To the Dump Drew crowd: What about MM?

Mickey

Obviously all you do is read the long, pansy-ass posts 'cuz you sure as hell ain't watching the games. NO ONE denies that the Bills made mistakes throughout the game. Thing is, EVERY TEAM makes mistakes during a game. Sometimes you just need to count on the QB to pull the team's fat out of the fire (or at the very least don't compound the problem with even MORE mistakes). If you really think Drew is one of those QB's, then you are the true pansy-ass sir.

193004[/snapback]

Strike a nerve Frances? Slow down, exhale, and think before you type next time. And, oh, don't speak for me. Sir? I will take that as a compliment, but using my words against me (pansy-ass) that is truly clever. Well done mental midget.

Thanks for not being too personal and see my response above.

193018[/snapback]

I want it to work for him, b/c he has a hell of an arm(lee Evans Bombs), but man he makes some of the stupidest decisions I have ever seen...we could get kelly Holcomb in here to do what he is doing, and for $4 mill less...I think it is time to roll the dice with the kid, if he shows something in the pre-season....

Strike a nerve Frances?  Slow down, exhale, and think before you type next time.  And, oh, don't speak for me.  Sir?  I will take that as a compliment, but using my words against me (pansy-ass) that is truly clever.  Well done mental midget.

193024[/snapback]

No nerve struck here Francine, slow down, and quit biting the pillow before you type next time. Sir as a compliment? Sure if you makes you feel better, and knowing how sensitive you are it probably does. I only used your words (pansy-ass) because I wanted to speak your lingo in the hopes of fostering open communication. Mental midget? Wow, I cannot come back from that one. You are truly a mental giant, though your size must be cut in half from your head being firmly deposited in your rectum.

Well, we will never know since JP was hurt for most of the season and lost valuable practice time because of Troy Vincent. I believe that Drew can only take us so far and I never stopped believing that at any time during the season. What MM was doing by leaving him in their with a winning streak was sending a message which was keep winning and you'll keep playing and I think it was the right desision with JP only a rookie. If he says Drew is the starter next season he along with some fans are in denial. He has proven time after time that he will choke in big games and with a good defense. Bledsoe and the Bills should be over and it's time to move on. JP will not be ready until 2009 so, I guess we should get a free agent QB.

Those who wanted Drew benched 7 weeks ago are back in force after Sunday and from what I can gather, their point is that anyone who at all thinks we should keep him is a moron, an idiot, a complete fool.

That being the case, why aren't they calling for MM's head?  Certainly, MM wouldn't hesitate to bench Drew for JP if he thought for a second that JP gave us a better chance to win.  Obviously then, MM believes that Drew is the best QB on our roster and so he is the starter.  He clearly then is a moron, an idiot, a complete fool because he doesn't see what the brilliant Dump Drew crowd knows is the absolute gospel truth, that JP should have been starting 7 weeks ago and sure as anything ought to be the starter next year.

Instead of repeating the same old complaints over and over about Bledsoe, why not focus your ire on the guy who keeps him at the helm.  Shouldn't we fire MM for starting Drew in the first place?  Afterall, he is only the head coach, he has only been watching these guys play day in and day out since August, what the heck does he know?

192797[/snapback]

Great post. The same numbskulls who are calling for Bledsoe's head are the same numbshulls who cried for Riech over Kelly. We score 30+ points 6 weeks in a row, the offense finally gels, and now everybody sucks. Oh well. People seem to think that MM and TD just fell off the turnip truck and are running arounf TBD with rose colored glasses on. Keep the faith. Did anybody here think this team would do better than 9-7 or 10-6 at the beginning of the year? Those were optomistic expectations that this team lived up to. I'm happy.

No nerve struck here Francine, slow down, and quit biting the pillow before you type next time. Sir as a compliment? Sure if you makes you feel better, and knowing how sensitive you are it probably does. I only used your words (pansy-ass) because I wanted to speak your lingo in the hopes of fostering open communication. Mental midget? Wow, I cannot come back from that one. You are truly a mental giant, though your size must be cut in half from your head being firmly deposited in your rectum.

193042[/snapback]

Ok, I will man-up here and say you won the argument. Really, I do not need to be right or think I am more clever than you. Your point is taken. There is no need for any more cheap shots. I gave a cheap shot and you gave it back - fair enough. I am being serious. I respect your position, I don't agree with it, but who cares.

Obviously all you do is read the long, pansy-ass posts 'cuz you sure as hell ain't watching the games. NO ONE denies that the Bills made mistakes throughout the game. Thing is, EVERY TEAM makes mistakes during a game. Sometimes you just need to count on the QB to pull the team's fat out of the fire (or at the very least don't compound the problem with even MORE mistakes). If you really think Drew is one of those QB's, then you are the true pansy-ass sir.

193004[/snapback]

I don't disagree with the option to move away from DB, but your argument here has holes. I have seen games where other individual plays (besides QB) have just taken the rest of the team on their backs and won it. Or one phase of the game. There is no reason the D couldn't have carried the team on Sunday. No one stepped up, it wasn't just Drew, NO ONE stepped up.

I don't disagree with the option to move away from DB, but your argument here has holes.  I have seen games where other individual plays (besides QB) have just taken the rest of the team on their backs and won it.  Or one phase of the game.  There is no reason the D couldn't have carried the team on Sunday.  No one stepped up, it wasn't just Drew, NO ONE stepped up.

193057[/snapback]

Not true. The defence actually played well for most of the game. Clements scored on a pick to put us ahead and in a great position to win the game. Drew, because he sucks a$$ so much, promptly gave the game back (yes after Lindell missed so of course its his fault. The Bills psyche is so fragile it couldnt handle it?) with a move he has perfected. The remarkable " pat, pat, hmmmm, what do I do now? panic attack and sack/fumble/td for the other team" combo.

Since you think you've made a point...

...I want to get rid of coaches faster than most. So, if MM goes with DB next year, and the team has the same sort of year (8-8 or 9-7, misses the playoffs because of DB's poor games), then yeah, I'd say that MM's on the hot seat. This is the NFL, and it stands for Not For Long if you don't learn from your mistakes. And "being on the hot seat" means you get one more year to prove otherwise. If MM stuck with DB for three years, the team never makes the playoffs, and it's because DB stunk, then both should be shown the door. I have a feeling, though, one or the other won't make it that far. And I bet you know which one I mean, too.

Not true. The defence actually played well for most of the game. Clements scored on a pick to put us ahead and in a great position to win the game. Drew, because he sucks a$$  so much, promptly gave the game back (yes after Lindell missed so of course its his fault. The Bills psyche is so fragile it couldnt handle it?) with a move he has perfected. The remarkable " pat, pat, hmmmm, what do I do now? panic attack and sack/fumble/td for the other team" combo.

193111[/snapback]

I know people will say I'm sticking up for Drew, but I watched that play. An unblocked defender came from the line of scrimmage. Yeah, he was an outside rusher, but he didn't rush from very far outside. Drew had just barely finished dropping back when the defender arrived. The most he could have done would have been to protect the football while he took the sack. Criticize him for fumbling by all means, but the sack itself was the result of the wrong blocking scheme being called.

you guys all you're doing is trying to figure out what the problem is

to me idont really care anymore this sunday i was in the laurentiasn and i skipped a day of skiing to watch this game with a few friends and i couldnt talk after that i felt like i had been dumped and my heart ripped out

i couldnt believe it from when i saw that turnover that gave pittsburgh the 28-17 lead

all i know is whatever decision mularkey makes ill go with it

i just hope hes not wrong

and to be honest, you guys could compare stats come up with different reasons why bledsoe sucks or doesnt suck

all i know is i have absolutely no faith in him anymore

if the coahc does then its his choice and he'll live or die by his decisions

Starting Drew was the right thing to do in 2004. Long term, It doesn't benefit the Bills to commit to Bledsoe, since he proved against top teams, he folds like a cheap tent and completely loses his poise.

So get Losman the heavy work in the long off-season program and multiple mini-camps, prior to Summer camp. Whether it's the opener or a few games into the 2005 season, Losman should get his shot. Otherwise, just accept losing twice to the Pats and any good team. Plus you can forget the Playoffs. Bledsoe is entering year 13 and will never improve. He'll only get worse.

I totally agree with you Mickey.

On another note.

Others:

I know I said a lot and made comparisions... My intent was not the way some saw it. I was arguing that DB has done no worse than other great losing QB's in "Big" games. I agree the problem might be getting him to those big games yet, his win-loss record isn't that much off other great "losing" QB's. This leads me to the belief that while DB seemed to never be good enough to take his team over the top, most of the teams DB has been on underachieved to the point of just "missing" and particpating in those "Big Games."

Sunday was a "Big" game for the Bills, no doubt... Drew laid a "stinker" down yet, the team also laid down a "stinker" too. This really compounds the problem with evaluating him, it has been his problem all along. He embodies the team and almost always seems to absorb the other troubles of the team, never really rising above it with his own personal success. This is why I LIKE DB. He seems to be a lightning rod for the team he plays on. You can argue it as arrogance that he personifies the team as "his"... It is not a selfish or arrogant act.

Maybe he is hopeless but, one can't argue his character and committment to the "team" concept. In this day and age it is refreshing to see these qualities in a person... Unfortunately, when these people can't get the job done adequately, people unfairly paint them as "losers." Which in all essenence, these people are far from being that.

Peace.

Starting Drew was the right thing to do in 2004. Long term, It doesn't benefit the Bills to commit to Bledsoe, since he proved against top teams, he folds like a cheap tent and completely loses his poise.

So get Losman the heavy work in the long off-season program and multiple mini-camps, prior to Summer camp. Whether it's the opener or a few games into the 2005 season, Losman should get his shot. Otherwise, just accept losing twice to the Pats and any good team. Plus you can forget the Playoffs. Bledsoe is entering year 13 and will never improve. He'll only get worse.

193663[/snapback]

I sort of agree Mark. That is with the Bills.

That's a long 13 years for a 32 year old player.

I know people will say I'm sticking up for Drew, but I watched that play. An unblocked defender came from the line of scrimmage. Yeah, he was an outside rusher, but he didn't rush from very far outside. Drew had just barely finished dropping back when the defender arrived. The most he could have done would have been to protect the football while he took the sack. Criticize him for fumbling by all means, but the sack itself was the result of the wrong blocking scheme being called.

193625[/snapback]

I agree Kurt... I was just gonna say that to Mark but, deleted it... You can't say he folded... He stuck it out to the bitter end under the withering blocking on that play. I noticed that he stepped to the side and up and then the pocket just engulfed him.

Again criticize him for the fumble... He really didn't have much opition except take the sack.

It looked like a pack of mad dogs coming after him with one intent... The ball!

Not true. The defence actually played well for most of the game. Clements scored on a pick to put us ahead and in a great position to win the game. Drew, because he sucks a$$  so much, promptly gave the game back (yes after Lindell missed so of course its his fault. The Bills psyche is so fragile it couldnt handle it?) with a move he has perfected. The remarkable " pat, pat, hmmmm, what do I do now? panic attack and sack/fumble/td for the other team" combo.

193111[/snapback]

Didn't somebody fumble a return? I call it a wash.

Do you think...

His problem is he should have audibled out of that play to a run?