And the reason we lost to the Colts was.....

Virgil

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same reason we have been subpar all year....poor quarterbacking and weak linebacking....to often nobody was home to fill in the running lanes and to many short over the middle catches that kept the chains moving. Fitz as usual missed to often on passes that where there to make preventing us from moving the chains.

having not read anything on this board today...but why did we lose? not sure why we lost, but I guarantee our #1 receiver being caught from behind after catching a pass in stride has something to do with it....

we give up ONE offensive TD and sure we abandonded the run, but how many goddam passes did we drop????

as I said on facebook...

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we needed this and should have won this game....secondary, receivers make plays this game is not in the wrong column...did we go away from the run, YES...but come on....lets make the plays we frigging run....i think i'd rather be blown out than lose like we lost today....because we SHOULDN"T have!!!!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::censored:

Spillers YPC avg. is crazy high.

SPiller needs more carries until that average comes down to about 5 per carry, ie, untill teams start keying on him more to stop him. If they can't stop him you keep going to him. If they start to get him, then that should open up other avenues for our schitty QB.

oh idk, 3rd and 11, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 6, 3rd and 17, just to name a few. did you watch the game? can't win when the defense does that.

Great, 13 points... thats what all those 3rd and whatevers amounted to.

Let that sink in.

Then tell me why it matters? Do you know how many times the bills punted? 7. 7 times the Bills punted. They did absolutely squat on offense.

Think of the missed opportunities this season if the Bills defense / QB started out playing well this year. Not to mention Chan Gailey has the balls to openly state his two super star RB's should be getting 40 touches a game and then gives them only 21..Spiller 14 carries when the Kid is another Barry Sanders averaging 7.6 yards per carry. :doh:

The next Bills HC will be very thankful that Gailey saved Spiller for him by not over using him :w00t:

Edited by FeartheLosing

Not the Defense. I'll just start there. I could care less that they didn't get a stop at the end. The D gave up 13 points. Any team would take that kind of performance. They weren't perfect by any means, but they did more than enough for any team thinking about the possibility of the playoffs would take.

If anything, I give our Defense HUGE PROPS. These guys are human beings. And while I get they are paid to play, I'm impressed that they don't give up more often. If I knew the lack of support I was going to get on offense, I would just give up. They are better than me.

Now, for the real reason we lost. You guessed it.....Chan, Fitz, and Special Teams

Fitz finally made a deep throw. Finally. I won't even harp on the fact that Stevie had to be wide open and slow down and face the ball to catch it. He made it, so win there. Other than that, Fitz was just plain terrible. Skipping passes. Threw a mind blowing INT. Making throws into pre-snap reads to guys that were outright covered.

Chan's abandoning of the run and playcalling overall was terrible. I get that we can't just line it up and power it in, but we had a series of draws and counters that worked quite well. Spiller broke 100 and we still didn't use him right.

We punted from the 31....'Nuff Said.

Finally, some realities:

~ We only scored 13 points on a defense that was 20th ranked coming into the game

~ Mario Williams got 3 sacks

~Our Defense only gave up 13 points

~A team with only 2 wins last year, a interm head coach just beat us. Yes, a QB makes that much of a difference

Guys looked totally flat today, just kinda going through the motions, for a team that needed every win possible they didn't play like it.

It would also help if the WRs would catch the friggin ball!

It would be nice to get that interim coach here.