Lions - texans

NoSaint

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a travesty & a farce. This garbage undermines the integrity of the game.

Yeah, for millions of fans not only of Detroit, but of the NFL, millions of people cheering for the underdog just got really pissed off about this.

As a result of a poorly conceived rule (and a missed officiating call), Houston gets an undeserved TD and Detroit gets a 15 yard penalty.

Something like this really takes the enjoyment out of a game.

Makes zero sense to me. No justification.

I assume because its after the play it counts as a penalty on the next play. Just like I'd assume you couldn't challenge after a false start, too many men on the field etc... Even if the snap hasn't been taken.

I assume because its after the play it counts as a penalty on the next play. Just like I'd assume you couldn't challenge after a false start, too many men on the field etc... Even if the snap hasn't been taken.

The part that doesn't make sense is that because a challenge was improperly made that it supercedes the normal review of a scoring play.

That's a bad rule, IMO.

The part that doesn't make sense is that because a challenge was improperly made that it supercedes the normal review of a scoring play.

That's a bad rule, IMO.

Right and I'm saying that its likely chalked up as a penalty on the extra point not a penalty on the touchdown, essentially meaning the next snap occurred when the refs made threw their flag for the penalty, just like if the texans had a false start or lions were offside unabated. Play dead, can't challenge the one before. Not a rule id advocate - just saying the likely thought process in writing

Edited by NoSaint

Joique Bell did more on that drive than Tashard Choice has done in his career as a Bill.

Well done, Channix.

He's been cut by like 4 other teams since then, and is deep on the lions bench still when all are healthy. I'd save the outrage.