriver, etc are great products, the NFL, not so much it's just a way to kill a few hours and suck a few beers.

As far as seeing the world, you are right, I need to see more if it. I would love nothing more than to get lost in some small village in the Italian countryside and never have to use money, sipping wine and eating pasta with my family, not caring to ever see another Verizon, GM, McDonalds commercial or NFL game ever again.

Greed is a useful tool if done right. The NFL is over the top with greed (blackout rule) and not even close to being done right.

Edited by FreakPop

If you really hate the Bills game in Toronto, you don't have a realistic understanding of how small of a market Buffalo really is and you really don't understand how the NFL works. Grow up and quit your whining. This is the way it is and it has to be.

This is not Logical Reasoning.

I disagree completely with this sentiment. I think he is wrong. Yes Buffalo is a small market but geographically they have a nice advantage of being the only team around. All the way to Utica the closest team is the Buffalo Bills. With a competitive product people would have no issue traveling to the games. With the product that has been put out the last decade plus it isn't worth people's time. With a competitive product young kids who would be the future fans wouldn't become pats*, giants, or jets fans. With a competitive product small areas such as Pittsburgh and Green Bay have thrived. I don't want the crap about the early 90's teams not selling out either - football was not near the giant that it is today. Popularity is at an all time high for this league and the Bills regularly sell out without a competitive team.

There is a theme - have a winner or even a competitive team that makes the playoffs once in a while, and there is no need to farm out games. Push the crap that they have? While I guess this is what needs to be done.

Well, the truth is the Buffalo market will not support the ticket price structure that can be had in Toronto (or in many other large markets) Hence, the winning record would not change the finicial calculus much. Selling out Ralph Wilson Stadium at current prices still has a significant disadvantage to selling out the Rogers center. Hence, the money men will prefer a big market venue. That includes all the visiting teams as well, since they get a share of the live gate. So, I don't buy the on field performance argument vs a via the need to have a Toronto game or two. If that keeps the bills in Buffalo, I am all for it!

Of course you don't, because that contradicts your point so its just easier to say that it doesn't apply to today

Well, the truth is the Buffalo market will not support the ticket price structure that can be had in Toronto (or in many other large markets) Hence, the winning record would not change the finicial calculus much. Selling out Ralph Wilson Stadium at current prices still has a significant disadvantage to selling out the Rogers center. Hence, the money men will prefer a big market venue. That includes all the visiting teams as well, since they get a share of the live gate. So, I don't buy the on field performance argument vs a via the need to have a Toronto game or two. If that keeps the bills in Buffalo, I am all for it!

I don't understand this thinking. Why not? Between Rochester, Buffalo, and the Ontario area there is no money? It may change the dynamic of who attends but not that people do attend.

Of course you don't, because that contradicts your point so its just easier to say that it doesn't apply to today

So do you disagree with my reasoning? Do you feel that football was the national past time in the early 90s like it is today? It was 20 years ago - so much has changed in that time frame please explain to me why you feel it would be the same today.

When the NFL talks about a small market, they are talking TV market. I can never understand why Toronto is not considered part of our TV market. If you stay in a hotel in Toronto, the Buffalo stations CBS & FOX are carried on their cable system. These are the stations that carry the NFL. If they counted this as our market, we would be one of the bigger markets.

The turnstile money, while important, is incidental money compared to the TV money.