Lee Evans - back in Buffalo

I find it very suprising, given the lack that many teams have at the WR position, that there is no place in the NFL for Lee Evans.

Tim Graham had a blog post or something a month or two ago where he ran into Lee and Lee said he is very happy after football and his career is definitely over.

Count me among the Lee Evans fans. He was especially great early in his career with Bledsoe at quarterback. So good that I would hope the ball was going to him instead of Moulds on a bomb because I knew he'd make the catch.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That was seriously comical to read. Almost as funny as the QBs on Facebook threads. You just said a WR that's had 2, TWO, II, DOS seasons of barely over 1,000 yards and never reaching 10 TDs ever, 90% better than most NFL receivers.

You need to get off his balls bro.

youre comment was seriously comical to read, BRO

he had a nine year career, bro. Better than 90 percent of the receivers to enter this league, bro

Yes he was at the game Thurs night sitting in the Kelly Club.

Classy guy, his son was with him and he was having a great time. And yes, he easily had a career better than 90% of all NFL WRs. Go down every roster who carry 6 WRs.....almost 200 a year. Yes, the vast majority of those guys will be out of the league within 2-3 years.

You are basically saying Lee was in the top 20 WRs in the league when he played which is the truth. He unfortunately played thru the worst QBs in Bills history with JP, Trent and the tail end of Bledsoe's career. He also got to play with Kelly Holcomb and the Fitz. He put up very good numbers playing with terrible QB play.

The guy was a very good WR.

He is happy in life, likes Buffalo, has made a home here. Be happy for the guy!! He was a great WR for the Bills.

While I agree that I Like Evans. And think he's a standup guy, I cannot get over the fact that people here have these delusions that he was a top 20 WR or that he was better than 90% of the leagues WRs. Absolutely delusional. But I still like him and wish him well in retirement.

youre comment was seriously comical to read, BRO

he had a nine year career, bro. Better than 90 percent of the receivers to enter this league, bro

9 years with only 2 over 1,000 yards bro. 90% of WRs is probably right. I said it wasn't but it probably is because of the fact that there's Ruvell Martins and Kumar Aikens that play the game that you factor in. He was still never a top 20 WR. He still doesn't come close statistically to good WRs. Evans career is like an inigma, just because he was here for his career and we saw him every Sunday doesn't mean he was good in this league. He will be forgotten by everyone but Bills fans in about.....oh wait, who were we talking about?

Because Bills fans pride themselves on allowing players a certain degree of anonymity when they are around them in public. As opposed to the morons who recorded Jerry Jones' drunk ramblings in a bar a year ago, we just enjoy our time with Bills players and coaches, without alerting the national media to their comments and actions.

Ignoring everything else in this thread, this fallacy that exists that Bills fans are somehow different from all the other fans is crazy. Bills fans would have recorded that too.

While I agree that I Like Evans. And think he's a standup guy, I cannot get over the fact that people here have these delusions that he was a top 20 WR or that he was better than 90% of the leagues WRs. Absolutely delusional. But I still like him and wish him well in retirement.

http://www.pro-footb..._yds_career.htm

166. Lee Evans (30) 6,008 2004-2011

http://www.pro-footb.../rec_career.htm

221. Lee Evans (30) 381 2004-2011

http://www.pro-footb...c_td_career.htm

156. Lee Evans (30) 43 2004-2011

The better than 90% of NFL receivers is true, but his career is oft remembered around these parts as better than it was..

Edited by jeremy2020

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That was seriously comical to read. Almost as funny as the QBs on Facebook threads. You just said a WR that's had 2, TWO, II, DOS seasons of barely over 1,000 yards and never reaching 10 TDs ever, 90% better than most NFL receivers.

You need to get off his balls bro.

Seriously bro, you need to stop posting. Attacking reputable posters like Nick and Hammer should not be condoned on this board. People like you are a reason why so many of the better posters have stopped frequenting this site.

Seriously bro, you need to stop posting. Attacking reputable posters like Nick and Hammer should not be condoned on this board. People like you are a reason why so many of the better posters have stopped frequenting this site.

Wait, did you just say because they post a lot on this board and are decent guys, they can't be argued with?

Seriously?

Seriously Bro... I didn't attack anyone. And I doubt I've ever been a reason why anyone has left here. If I have and someone can point that out to me id really appreciate it. I highly doubt my hatred for over exaggerating Lee Evans career and Chans lack of running plays really has pissed someone off enough to leave the board kid. Edited by mrags

Wait, did you just say because they post a lot on this board and are decent guys, they can't be argued with?

Seriously?

I said it because why would they lie about something like that. Arguing with somebody over something that is fact and has been proven as fact makes one a douchebag. Going out of your way to knock a former Bill for a slight is juvenile to boot.

That said, I'd welcome Scott Norwood, Chris Walsh, Lauvale Sape, or any other man that has donned the Red, White, and Blue into my party with open arms, and not snipe about them not being a perrenial all pro.

I said it because why would they lie about something like that. Arguing with somebody over something that is fact and has been proven as fact makes one a douchebag. Going out of your way to knock a former Bill for a slight is juvenile to boot.

That said, I'd welcome Scott Norwood, Chris Walsh, Lauvale Sape, or any other man that has donned the Red, White, and Blue into my party with open arms, and not snipe about them not being a perrenial all pro.

I never argued the fact that he was there. If someone said he's there's, I guess I just believe them. I thought it was odd why he would have been here in Buffalo. Then came out and said in glad he still lives here. I absolutely did not argue with the OP or Hammer for that matter in Lee hanging with Bills fans. I've sat with him myself at bars and had drinks with him. It's not that hard to believe. As I said I think he's a standup guy and I've always liked him. I was simply stating the facts that he's had a career that is nothing spectacular and that Bills fans always thought he was better than he really was. Which is arguable. I also pointed out what was confirmed by someone that his career is probably over as Tim Graham or JW had written. Although Lee might have said the other night that he's not done and he's only taking a year off, I urge anyone to think about the facts that he's over 30 years old and not that fast anymore and never had a full route tree to begin with. The chances if him coming back are slim to none IMO. I've had beta with people on this subject on this board and feel the desire to rub in the facts that most likely I am right about him not ever coming back. Excuse me if I pissed you off. But you really need to worry about yourself and not Hammer or Nick. They can fight their own battles. Which wasn't at me anyway. And if I really do annoy you, feel free to block me friend.

Go Bills!

Seriously Bro... I didn't attack anyone. And I doubt I've ever been a reason why anyone has left here. If I have and someone can point that out to me id really appreciate it. I highly doubt my hatred for over exaggerating Lee Evans career and Chans lack of running plays really has pissed someone off enough to leave the board kid.

That is just it, you knock on a guy for almost no reason instead of letting bygones be bygones. This corrosiveness was unnecessary and did not need to be stated. If you had something against the guy, there is a better time and thread to rip on him. If I ran into Norwood, and I talked about the good that he did in Buffalo, I would hope that no one would wish a death threat upon the guy for missing the big kick.

I never argued the fact that he was there. If someone said he's there's, I guess I just believe them. I thought it was odd why he would have been here in Buffalo. Then came out and said in glad he still lives here. I absolutely did not argue with the OP or Hammer for that matter in Lee hanging with Bills fans. I've sat with him myself at bars and had drinks with him. It's not that hard to believe. As I said I think he's a standup guy and I've always liked him. I was simply stating the facts that he's had a career that is nothing spectacular and that Bills fans always thought he was better than he really was. Which is arguable. I also pointed out what was confirmed by someone that his career is probably over as Tim Graham or JW had written. Although Lee might have said the other night that he's not done and he's only taking a year off, I urge anyone to think about the facts that he's over 30 years old and not that fast anymore and never had a full route tree to begin with. The chances if him coming back are slim to none IMO. I've had beta with people on this subject on this board and feel the desire to rub in the facts that most likely I am right about him not ever coming back. Excuse me if I pissed you off. But you really need to worry about yourself and not Hammer or Nick. They can fight their own battles. Which wasn't at me anyway. And if I really do annoy you, feel free to block me friend.

Go Bills!

I do realize I should have called out Ba Ba over you, but it still seemed like you were piling on Evans for no reason.

That is just it, you knock on a guy for almost no reason instead of letting bygones be bygones. This corrosiveness was unnecessary and did not need to be stated. If you had something against the guy, there is a better time and thread to rip on him. If I ran into Norwood, and I talked about the good that he did in Buffalo, I would hope that no one would wish a death threat upon the guy for missing the big kick.

I do realize I should have called out Ba Ba over you, but it still seemed like you were piling on Evans for no reason.

I pile it on because I very strong in my beliefs and my opinions. Which is one of the reasons why I spend so much time here. I apologize if my beliefs offend you. But at the end of the day it's not personal and I am really not sorry for my opinions. And my opinion is that he was an overly loved Bill for really almost no reason beside the fact that we sucked for so long and he was the best we had in a time of sucking.

Well - it was dark, I only had my phone on me, and I have a pic of me and Lee from the Big Tree in 2005 when he was more relevant. Why do I need a new pic of me and him sh*tfaced in the dark at 2am?

Also - the idiots in this thread are what I was talking about on Thursday. See what I mean Jay?

Indeed. :wallbash:

Guys.... Hammer has the closest private lot to the stadium and is willing to park RVs there. Lee's family adopted Hammer's lot as their lot of choice. Lee would head over there to party with his family at their RV after games. Anybody who spent time at Hammer's during Lee's time in Buffalo knows this. As to why he/they were in Buffalo for this game I do not know. But believe me that if they WERE in Buffalo for a game (and I have know reason to doubt they were), that's where you'd find them.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Indeed. :wallbash:

Guys.... Hammer has the closest private lot to the stadium and is willing to park RVs there. Lee's family adopted Hammer's lot as their lot of choice. Lee would head over there to party with his family at their RV after games. Anybody who spent time at Hammer's during Lee's time in Buffalo knows this. As to why he/they were in Buffalo for this game I do not know. But believe me that if they WERE in Buffalo for a game (and I have know reason to doubt they were), that's where you'd find them.

PS - It is also well known that Hammer is very discrete and he does not broadcast to the world when those associated with the team frequent his facilities.

Seriously?

11 years and only 3600 posts! I don't think that's a lot of posts and I do enjoy a GOOD argument. By the way where is Ba Ba Ba, in time out?