Merriman needs to start

TPS

I thought SM played the run very well in the few games he played last year, and he is showing that same ability this year. He sets the edge well, and does not get faked out of position as much as Kelsay does. With Kelsay coming back, I hope Merriman gets the starting nod.

I thought SM played the run very well in the few games he played last year, and he is showing that same ability this year. He sets the edge well, and does not get faked out of position as much as Kelsay does. With Kelsay coming back, I hope Merriman gets the starting nod.

Now that he had that surgery i hope he will continue & we keep his snap count up & he just continues to get back into it comfort wise .

The guy is a motivator just by the way he does things & his reputation . He is a great add i would love to see if he could be a LB again ?? Just give him a shot you never know with out trying ...

I've been a Kelsay supporter for the longest time, but if Merriman is indeed healthy then I'd prefer a rotation of Merriman and Moore. The money saved from Kelsay will then go to Byrd and Levitre.

Speaking of penny pinching, it could be that Kelsay and Spencer Johnson are next year's cap casualties. I would also expect that Thigpen will be gone.

Kyle moore is our best DE on the roster, mario is second. moore consistently gets pressure on the qb even if he doesnt get sacks, plays the run well and has a very very high motor. i remember being impressed last year when he played at the end of the season and happy he is playing now. if he keeps this up he will be a staple in our d-line for many years paired up with both williams and dareus

Let's add Brad Smith to that list.

Please.

On topic, I really enjoyed watching Merriman on Thursday. That said, I think what we are doing with him is best - change of pace a bit at DE. He can't physically handle starting and being on the field too often.

Edited by ProbablyWrong