Free speech is great as long as I agree with what's being said

Actually, there is a correct answer and it's not controversial as long as you're not a member of a political party and trying to maintain the support of the lunatics who have hijacked it... 4.54 billion years. (That's the age of the Earth, not of the universe as Rubio somehow strangely misinterpreted the question).

Actually, I'm aware. Thus the word most.

Go ask 100 people at random and see if they have the slightest clue. I'd be willing to guess most of congress couldn't date the formation of the universe, age of the earth, and beginning of life on earth to within 2 billion years. And I wouldn't hold that against them either. Why would they necessarily know any of it?

Edited by Jauronimo

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ask 100 people at random and see if they have the slightest clue. I'd be willing to guess most of congress couldn't date the formation of the universe, age of the earth, and beginning of life on earth to within 2 billion years. And I wouldn't hold that against them either. Why would they necessarily know any of it?

Is it not a fundamental human instinct to seek answers to the unanswerable?

Well, if we look at it like climate change science maybe we should just get all the scientists to vote so we can come up with a consensus. :w00t:

pretty much ducked the question which is a good Idea if you are a republican planning to run for a national office

and of course the correct answer is the Universe is only 4 seconds old, God made everything including your memories just right the !@#$ now

QFT

Actually, there is a correct answer and it's not controversial as long as you're not a member of a political party and trying to maintain the support of the lunatics who have hijacked it... 4.54 billion years. (That's the age of the Earth, not of the universe as Rubio somehow strangely misinterpreted the question).

I love how you gave us the age of the Earth to 2 decimal places. Because you know that citing a statistic (that people who study this stuff understand is really just our best estimation) to the hundredth of a decimal makes you sound so smrt

But ok Mr Science-dude, lets do a little math.

The Earth is four and a half billion years old. We'll just round it to the half billion so as not to confuzzle the non-scientisicians.

If you saved a dollar per year since the Earth was formed, you would have enough money today to fund the US Federal Government for half a day

Forward!

Edited by /dev/null

I love how you gave us the age of the Earth to 2 decimal places. Because you know that citing a statistic (that people who study this stuff understand is really just our best estimation) to the hundredth of a decimal makes you sound so smrt

The Earth is four and a half billion years old. We'll just round it to the half billion so as not to confuzzle the non-scientisicians.

If you saved a dollar per year since the Earth was formed, you would have enough money today to fund the US Federal Government for half a day

Forward!

Does that account for inflation?

Forward!

I think maybe you have some displaced aggression. Is there anything I could post that you wouldn't object to? Is there any topic that you can't twist into a complaint connected to the federal budget?

Edited by gringo starr

Forward!

Butm if youz saved a dollarm per dayn from the startn you couldn fund the governmentz for half a yerab. Peoplez just don'tv save enoughm.

Limit free speech by the guy who thought Guam could tip over:

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/11/30/democratic-rep-amend-constitution-to-allow-control-of-speech/

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) - A Democratic representative is calling for an amendment to the United States Constitution that would allow for some legislative restriction of freedom of speech.

“We need a constitutional amendment that would allow the legislature to control the so-called free speech rights of corporations,” Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) was quoted as saying by CNS News.

He reportedly made these comments while speaking at the Annesbrooks HOA candidate Forumicon1.png held last month.

• 11 years later...