YOU.. yes you.. Have just been made honorary NFL commissioner for 24 h

ThurmasThoman

1) End the prohibition on public/community ownership of NFL franchises. Aside from being a generally good idea that would promote more and better fan involvement, a la Green Bay, it would provide a defined avenue for keeping the Bills in Buffalo. I have little doubt that a corporation settled with the sole purpose of purchasing the Bills (and keeping them in WNY) could sell enough shares to, at the very least, put together a competitive bid for the club on that day that Ralph passes to the great beyond.

2) College OT.

3) End the league's efforts to stop New Jersey from legalizing sports wagering.

1) No !@#$ing blackouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) No false starts unless a players feet move. I am so sick of false start after false start because a linemans fat roll jiggles.

3) No !@#$ing blackouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my favorite so far. I like all three points. Except I would like to add one more thing....

No !@#$ing blackouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the commissioner can't do anything without a large majority of the owners agreeing by vote.

As for the community ownership idea that would be splendid. All you have to do is see how often we agree on things to see how that would go, lol.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Only idea I can think of at the moment...

- The first three and last three games of the season are against you division teams. This should make the final standings much more interesting and have playoff implications. And avoid situations like this year where the Steelers play the Ravens twice in three weeks.

I like that -it also gets rid of the advantage of playing a division team after a bye week (*cough* Pats *cough* )

You know the commissioner can't do anything without a large majority of the owners agreeing by vote.

As for the community ownership idea that would be splendid. All you have to do is see how often we agree on things to see how that would go, lol.

PTR

I assume you're joking, but just in case - the model is that of Green Bay. A privately or publicly traded corporation, where shareholders elect a Board of Directors, which in turn hires a management team, which in turn hires a football operations team.

1. College rules overtime, with a twist - No kicking. You cannot kick field goals nor extra points. On 4th down you have to go for it and after all touchdowns you have to go for 2.

2. Onside kicks have to go 15 yards before the kicking team can touch the ball. These are way too easy to recover at 10 yards.

3. A pump fake is NOT A FORWARD PASS!! If the QB loses the ball after pump-faking it's a fumble (thus finally eliminating the horrible tuck rule).

Rule changes:

1) Everyone gets to cheat against the Patriots. Kicks to previously 'untouchable' areas of the body are rewarded with a first down, or multiple first down 'tokens' that can be cashed in at a teams disposal if they kick Bellicheat in aforesaid region.

2) Every team with a dome must play at least 3 randomly chosen home games outside.

3) ALL helmets to be covered with an extra 10 inches of bubble wrap.

4) Teams can't move ....at least the Bills.

they get get sacked on first down and its 2nd and 20 so now its 2nd and 5 after the penalty.

But if the guy was 40 yards out, why wouldn't you just take the penalty? I don't want football to become like basketball with those intentional fouls to draw out the game.

I think that idea is ridiculous, every PI could be inferred as stopping a touchdown, spot of the foul is perfect for that.

Edited by FireChan

Lot's of great ideas. Here are some of my favs:

1. No victory formation ... If you want to run down the clock at the end of a game, you must get positive yards. A tackle in the backfield amounts to an extra timeout for a defense that is trailing.

#1- eliminate the Pro Bowl game and replace with an Awards show the week prior to Super Bowl where all can attend.

#2- eliminate "tie" games in regular season.

1. Get rid of the hit on defenseless receiver rule- The NFL is becoming to much like arena football. A lot of these calls are so borderline anyway.

1. Simplify the Overtime period even more. Play the Overtime like a regular quarter. Both teams will get at least ONE offensive possession, even if the team who receives the ball first scores a TD. If neither team has scored after said possession, then it will be "Sudden Death". If both teams score and the game is still tied, it will become "Sudden Death".

2. Eliminate the inactive list. Each team should get to use as much of their roster as possible.

Go to college rules for the last 3 minutes where the clock stops after a first down. This would make for more "fantastic finishes".

Get rid of the rule where you have to make a "football move" in order for a catch to become, er, a catch. Possession with 2 feet down used to work fine.

1) No !@#$ing blackouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) End the prohibition on public/community ownership of NFL franchises. Aside from being a generally good idea that would promote more and better fan involvement, a la Green Bay, it would provide a defined avenue for keeping the Bills in Buffalo. I have little doubt that a corporation settled with the sole purpose of purchasing the Bills (and keeping them in WNY) could sell enough shares to, at the very least, put together a competitive bid for the club on that day that Ralph passes to the great beyond.

Get rid of the advantage of playing a division team after a bye week (*cough* Pats *cough* )

3. A pump fake is NOT A FORWARD PASS!! If the QB loses the ball after pump-faking it's a fumble (thus finally eliminating the horrible tuck rule).

Here are some of my own:

1. If any part of the ball touches the ground, IT ISN'T A CATCH!

2. Bring back the force out rule or keep it as is and change it to one foot being in-bounds for a catch to be ruled a catch.

3. Bring back team celebrations for touchdowns. It's a team game, why can't they celebrate as a team? As long as no props are used and they finish their celebrations before the extra point, who cares? Bring back the fun.

4. No more illegal formations. As long as you're behind the line of scrimmage, what does it matter how many men are on the LOS?

5. Ban the two point conversion or make them mandatory (no more kicking for extra points). You had to get your 8 point lead the hard way, why should teams be able to come back from that deficit in one possession?

6. For every challenge you win, you get back another one. The refs messed up in the first place, why should I lose out on correcting more of your F'ups, later?

Edited by NoJustice

5. Ban the two point conversion or make them mandatory (no more kicking for extra points). You had to get your 8 point lead the hard way, why should teams be able to come back from that deficit in one possession?

If we're going to get rid of the PAT, why not make the current 2-pt conversion only worth 1 point?

I think as commissioner, I would notice that the Bills were given 4 of 5 December games at home in the cold weather, and punish them with 4 home games in the nice fall weather in September next season. (we are dreaming, are we not?) (I guess we are not dreaming, since the Bills DO have four home games in December!!) Mr Brandon is NOT doing his job protecting the franchaise here!!! (ahhh,,,I know your all knew that)