[closed]Bryd is good, but he will cost too much to keep

Byrd is awesome, and he has been a ball hawk at times, but he is not the game changer that his stats will say he is.

He'll be let go because safety is not an important spot in the cover two d, and he's just not playing at the right position to blow the wad and resign him.

Bryd is the word and the word is gone.

Sign Levitre. Extend spiller sooner rather than later, keep wood, let Bryd go.

And what? Draft a safety in the first round this year? Why not stop drilling holes in the boat and bail some of the water out? The Bills are year after year nowhere near the cap. I think they'll be fine. Unless you're worried about Ralph taking a few more schekels into the next life.

And what? Draft a safety in the first round this year? Why not stop drilling holes in the boat and bail some of the water out? The Bills are year after year nowhere near the cap. I think they'll be fine. Unless you're worried about Ralph taking a few more schekels into the next life.

Nah... Gotta pick your battles. Safeties are more replaceable than rbs. Aaron Williams will probably make a serviceable safety, which is all most 4-3 cover two ds need.

Byrd is awesome, and he has been a ball hawk at times, but he is not the game changer that his stats will say he is.

He'll be let go because safety is not an important spot in the cover two d, and he's just not playing at the right position to blow the wad and resign him.

Bryd is the word and the word is gone.

Sign Levitre. Extend spiller sooner rather than later, keep wood, let Bryd go.

It's this mentality that has us in a 13 year tailspin...you need to keep the guys that work out...

Nah... Gotta pick your battles. Safeties are more replaceable than rbs. Aaron Williams will probably make a serviceable safety, which is all most 4-3 cover two ds need.

1) Do we really run a cover 2? I didn't realize that.

2) I had always thought safety was a key position in a cover 2 (i.e., which is why we wasted such a high pick on Whitner a few years ago)

1) Do we really run a cover 2? I didn't realize that.

2) I had always thought safety was a key position in a cover 2 (i.e., which is why we wasted such a high pick on Whitner a few years ago)

Not a distant cousin really. Jauron was more Tampa 2 where DW uses a lot more of a mix in the back 7 (man with cover 2 shell, cover 3, etc....).

Both coaches schemes rely on the front 4 to control the line and the back 7 to be a separate group that doesnt get after the passer. Broad strokes are similar but there's a lot of fine print differences.

For instance, we've got a little more bulk so the safety doesn't have to be bob sanders in the run game.

Edited by NoSaint