Lions - texans

NoSaint

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joique Bell did more on that drive than Tashard Choice has done in his career as a Bill.

Well done, Channix.

When both Spiller and FJ were both out he carried the ball very well for the Bills.

I guess you just mean for games you care about.

He's been cut by like 4 other teams since then, and is deep on the lions bench still when all are healthy. I'd save the outrage.

and Choice has been cut like 3 different time since the Cowboys originally let him go.

Regardles, I'll take Bell over Choice all day. Too bad Bell didn't go to GT, or a southern redneck school.

When both Spiller and FJ were both out he carried the ball very well for the Bills.

I guess you just mean for games you care about.

Really?

I've been very underwhelmed by Choice.

I will grant that he certainly seems to know his assignments but the guy isn't big, fast, strong, quick or elusive.

I've said before and say again, he doesn't seem to have any tangible strength to his game.

I'd almost rather have a flawed player who does one thing very well.

and Choice has been cut like 3 different time since the Cowboys originally let him go.

Regardles, I'll take Bell over Choice all day. Too bad Bell didn't go to GT, or a southern redneck school.

It wasn't choice vs bell when the decision was made.

He was signed off our PS, while we worked on trading marshawn. Just saying.

That said, when your arguing over our 3rd back, its a bit of a silly fight to pick. Sure you want the best but these guys tend to be 6 of one a half dozen of the other and churn around the league constantly.

It wasn't choice vs bell when the decision was made.

He was signed off our PS, while we worked on trading marshawn. Just saying.

That said, when your arguing over our 3rd back, its a bit of a silly fight to pick. Sure you want the best but these guys tend to be 6 of one a half dozen of the other and churn around the league constantly.

I think it's pretty important when one of the RBs gets injured relatively often.

I think it's pretty important when one of the RBs gets injured relatively often.

Understood but backs #60-90 in the nfl aren't radically different was what I was getting at, beyond fit to scheme.

Further, it happens. For every bell that plays well for someone else hopefully we get a chandler, and urbik as midseason pickups. You can't rage about every player we've ever lost. We had Jackson spiller and lynch on the roster and bell on the PS and the eagles signed him. Unless we passed on a lunch trade in August, you really can't kill nix here.

Edited by NoSaint

I assume because its after the play it counts as a penalty on the next play. Just like I'd assume you couldn't challenge after a false start, too many men on the field etc... Even if the snap hasn't been taken.

Still makes no sense unless I am missing something. The league has several rules where they add a penalty onto a play that had nothing to do with the penalty, like adding 5 yards to an ensuing kickoff. The entire idea of replay is to get the play call right. 15 yards itself is too much of a penalty to call on a coach for illegally TRYING to challenge. It didn't affect the game whatsoever. That rule is really a disgrace IMO.

Still makes no sense unless I am missing something. The league has several rules where they add a penalty onto a play that had nothing to do with the penalty, like adding 5 yards to an ensuing kickoff. The entire idea of replay is to get the play call right. 15 yards itself is too much of a penalty to call on a coach for illegally TRYING to challenge. It didn't affect the game whatsoever. That rule is really a disgrace IMO.

not to mention the penalty is enforced on the kickoff so really who cares about the 15 yards it'll just result in a touchback.

My last word on the Bell-Choice debate is that Choice would be unable to make that TD run.

That and the Saints certainly treat their running backs 1-4 as valued commodities.

Because they lost like 6 of them in one season and knee jerk drafted Ingram.

The simple answer is someone should know the rules on the lions team.

Like the rule or not, it's his job to know it.

not to mention the penalty is enforced on the kickoff so really who cares about the 15 yards it'll just result in a touchback.

On a turnover, or on the defense there it would make a difference. Again - not saying good rule, just talking logistics

Because they lost like 6 of them in one season and knee jerk drafted Ingram.

The simple answer is someone should know the rules on the lions team.

Like the rule or not, it's his job to know it.

On a turnover, or on the defense there it would make a difference. Again - not saying good rule, just talking logistics

That's not the simple answer. That's avoiding the answer ;) It's a moronic rule. The penalty doesn't even come close to fit the crime. It doesn't even delay the game in this instance, where it is a scoring play. Not to mention that the play was already over. The replay should already simultaneously being reviewed. To stop the replay guys doing their job just because a coach threw a flag, again, makes zero sense.

That's not the simple answer. That's avoiding the answer ;) It's a moronic rule. The penalty doesn't even come close to fit the crime. It doesn't even delay the game in this instance, where it is a scoring play. Not to mention that the play was already over. The replay should already simultaneously being reviewed. To stop the replay guys doing their job just because a coach threw a flag, again, makes zero sense.

A valid point that I'm thinking based on that answer is that the refs don't spot the ball til the booth oks it, right? If so, throw out my comparison to a pre snap penalty I guess - not 100% sure the play to play ruling on when an infraction goes from post play to pre next play.

Either way - if a coach is holding that flag, he needs to know the rules. Lions are sloppy and it regularly costs them.

Tough as nails. Ill give stafford credit.

Pft chimes in on the rule change:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/22/the-red-flag-rule-has-to-go/

Edited by NoSaint