I'm Sorry

26TrapDraw

This is a sad day in my life as I have been a diehard fan since I was 8. Almost 30 yrs of being a fanatic.After Sunday something inside of me said No More. I can't invest emotionally anymore. I know I'll get beat up over this with the dont let the door hit you in the ass thing like so many before me but I just can't do it anymore. When the Bills become relevant and really become a contender I'll be back. I don't know when that will be but I want to thank all the people on this site that have made the masochism easier to take.

You guys are better men than me. I will keep an eye on this dumpster fire of a team from afar from time to time I just cant let it ruin 20 Sundays a year anymore. Bills Fans deserve better...I deserve better.

Take care boys and remain the best fans in the world.

LVBB

Just dial it back a bit... I think being emotionally invested in a professional sports team, any team, is unhealthy for grown men and women. We have no control over these things. These boards are about the limit of input we have, and that is next to nothing.

Het LV, don't let the door....

ahhhhh, understandable! It's purely a labor of love at this point as enjoyable and well-played football has not been a factor since Flutie - who just turned 50. See you on the other side pal - my gut says were not that far off.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

I was at that point last year. I started watching some other teams and would just laugh when I saw the score updates.

I have barely watched the games this season. I knew without a doubt in the world that the season was over 5 minutes in the 1st quarter of the first game. The only games I sat and watched this year were KC, Ariz, and the Dolphins, but even with it on the TV i was googling other schit. There are better things to do.

You shouldn't be sorry, you should be happy, its a good thing to let the Bills go.

Edited by peterpan

Anyone on this site that can say they have never felt like you are feeling is lying. That said, It is also hard to quit something you love cold-turkey. For me, I have found solace in loving my franchise, but hating my team if that makes any sense. I will be a Buffalo Bills fan until I die, or they move. But I also promise to only invest 3 hours per week in the team, meanwhile devoting any other time to the franchise (including its fans).

I set expectations very low, and don't expect them to ever rise. That's how I survive.

THe Monday night meltdown against NE a few years back (McKelvin's fumble) did it for me. I don't really pay attention to the team anymore, I choose to spend time with the kids on Sunday. If they win, "hey how bout that" and if they lose, well, it doesn't faze me all that much anymore. Sad but true...

This is a sad day in my life as I have been a diehard fan since I was 8. Almost 30 yrs of being a fanatic.After Sunday something inside of me said No More. I can't invest emotionally anymore. I know I'll get beat up over this with the dont let the door hit you in the ass thing like so many before me but I just can't do it anymore. When the Bills become relevant and really become a contender I'll be back. I don't know when that will be but I want to thank all the people on this site that have made the masochism easier to take.

You guys are better men than me. I will keep an eye on this dumpster fire of a team from afar from time to time I just cant let it ruin 20 Sundays a year anymore. Bills Fans deserve better...I deserve better.

Take care boys and remain the best fans in the world.

LVBB

I won't judge you - we have all been there. This season is especially dissapointing because the expectations were so high. With the luck that this team doesn't have, they will probably play well for the rest of the year, miss the playoffs by one game (or a tiebreak), and get stuck with mid-round draft picks next year.

Edited by ACor58

I won't judge you - we have all been there. This season is especially dissapointing because the expectations were so high. With the luck that this team doesn't have, they will probably play well for the rest of the year, miss the playoffs by one game (or a tiebreak), and get stuck with mid-round draft picks next year.

Te'o will come off the board one pick ahead of us and we will not have a plan B other than to gaffe and reach for a QB we could get in the 2nd- one pick later than us will be the next great shutdown corner and one pick after that - the next Randy Moss - but we will adhere publicly to our BPA mindset.

too negative??

Te'o will come off the board one pick ahead of us and we will not have a plan B other than to gaffe and reach for a QB we could get in the 2nd- one pick later than us will be the next great shutdown corner and one pick after that - the next Randy Moss - but we will adhere publicly to our BPA mindset.

too negative??

Actaully thats spot on.

Except I see the Jets getting a HOF QB a pick or two before us....only because we beat them the last game of the year (the toilet bowl)

too negative??

I wanted Kuechley so bad... I'm not holding my breath for Te'o.

too negative??

Not too negative, sounds like the 2007 draft:

49ers pick 11th, and get Patrick Willis in the 1st round and we get stuck with Lynch at 12. (of course that was the year that the Jets took Revis at 14)

Pretty close myself. I've been as vapid watching games as the team has played. I'm not in the area but I know for sure I'm not getting Sunday Ticket next year. I only get it to watch the Bills. If they are on locally I will watch but other than that I've been having a real hard time getting into the games. I forget which game it was but there was one game this year that was the first time in 20 years of watching that I actually turned the game off before the clock read 0:00. It was during the third quarter when I had had enough.

I think even the most diehard fans are getting tired of scratching their heads.

Edited by phypon