"Stink" Schlereth says the Bills were trash talking

Why does it matter 20 + years later?

And neither Buff or the Skins are relevant to a SB discussion this year...

The original poster (some schmuck) was only reporting what Schlereth said on the radio about how the Bills trash talked in SB 26. The conversation has now blossomed into what an a$$ Chuck Dickerson was on the radio.

The relevance has to do with it involving the Buffalo Bills (past, present or future).

I will tell the OP to put this kind of thread on the "Star Wars Trilogy Trivia" board next time.

The original poster (some schmuck) was only reporting what Schlereth said on the radio about how the Bills trash talked in SB 26. The conversation has now blossomed into what an a$$ Chuck Dickerson was on the radio.

The relevance has to do with it involving the Buffalo Bills (past, present or future).

I will tell the OP to put this kind of thread on the "Star Wars Trilogy Trivia" board next time.

Well Dickerson has been an asshat who talked too much. Again who the freak cares about trash talk from 20 years ago?

And, as much of a d-bag most think Theisman was, he played in an era where offenses didn't necessarily rest on the arm of their QB, but relied heavily on his football smarts and "leadership" qualities. Theisman was a field general...you always knew he was in charge. A pretty tough guy, who really earned his opportunities.

When he first came to the NFL Theismann was more of a scrambling QB. However, Theismann's pocket skills really developed over time. I remember when he was the third string QB behind Sonny Jurgenson and Billy Kilmer. He actually volunteered to return punts just to get on the field! Some say he wasted a few of his prime years as a back-up. I think he probably benefited from learning on the sidelines behind long-tenured veterans such as Jurgenson and Kilmer. Plus, it probably helped that he had a great arm, receivers such as Monk and Downtown Charlie Brown, a Hall of Fame RB (Riggins), a first class OL (the Hogs) and a legendary coach (Gibbs). I always liked Ferguson, but I thought Theismann was cool because he wore the old one bar face mask.

By the way, Jeff Wright was a good player and he had a great game in XXV.

I guess we can disagree. Jeff Wright was a very good rushing down NT/DT, but was badly miscast as an every down NT who consistently got bowled over in the run game. Since SB XXV, every year Bills tried to find that guy in the middle and it finally took landing Big Ted to plug that hole.

Coach Chuck Dickerson.

It's part of the reason Marv fired him.

He then went on to trash all Bills fans - he was like Super-Sully before Sully was so sullen...

You did have to laugh at The Coach's endless rants about Gregg Williams; "Well GreeeEEEEEeeeegg didn't have his players ready." :D

Wrong Redskins team; Williams was the QB when they beat Denver. I believe Rypien was the MVP of SB 26.

Rypien was the MVP, in fact I have a couple programs from that game, and met Rypien a couple years ago and had him sign one. At least got something out of that bad memory.

Well Dickerson has been an asshat who talked too much. Again who the freak cares about trash talk from 20 years ago?

That is just about the last time the Bills were good enough to trash talk, or a least pretty damn close to it. Edited by BuffBill

Kinda surprised the NFL hasn't buckled to the PC crowd and demanded they change their name to the Washington Native American Warriors or something.

I've said for years now that they should do away with the logo and replace it with a redskin potato. Slap that on the side of their helmet and roll on...problem solved.

Kinda surprised the NFL hasn't buckled to the PC crowd and demanded they change their name to the Washington Native American Warriors or something.

Would be the District of Columbia former Native Americans now known as equal opportunity individuals and part of the 47% team or the Washington not so pale skins, or even the Washington other