Does Fitz Wear a Microphone in His Ear Like Brady?

Storm Front

I heard it mentioned somewhere that Tom Brady wears an in ear headphone during games, which allows someone to tell him defensive schemes (and which of his receivers are open). I was wondering if Fitz wears one of these, or if other NFL QB's wear them?

Every team's QB does, as does one player on defense. If you look, the ones with the earphones have the colored circle on the back of their helmets so the officials know which player has the speaker in his helmet. Edited by BuffBill

I heard it mentioned somewhere that Tom Brady wears an in ear headphone during games, which allows someone to tell him defensive schemes (and which of his receivers are open). I was wondering if Fitz wears one of these, or if other NFL QB's wear them?

Also note the communications are only on to call in plays, the comms are supposed to be shut off 15 seconds prior to the snap. Unless you are Tom Brady.

Very interesting. Thanks!

Do you know who wears one for the Bills on defense?

its typically a LB that doesnt come off the field, occasionally a safety.

i will say, communication cuts off at 20(?) seconds to go on the play clock. the brady accusations were that at home, they used to have it rigged that it would remain on and thats how he got that knack for feeling pressure he had no business feeling. its essentially just supposed to be to call in the play, and any quick notes to keep in mind.

Quarterbacks cannot use the earpiece to determine if receivers are open during a play:

Each team is only allowed one live helmet, designated by a small green dot on the back, on the field at a time. Once the 40-second play clock begins, coaches have 25 seconds to make a call and pass on information. The microphones for all the radio transmitters shut off automatically at the 15-second mark. A league official also is on site to monitor.

Taken from this article, which is a great read: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-headsets-going-digital-technology-wave-161940280--nfl.html

Fitz has said he doesn’t need one, he communicates with Chan telepathically. That’s why Chan insists he can win with Fitz.

ALL QB's have a receiver / speaker in their helmet. If Brady has something different THEY are CHEATING! Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Maybe that's why the Patri*ts run the no-huddle so much, so that the pre-snap stuff is done before the mike is shut off?

(Yeah, it makes no sense. But it's the Patri*ts and I don't need to make sense. My all-consuming rage says it makes sense. Good enough for me.)

kj

I'd really really love to know how a microphone in someones ear works.

I'd love to listen in on a microphone stuck up someone's a**, now that could provide some interesting sound bites!!

Not quite how TV/movies make it look, but here is one type of device explained....

http://www.gsmspyear.com/covertcommunication.html