Chans Presser - Poorly called plays comment?

Billick would take the job (or any head coaching job) in a heartbeat.

But besides a guy like Billick who has been on the outside for a while, how is this not an appealing job? They have talent at most positions now and no track record to live up to immediately. The GM/Owner HAVE spent money on players. QB and LB are the glaring weaknesses that they would have time to fill with their own guys.

Most any potential head coach would take that.

Having said that, Gailey will still probably get to pick his own QB next year, and Wanny will be allowed a season to add some LB's the team so obviously needs.

So why, nearly 3 years ago, did multiple coaches turn down this wonderful opportunity to interview? In theory there are 32 head NFL coaching jobs and people viewed Buffalo's as career kryptonite.

A previous poster answered most of the reasons why no one wants to work in Buffalo. I'd offer that it's not a job people have a reasonable chance of success at because ownership is what it is, and the GM does not provide the personnel for a HC to win. That's been on display for 3 years now under this regime.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Harvey Johnson

John Rauch

Kay Stevenson

He's got a long way to go yet.

Let's not forget the 4-17 Hank Bullough who described Buffalo as a city with a great ''work ethnic'' and also said of his team, ''We took the sails out of their wind.'' A classic Bills head coaching loser.

They should cut the OC and donate his salary to some charity. Because he's useless.

What they really should do is let him call the plays, and have Chan take over as head coach. He has no idea what his defense is doing. He has no idea what's going on with special teams. He needs to be the head coach, and let his offensive coordinator take over.

Most head coaches are either heavy handed, or totally in control of one side.... Normally you atleast get some interviews from the coordinator still though. Something to make the fans believe he's a contributor.... Or atleast a real person. It's weird how little we get from him publicly.

So why, nearly 3 years ago, did multiple coaches turn down this wonderful opportunity to interview? In theory there are 32 head NFL coaching jobs and people viewed Buffalo's as career kryptonite.

A previous poster answered most of the reasons why no one wants to work in Buffalo. I'd offer that it's not a job people have a reasonable chance of success at because ownership is what it is, and the GM does not provide the personnel for a HC to win. That's been on display for 3 years now under this regime.

Mixed response.

While the ownership question marks are huge (who wants to deal with all the possible bad outcomes) - I disagree about the GM. I think nix has shown he will go get what a coach needs. Upgrade qb, lb, and assume the coach thinks himself an upgrade and this teams getting pretty close.

Tell the new guy he gets his LB of choice in FA (how I wish we got lofton instead of Anderson) and we will go hard at qb if he wants in the draft and its a better spot than it was 3 years ago.

Well, Modkins may contribute in areas that Chan needs help, and Chan knows it. I dno't think for a minute he is a get the coffee guy.

Agreed - just weird it hasn't been covered more. It'd make for a good local news wrote up. Atleast it would've before this.

Modkins makes the Tim Horton's run in the mornings and on those late nights they're working on game-plans that don't feature their best offensive player.

i can do that easy and i would work for a lesser salary than Modkins.

and maybe come up with a game plan for the use of Freddie and CJ in on 80 percent of the snaps.

Harvey Johnson

John Rauch

Kay Stevenson

He's got a long way to go yet.

I said one of the worst - not the worst. His teams are 14-29, 3-13 in the AFC East, and 5-18 on the road. Gailey is, bar none, the worst head coach the Bills have had during their playoff drought and, again, one of the worst coaches they've ever had.